PDA

View Full Version : Contest. 1000 ZB at stake.

Saratoga Slim
03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm freakin b-o-r-e-d at work today, and the lack of news around here isn't helping. In an effort to spur some creative conversation, I'll donate 1000 zonebucks to whoever comes up with the most worthwhile thread topic. Post proposed thread topics as replies below, and I'll pick the winner and start it up. I want entertainment soon, so contestants have until 3:15 PM, one hour from now.

Saratoga Slim
03-20-2007, 01:18 PM
P.S. I reserve the right to refrain from announcing a winner and donating zonebucks unless at least three reasonable entries are submitted.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2007, 02:03 PM
LOL, only 12 minutes left.

Ask Thrum or Pat for a couple of thread titles. They are both good at starting useless threads. :evil:

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Topic:
"Mediocrity.. and the homers that embrace it."

(im actually working on something similar for real)

Saratoga Slim
03-20-2007, 02:38 PM
I stumbled across a small spark of motivation here at work (our hot little associate came in and asked me to help her with something), so contest will remain open until 4:15. By the look of the entries so far, either no one's feeling creative, or no one's interested. But carry on.

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Topic:
How to earn $1.15 million per sack.

By Chris Kelsay
http://web.wireimage.com/images/Thumbnail/3995803.jpg

Talk0fNewYork
03-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Or
"I'm Rich *****"
By "The Playmaker" Nate Clements

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Thats a good one too.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Topic: " How the Buffalo Bills do nothing right"

By Pat Moran

HHURRICANE
"Could too much sex have affected McGahee's numbers"

Italion Soccer players are supposed to refrain from sex prior to club matches because it wears down their endurance. Could this have effected McGahee's performance?

TacklingDummy
"It's a FACT"

By Ice.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2007, 02:57 PM
"Cry, Whine and *****"

By: Members of the Billszone.

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 02:59 PM
"We're never changing the front page layout again"

by : Lordofgun

jamze132
03-20-2007, 03:34 PM
"A Day in the Life of a True Buffalo Bills Fan... Not an Assmunch"

Saratoga Slim
03-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Bing bing bing. Final whistle.

Not the thought-provoking topics I was anticipating, but I'm amused, which was all I'm really looking for in the end. Thus I'll disburse the 1000 zbs equally amongst Pat, ToNY, HH and yes......Tackling Dummy

jamze132
03-20-2007, 03:35 PM
"101 Reasons Why the Dolphins Suck"

jamze132
03-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Just a minute too late!

HHURRICANE
03-20-2007, 03:46 PM
"101 Reasons Why the Dolphins Suck"

I liked that one. We could have gone on for hours with that one!!

Saratoga Slim
03-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Just a minute too late!

Tell you what, if you list 20 reasons why the Dolphins suck, I'll give you 150 as a consolation prize. It shouldn't be too hard.

jamze132
03-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Tell you what, if you list 20 reasons why the Dolphins suck, I'll give you 150 as a consolation prize. It shouldn't be too hard.
20. I am a Bills fan
19. I hate the Dolphins
18. Joey Porter fits right in with Ricky and his crew
17. They have a QB named "Cleo"
16. Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor are too good for the Dolphins
15. We beat them twice last year
14. We have beaten them 3/4 previous meetings
13. I am a Bills fan (sorry, running out)
12. Daunte Culpepper?
11. Joey Harrington?
10. Mike Mularkey is still on the payroll
9. A Canadian team has the rights to one of there QBs
8. Manny Wright wants a second chance
7. They were 6-10 last year
6. They won't be better than 7-9 this year
5. Their colors are teal and orange
4. Pro Player Stadium? (Joe Robby)
3. You don't really need all those Isotoners in Miami that Dan the Man sported
2. Ricky Williams couldn't cut it in Canada
1. FTP is a Dolphins fan

There is 20 quick reasons. I hope no Dolphin fans take this too serious except for FTP, I am sure he will shoot himself.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Repalce #11 Joey Harrington with Dan Marino

Saratoga Slim
03-20-2007, 07:29 PM
20. I am a Bills fan
19. I hate the Dolphins
18. Joey Porter fits right in with Ricky and his crew
17. They have a QB named "Cleo"
16. Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor are too good for the Dolphins
15. We beat them twice last year
14. We have beaten them 3/4 previous meetings
13. I am a Bills fan (sorry, running out)
12. Daunte Culpepper?
11. Joey Harrington?
10. Mike Mularkey is still on the payroll
9. A Canadian team has the rights to one of there QBs
8. Manny Wright wants a second chance
7. They were 6-10 last year
6. They won't be better than 7-9 this year
5. Their colors are teal and orange
4. Pro Player Stadium? (Joe Robby)
3. You don't really need all those Isotoners in Miami that Dan the Man sported
2. Ricky Williams couldn't cut it in Canada
1. FTP is a Dolphins fan

There is 20 quick reasons. I hope no Dolphin fans take this too serious except for FTP, I am sure he will shoot himself.

Good enough. Any reason is a good reason by me.

GarnOFreak
03-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Twenty reasons the Dolpins suck:

20. Chicks dig the mascot cuz "it's a cutie!"
19. In the words of Ray Finkle, "Die Dan Die!"
18. Don Shula traded in coaching them to run a chain of Steakhouses.
17. They have been longing for the good old days of the undefeated team longer than most of the current fans have been alive.
16. Teal and Orange? Why not Perriwinkle and Vivid Tangerine Polka-Dots?
15. Three QBs to choose from, all of which are not "The Answer"(no offense to The Answer)
14. Dolfans are still hoping that Ricky Williams situation pans out and he either returns to the team or they can get back ONE of the two 1st rounders they gave up for him. "...here's your sign"
13. Even the coach (Saban) bailed on them after last year.
12. We shut them out last year. They could have kicked a FG(again) to keep from getting blanked but didn't.
11. Randy McMichael had more hits last year than any member of the defense.
10. Junior Seau retired just to get off the team
9. Ronnie Brown...nice guy, nothing bad to say about him, but if he goes down who will carry the rock?
8. Chris Chambers, yeah he was okay in 2005, but for all of us who took him in Fantasy Football last year....he has to make this list.
7. 20th ranked Offense last year.
6a. "Andy Cohen: Porter's Signing Makes Statement" -yeah we'll sign any thug to sell some tickets.
6b. A few days later he assults Levi Brown in a bar...making another statement. -they'll sign any thug to sell some tickets.
5. They signed Feely to be kicker and we can't listen to the anouncers go "OOOOOOOOLinde Maaaaaaaare" anymore.
4. The best part of the game on the field for the Dolphins are their cheerleaders. Why do they dress so scantily?....to distract the viewers, otherwise they'd notice how bad the team is.
3. Even Dan Marino flirted with the idea of coming back to the team in some advisory role, but when he got a closer look, turned them down.
2. They are the cellar dweller in the AFC East, and will remain so.
1. They have given up a huge number of high picks for nothing in return. (AJ Feeley, Dante Culpepper, Ricky Williams,etc) and yet sign players like Jamie Nails and Bennie Anderson in Free Agency.

jamze132
03-21-2007, 02:31 AM
Where is my zonebucks? I needs to buy something. They are burning a hole in my pocket.

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Twenty reasons the Dolpins suck:

20. Chicks dig the mascot cuz "it's a cutie!"
19. In the words of Ray Finkle, "Die Dan Die!"
18. Don Shula traded in coaching them to run a chain of Steakhouses.
17. They have been longing for the good old days of the undefeated team longer than most of the current fans have been alive.
16. Teal and Orange? Why not Perriwinkle and Vivid Tangerine Polka-Dots?
15. Three QBs to choose from, all of which are not "The Answer"(no offense to The Answer)
14. Dolfans are still hoping that Ricky Williams situation pans out and he either returns to the team or they can get back ONE of the two 1st rounders they gave up for him. "...here's your sign"
13. Even the coach (Saban) bailed on them after last year.
12. We shut them out last year. They could have kicked a FG(again) to keep from getting blanked but didn't.
11. Randy McMichael had more hits last year than any member of the defense.
10. Junior Seau retired just to get off the team
9. Ronnie Brown...nice guy, nothing bad to say about him, but if he goes down who will carry the rock?
8. Chris Chambers, yeah he was okay in 2005, but for all of us who took him in Fantasy Football last year....he has to make this list.
7. 20th ranked Offense last year.
6a. "Andy Cohen: Porter's Signing Makes Statement" -yeah we'll sign any thug to sell some tickets.
6b. A few days later he assults Levi Brown in a bar...making another statement. -they'll sign any thug to sell some tickets.
5. They signed Feely to be kicker and we can't listen to the anouncers go "OOOOOOOOLinde Maaaaaaaare" anymore.
4. The best part of the game on the field for the Dolphins are their cheerleaders. Why do they dress so scantily?....to distract the viewers, otherwise they'd notice how bad the team is.
3. Even Dan Marino flirted with the idea of coming back to the team in some advisory role, but when he got a closer look, turned them down.
2. They are the cellar dweller in the AFC East, and will remain so.
1. They have given up a huge number of high picks for nothing in return. (AJ Feeley, Dante Culpepper, Ricky Williams,etc) and yet sign players like Jamie Nails and Bennie Anderson in Free Agency.

Nice work. Keep it up fellas, I like this game.

Talk0fNewYork
03-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Marcus Vick, Joey Porter, and Ricky Williams are on thier roster nuff said.

GarnOFreak
04-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Hey Slim, I'm still waiting.....