PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills: Merry-Go-Round of Mediocrity

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 04:36 PM
"While the majority of teams in the NFL have enjoyed spine-tingling roller coaster rides of highs and lows over recent years; the Buffalo Bills have been trapped in kiddy-land, riding the merry-go-round of mediocrity for the better part of a decade."

Read More:
[/URL]
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Patrick_Moran/2007/03/20/Buffalo_Bills_MerryGoRound_of_Mediocrity
[URL="http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Patrick_Moran/2007/03/20/Buffalo_Bills_MerryGoRound_of_Mediocrity"] (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Patrick_Moran/2007/03/20/Buffalo_Bills_MerryGoRound_of_Mediocrity)

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
On the plus side..I did plug BZ and may get some new posters around, or at least interested.

Mudflap1
03-20-2007, 04:45 PM
head coach BLEEP Jauron -- LOL... (I know it was an accident)

Jon

casdhf
03-20-2007, 04:47 PM
On the plus side..I did plug BZ and may get some new posters around, or at least interested. I'm betting this site gets 10x more traffic than your pissy blog.

Mudflap1
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
How about:

RD 1: Okoye
RD 1: Best WR available, maybe Bowe or Rice? (use the 3rd round pick to trade up as suggested)
RD 2: LB or RB
RD 3: LB or RB (whichever wasn't chosen already)

Jon

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Im betting your wrong.

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 04:51 PM
How about:

RD 1: Okoye
RD 1: Best WR available, maybe Bowe or Rice? (use the 3rd round pick to trade up as suggested)
RD 2: LB or RB
RD 3: LB or RB (whichever wasn't chosen already)

Jon
I dont dislike Okoye at all.
A) I dont think he will be on the board anyway
B) I don't think he helps them much if at all this year.

casdhf
03-20-2007, 04:53 PM
His counterparts of Josh Reed, Peerless Price and Roscoe Parrish are about as reliable as a Lindsay Lohan rehab stint. The :ill:

justasportsfan
03-20-2007, 04:53 PM
No offense but I just couldn't read another wys like article.

YardRat
03-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Marv actually never stepped away from the organization. He was immediately elevated to GM after expressing a desire to no longer coach. Everything that you imagined happening in-between was really just a bad dream.

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Dissing the article is fine..
Whether your a Peter King or a second-rate nobody like me, that ALWAYS happens.

But lol dont compare me and WYS and his 15,000 word docs..... I am on a strict word count that goes from my blog to an editor before being put out elsewhere. I dont even need to worry about spelling or grammar much, but word counts are a big thing.

I like WYS's stuff at times actually, its just always WAY too long.

justasportsfan
03-20-2007, 04:58 PM
it's not the length. It's the beating of the dead horse that's the problem.

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Well.. On here .. yes

here's the most ironic thing ever.. I cant TELL YOU HOW MANY emails I get over the long haul that bash me and call me a homer.. That's the funny thing.

BZ is kind of a gated community.. I dont think some people who come here and mainly ONLY here realize what a joke the Bills are on a league-wide level.

Mudflap1
03-20-2007, 05:04 PM
It's a dead horse to us... but to the Fox Sports Blog it's not... it's a Bills fan expressing his opinion.

One thing I have said all along is that we should not assess the offseason until after the draft, etc. However, I don't think it's a reach for Pat to say that the Bills have not improved overall through free agency, that's probably true. The offensive line is improved, but the whole team is not. If the draft goes well and a lot of blue chippers are brought in at the right places, then I would say the offseason is a success. I wouldn't necessarily say that free agency has been a failure either. Too early to tell. But it's accurate the the team right now hasn't been improved through free agency, as opposed to, say, San Francisco.

Jon

justasportsfan
03-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Well.. On here .. yes

here's the most ironic thing ever.. I cant TELL YOU HOW MANY emails I get over the long haul that bash me and call me a homer.. That's the funny thing.

I understand. Talk about irony , some bills bashers here call me a rahrah guy because IMO the jury is still out on Marv .

Even though I haven't given Marv an A for his moves , just because I don't bash the guy, I'm a Marv cheereleader.

casdhf
03-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I think its the writing more than the content. It remends me of the "please grade my essay" thread started by some 10th grader. At least wys could write well.

justasportsfan
03-20-2007, 05:23 PM
:movie:

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2007, 05:28 PM
One question for you:

You criticize the re-signing of Kelsay saying it prevents a DE from being drafted. Yet you wanted Fletcher back, which woudl have prevented a LB from being drafted.

And I question whether he was the best LB last year but that is an other discussion.

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 05:34 PM
:boring:

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 05:55 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/momsquawk/pouting.jpg
I think its the writing more than the content. It remends me of the "please grade my essay" thread started by some 10th grader. At least wys could write well.

casdhf
03-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Ya ... 10th grade was too much ... 4th seems about right.

Devin
03-20-2007, 06:44 PM
:yawn: Wys stuff is better.

PromoTheRobot
03-20-2007, 08:02 PM
One question for you:

You criticize the re-signing of Kelsay saying it prevents a DE from being drafted. Yet you wanted Fletcher back, which woudl have prevented a LB from being drafted.

And I question whether he was the best LB last year but that is an other discussion.
...and the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Don't interrupt the man when he's on a roll.

PTR

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 09:54 AM
they took.. the ****ing.................bar

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2007, 10:08 AM
:yawn: Wys stuff is better.
This is like saying that you enjoy the taste of Drano more than you like battery acid.

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Im betting your wrong.
There is a 0% chance your blog even comes close to the same amount of traffic this site does. Are you delusional?

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2007, 10:23 AM
you're.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 10:45 AM
There is a 0% chance your blog even comes close to the same amount of traffic this site does. Are you delusional?
1- There is a 0% chance you are correct.

2- I said the article not the blog got more traffic than here. When I write something the landing spot is that blog, the peice itself depending on the topic or need goes to many other places my man. I won't bother saying when or where because I certainly have no need to defend myself from a goof on here or anywhere else who doesnt "like" me.

3- Do you have any idea how many people read those blogs?

4- Who gives a flying **** anyway? If the topic at hand or my writing in general doesn't interest you, then don't read it. I never claimed for it to be anything groundbreaking anyway.

5- I also did plug BZ.

6- You or anyone else are more than welcome to dis me or my writing, but don't be stupid, naive and foolish to dis my ability and credentials as a legitimate writer. I've made more than just a couple dollars doing what I do, I've sat in more than just a couple of press boxes doing what I do, I've been in more than just a few locker rooms doing what I do. And trust me there are people on here who know that to be a FACT... I never said I was smarter, a better writer or more informed than anyone else; but I'm not going to be pushed around by clowns who dont know **** about me either.

I never said I was Peter King or Adam Schefter.. I spend a lot of time on BZ because minus a few *******s, 95% of the people on here are entertaining to agree or disagree with; and I especially like talking football without the stress of trying to be politically correct or anything else I dont feel like doing.

So maybe not you specifically.. But to whomever has something personal to say.. Don't read my ****, know what your talking about and most importantly, ****ing grow up.

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2007, 10:46 AM
6- You or anyone else are more than welcome to dis me or my writing, but don't be stupid, naive and foolish to dis my ability and credentials as a legitimate writer. I've made more than just a couple dollars doing what I do, I've sat in more than just a couple of press boxes doing what I do, I've been in more than just a few locker rooms doing what I do. And trust me there are people on here who know that to be a FACT... I never said I was smarter, a better writer or more informed than anyone else; but I'm not going to be pushed around by clowns who dont know **** about me either.

:rofl:

He told you, Thurm.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 10:50 AM
I wasnt talking to Thurm actually, definitely not specifically.

I like Thurm... met him briefly at last year's BZ party

justasportsfan
03-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I never said I was smarter, a better writer or more informed than anyone else; .
I beg to differ

The Answer
03-21-2007, 12:10 PM
"While the majority of teams in the NFL have enjoyed spine-tingling roller coaster rides of highs and lows over recent years; the Buffalo Bills have been trapped in kiddy-land, riding the merry-go-round of mediocrity for the better part of a decade."

Read More:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Patrick_Moran/2007/03/20/Buffalo_Bills_MerryGoRound_of_Mediocrity

Great Blog PM2006 - The Answer wasn't aware that you were an amateur sports writer - spot on though and loved the Lindsey Lohan pic and reference.

~The Answer

Mudflap1
03-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Pat,

I'm getting mixed signals here. Can you tell us how you really feel? Don't sugarcoat the issues...

Jon

Devin
03-21-2007, 08:19 PM
This is like saying that you enjoy the taste of Drano more than you like battery acid.

Good point.