Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Chris Brown's view on Marshawn Lynch and the draft situation at RB

Warming up to Lynch

Today
    Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:39 PM ET | Link
    WARMING UP TO LYNCH: A lot of the emails I've been receiving from Bills fans concerns their first pick and whether Adrian Peterson will slip to 12 or whether Buffalo would take Lynch. I've mainly responded by saying I'm not convinced the Bills would take an offensive player early after addressing offense almost exclusively in free agency. I was also concerned about Lynch's off field resume.

But impressed with Lynch's abilities as a player I decided to dig a little deeper into his off the field stuff. Last June when he was the intended victim in a drive by shooting (he wasn't hit), I found that he was attending his sister's high school graduation and that it was a case of mistaken identity. In fact someone called Lynch's mother not long after the shooting to apologize for the incident saying Marshawn was not the intended target. Didn't know gangs had enough compassion to do something like that, but it says a lot.

The domestic and sexual assault incident last January that his ex-girlfriend filed a complaint about was dropped because of lack of evidence. The woman had no visible injuries and had no photos of injuries. A witness also refuted the accuser's story and the accuser's story was said to have inconsistencies according to police.

No doubt the Bills and every other team in the league is doing far more background checking than I did on Lynch. But it looks like a lot of the off the field stuff checks out, which has me a lot more excited about the dimension he could bring to Buffalo's offense. He has the versatility that's needed to take the Bills offense to the next level. Cal coach Jeff Tedford put this guy in the slot at times. He threw two touchdown passes in his college career as a tailback. He averaged 6.6 yards per carry for his career. And he doesn't have the miles on the tires that Adrian Peterson has, having split time with J.J. Arrington and Justin Forsett the past three years.

I guess I'm on record saying I wouldn't mind at all if the Bills took this guy with their first pick at 12. I'm just not convinced they're going to use a high pick on another offensive player with the holes to fill on defense.

---
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: Chris Brown's view on Marshawn Lynch and the draft situation at RB

Anthony Thomas at running back is as big as any hole they have on defense. If i can't Peterson give me Lynch.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Lynch needs to be on this team if we plan on winning any time soon.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

We have 2 holes to fill on Defense CB and 1 linebacker spot. If Crowell moves inside we would have Crowell and Spikes and Ellison on the outside. Ellison was not horrible and Spikes hopefully will be more recovered. This brings us to CB where Youboty and Thomas battling it out. This obviously does scare me. I guess there are those who will still say DT is a glaring need but We just signed Tripplet last year and drafted Mcargo in the 1st so I dont' see them going DT. RB is our biggest need currently. I can easily see us grabbing either Lynch or Peterson and I have no problems with this at all!

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

I think Marshawn Lynch can make our offense very dynamic.

As a runner, he can break tackles or bounce it outside.

As a receiver, he's spectacular. Not just out of the flat either, he can get downfield.

And from the accounts I've read, he's very dedicated to the game.
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

I'd be happy with either. I obviously saw more of Peterson in college and I saw more of his injuries. That bothers me. For that reason alone I prefer Lynch.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
              I'd be happy with either. I obviously saw more of Peterson in college and I saw more of his injuries. That bothers me. For that reason alone I prefer Lynch.
              Lynch is more explosive too.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Lynch is more explosive too.
                Alright im sold, now if Lynch and Peterson are available at twelve to you trade down?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  Alright im sold, now if Lynch and Peterson are available at twelve to you trade down?
                  No, you take Lynch.

He is a steal at twelve.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

If both are available, which would shock the hell outta me, you most certainly trade down. Some team would jump all over moving up a few slots to draft a franchise running back....Like for example the Green Bay Packers.

I'm not sure on the value between pick 12 and 16 but I would assume it would net us at least a 3rd, which would give us even more leeway in moving back up into round 1 if so desired. Or allow us another Day 1 pick.

Plus moving down 4 spots isn't going to hurt us too much in talent. According to some mocks' I've seen and thanks to Mikey, moving down 4 spots could still allow us to take Willis. Or would be a little better in taking Leon Hall/Darrelle Revis...etc

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

If they leave Peterson or Lynch on the board at 12.. Then this FO is a bunch of clowns.

They are difference makers from day one, you've got to be kidding me.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Lynch alone will be worth four wins to us this year.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

If Lynch is worth 4 more wins, AP is worth 6.

Neither means that many wins different though...maybe 1 or 2.

And if we move down 4 slots in my example on GB moving up for AP, Lynch still very possibly will be there for us to take at 16.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            If Lynch is worth 4 more wins, AP is worth 6.

Neither means that many wins different though...maybe 1 or 2.

And if we move down 4 slots in my example on GB moving up for AP, Lynch still very possibly will be there for us to take at 16.
                            Peterson blows, the guy is injured way too much and is one dimensional.

Lynch is a younger, faster, STRONGER, quicker Marshall Faulk.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Peterson blows? are you psycho?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X