X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • !Papacrunk!
    • Mar 2004

"Time to Get Tough"

The NFL may soon hand down the kind of decision that could highlight Roger Goodell's brief reign as commissioner and put the spotlight squarely on his efforts to strengthen the league's personal conduct policy. Sources within the league office say the NFL is likely to set an example with its punishment of troubled Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman'' Jones, suspending him even before the legal process from a Las Vegas strip club brawl in February is complete. The suspension could wipe out his entire 2007 season.
    SI:Time To Get Tough

After reading this article, I've now become extremely skeptical that the NFL will grant Ricky Williams entry back to the NFL. It does makes sense that the new guy has to 'send a message.'
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: "Time to Get Tough"

! think everyone has forgotten about Ricky by now and it may just be better if the NFL keeps his situation private unless they decide to reinstate him.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

The NFLPA will **** a brick.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I wonder what this means for multiple incident Joey Porter.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
          I wonder what this means for multiple incident Joey Porter.
          Probably nothing since he wasn't arrested.

Comment

• B-DON
            hi
            • Mar 2004

How many other jobs does your personal life carry over into your professional life? I know its better to have disciplined players but why should they be able to suspend him if what he did was off the fiel and had nothing to do with the NFL at all. Im not saying Pacman isnt wrong but the NFL is starting to become Big Brother ala 1984.

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by B-DON
              How many other jobs does your personal life carry over into your professional life? .
              how many other jobs hand 22 year old kids multi million dollar contracts?

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by venis2k1
                how many other jobs hand 22 year old kids multi million dollar contracts?
                So its Pacmans fault that someone wanted to pay him that? His money has nothing to do with this. He messes up alot so as soon as he does eveyone just jumps on him and takes there shots. I honestly dont see anyway Goddell gets away with this. The NFLPA will have a field day with this. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? You cant sentence someone until you prove they did something wrong. What an ignorant answer you gave. Always about the money.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

How many other jobs does your personal life carry over into your professional life? I know its better to have disciplined players but why should they be able to suspend him if what he did was off the fiel and had nothing to do with the NFL at all. Im not saying Pacman isnt wrong but the NFL is starting to become Big Brother ala 1984.
                  How many jobs are in the public limelight like an NFL players? Last time I checked, the NFL gets a wee bit of exposure. I've even heard about companies that check people's MySpace account of potential hirees and add that to the hiring process. It's their money, he doesn't have to play for the NFL, they can do what ever they want to do: when they sign the dotted line, that contract is probably more than just how much you're going to make. A lot of this has to do with Goodell wanting set an example and a precedent to the rest of the NFL.

Comment

• venis2k1
                    Youboty can hope
                    • Jul 2002

So its Pacmans fault that someone wanted to pay him that? His money has nothing to do with this. He messes up alot so as soon as he does eveyone just jumps on him and takes there shots. I honestly dont see anyway Goddell gets away with this. The NFLPA will have a field day with this. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? You cant sentence someone until you prove they did something wrong. What an ignorant answer you gave. Always about the money.
                    i think your takin my post waaaaay out of context. and yes, it is all about the money. fact is when your 22 years old, a celebrity, and have a very deep pocket, trouble has a way of finding you.

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

First of all, Ricky Williams was never busted by the law to my knowledge, which is something a lot of NFL players can't say. He tested positive for marijuana a few times, then kicked out of the league for a year because of taking "a substance disallowed by the NFL," most likely some sort of herbal supplement (not pot).

Ricky Williams is Mother Theresa compared to Pac-Man Jones.

Jones is in trouble with the law, not the league, and if he couldn't afford a good lawyer, I guarantee that he would be behind bars as we speak.

He bit two guys, spit on two women and much, much more:

Pacman Jones was arrested 10 times (or had altercations with the law) since being drafted by the Titans in 2005. Here's the deal:
                      assault
                      felony vandalism
                      blowing off his probation officer - not literally
                      disorderly conduct
                      public intoxication
                      spitting on and shouting profanities at a women (who he claims stole his wallet)
                      Apparently, he likes to spit on women, because he was accused of it for a 2nd time

This one is good: he went to a strip club with a garbage bag filled with $81,000 in one-dollar bills, started throwing the money in the air, then became enraged when a stripper started grabbing the money without his permission. So he did what any of us would do and grabbed her by the hair and slammed her head on the stage. When the security guard intervened with Jones and his half-dozen homies, Pacman did what anyone else would do...he "allegedly" bit the guard in the lower leg and threatened his life. Then, later, one of his boys came back into the club with a gun and shot three people, included the bitten guard, who was shot twice. While nobody was killed, a former professional wrestler was paralysed from the waist down. Of course Pacman denies knowing the shooter, but I think it's safe to assume that he does.

Allegations of betting on college games to earn quick money.

Suspected drug use...gee, I wonder about that...

Tell me he's misunderstood or something and I'll call you an idiot.

Say he deserves a second chance and I'll say that he is already on at least his eleventh chance.

Tell me this guy isn't a super-thug that is involved with guns and drugs, and I'll call you naive.

Tell me he deserves to be kicked out of the league for a year and I'll say "of course."

Throw him in jail, and we'll all be a lot safer.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by feldspar
                        First of all, Ricky Williams was never busted by the law to my knowledge, which is something a lot of NFL players can't say. He tested positive for marijuana a few times, then kicked out of the league for a year because of taking "a substance disallowed by the NFL," most likely some sort of herbal supplement (not pot).

Ricky Williams is Mother Theresa compared to Pac-Man Jones.

Jones is in trouble with the law, not the league, and if he couldn't afford a good lawyer, I guarantee that he would be behind bars as we speak.

He bit two guys, spit on two women and much, much more:

Pacman Jones was arrested 10 times (or had altercations with the law) since being drafted by the Titans in 2005. Here's the deal:
                        assault
                        felony vandalism
                        blowing off his probation officer - not literally
                        disorderly conduct
                        public intoxication
                        spitting on and shouting profanities at a women (who he claims stole his wallet)
                        Apparently, he likes to spit on women, because he was accused of it for a 2nd time

This one is good: he went to a strip club with a garbage bag filled with $81,000 in one-dollar bills, started throwing the money in the air, then became enraged when a stripper started grabbing the money without his permission. So he did what any of us would do and grabbed her by the hair and slammed her head on the stage. When the security guard intervened with Jones and his half-dozen homies, Pacman did what anyone else would do...he "allegedly" bit the guard in the lower leg and threatened his life. Then, later, one of his boys came back into the club with a gun and shot three people, included the bitten guard, who was shot twice. While nobody was killed, a former professional wrestler was paralysed from the waist down. Of course Pacman denies knowing the shooter, but I think it's safe to assume that he does.

Allegations of betting on college games to earn quick money.

Suspected drug use...gee, I wonder about that...

Tell me he's misunderstood or something and I'll call you an idiot.

Say he deserves a second chance and I'll say that he is already on at least his eleventh chance.

Tell me this guy isn't a super-thug that is involved with guns and drugs, and I'll call you naive.

Tell me he deserves to be kicked out of the league for a year and I'll say "of course."

Throw him in jail, and we'll all be a lot safer.
                        really good points. I just think Williams will get lumped into the bad seed category no matter what.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

military!

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                            really good points. I just think Williams will get lumped into the bad seed category no matter what.
                            Being judged and called names (rightly or wrongly) is not going to end Ricky Williams' career. Being called a "bad seed" never hurt Ray Lewis too much. In fact, I think it actually helped his career in the long run. I believe that the league should and will reinstate Ricky Williams again. A whole lot of people still like him. I do. If he can regain his old form, all these a-holes will forgive him...or at least pretend to (unless, of course, he is playing on the opposing team).

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

I don't know where to even begin to tell you all that is wrong with what you are saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X