PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chris Brown, Is that a tape recorder......

camelcowboy
03-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Whitner and Simpson sightings

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:27 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1168)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>WHITNER AND SIMPSON SIGHTINGS: The up and coming safety duo was spotted in the Bills locker room today. Simpson looks bigger through the shoulders at first glance. So does Whitner whose neck looks like it's disappearing beneath his trapezius muscles. Whitner has packed on some muscle for sure. I'll have to ask how much. It's amazing how much better second year players can look. After training for combine testing and trying to improve their speed often by reducing their weight as rookies, they can add good weight as 2nd year players and often come in much stronger in year two. That looks to be the case with these two.
--- </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Good to see they have bulked up. They needed to become a little stronger in my opinion.

Earthquake Enyart
03-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Now if they can teach Simpson how to play, we'll be all set.

B-DON
03-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Simpson did get burnt alot last year. Even in the open field his tackling looked suspect

Mr. Pink
03-20-2007, 01:48 PM
The good news on Simpson is he seems to show a nose for the ball...I would absolutely LOVE if somehow Laron Landry was available at pick 12. I highly doubt it and we cannot afford to move up to get him.

Goobylal
03-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Who do you envision taking Landry before #12?

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2007, 01:57 PM
The good news on Simpson is he seems to show a nose for the ball...I would absolutely LOVE if somehow Laron Landry was available at pick 12. I highly doubt it and we cannot afford to move up to get him.
Why stop there? Let's bring in 4 more safeties, whoever is available. Isn't Adam Archeleta looking for a team?

camelcowboy
03-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Who do you envision taking Landry before #12?

Atlanta, Houston

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Why stop there? Let's bring in 4 more safeties, whoever is available. Isn't Adam Archeleta looking for a team?
Nope but they want him to take a HELL of a pay cut.

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 02:08 PM
go watch his highlights, you'll be praying for him.

Landry will be to a team what Sanders is to the colts, maybe more.

he's the ONLY player in this draft other than CJ that would make me happy if we took them and not AP/Lynch.

Some safeties hit like trucks (roy williams) some have a nose for the ball (reed).. Landry is BOTH

Mr. Pink
03-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Yes, why would we draft a playmaker and difference maker in our cover 2 style defense? With the fact that our DTs are absolutely junk in the system we employ, we need players that will make plays in the secondary.

Landry can hit and flies around the ball. Reminds me of Eric Turner back in the early 90s when he played at UCLA then drafted #2 overall by Cleveland.

Isn't that enough reason to want him?

Goobylal
03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I'd take Landry if he can play CB and if he can make a difference in the running game like Bob Sanders did for the Colts.

camelcowboy
03-20-2007, 02:19 PM
I'd take Landry if he can play CB and if he can make a difference in the running game like Bob Sanders did for the Colts.

Putting Landry at corner would be a waste of his talent. He would beat simpson and whitner hands down in a open competition.

Goobylal
03-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Could Whitner play CB? I just hate the idea of adding another safety, when the Bills already have 2 and have needs elsewhere.

camelcowboy
03-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Could Whitner play CB? I just hate the idea of adding another safety, when the Bills already have 2 and have needs elsewhere.

I remember reading that Whitner could be a safety/corner tweener last year. But the bills do have too many holes, alot of good players at twelve. Landry would stop and make me think if he was available though.

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 02:32 PM
If Landry got drafted today, He'd be our best safety tommorow.

I would think they could move Whitner to corner.. Even if not, Simpson could play a dime/ST role..Its not like we wasted a first rounder on him last year.

Landry is too much man to pass up.. The ONLY one I'd consider over him realistically is Peterson or maybe Lynch.

madness
03-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Draft Landry at #12? Move Whitner to corner? Wow.

Yesterday
All the crackheads seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe
In yesterday

SquishDaFish
03-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Take Landry if avail and move Whitner to corner.

Earthquake Enyart
03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Draft Landry and bench Simpson.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
If Landry got drafted today, He'd be our best safety tommorow.

I would think they could move Whitner to corner.. Even if not, Simpson could play a dime/ST role..Its not like we wasted a first rounder on him last year.

Landry is too much man to pass up.. The ONLY one I'd consider over him realistically is Peterson or maybe Lynch.

You talk about not taking a CB because it is not a need, but you want a safety?

HAMMER
03-20-2007, 04:30 PM
If he is the biggest difference maker on the board when we pick then I am all for it.

Tatonka
03-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Now if they can teach Simpson how to play, we'll be all set.

:lol: