PDA

View Full Version : Thurman on NFLTA

Jeff1220
03-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Thurman was on the set with Rich Eisen and Marshall Faulk. He had an awesome intro with taped congrats from Biscuit, Bruce, Talley, and Andre. Marshall Faulk credited Thurman as being the model for his game. Marshall had Marchibroda as his OC when he came into the league w/Indy and watched many many hours of Thurman Thomas film. He said they ran close to the same offense where he was cast into the Thurman role. They talked a little bit about what makes a good back and both TT and MF agreed that film study and working for a better understanding of the game will help a RB understand defenses and anticipate their cutbacks better, and that blocking (and helping out the OL when they need it) is one of the most important things a RB can do. Thurman sounds genuinely humbled by the whole HOF experience and is genuinely grateful to the people of Buffalo. Willis should've watched it, he might learn a thing or two.

Oh yeah, tomorrow is Bills day on NFLN: Marv Levy: In His Own Words, Comeback game, and Bills will be featured on Path to the Draft and NFLTA.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the info.. :posrep:

BILLSROCK1212
03-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Thurman was on the set with Rich Eisen and Marshall Faulk. He had an awesome intro with taped congrats from Biscuit, Bruce, Talley, and Andre. Marshall Faulk credited Thurman as being the model for his game. Thurman had Marchibroda as his OC when he came into the league w/Indy and watched many many hours of Thurman Thomas film. He said they ran close to the same offense where he was cast into the Thurman role. They talked a little bit about what makes a good back and both TT and MF agreed that film study and working for a better understanding of the game will help a RB understand defenses and anticipate their cutbacks better, and that blocking (and helping out the OL when they need it) is one of the most important things a RB can do. Thurman sounds genuinely humbled by the whole HOF experience and is genuinely grateful to the people of Buffalo. Willis should've watched it, he might learn a thing or two.

Oh yeah, tomorrow is Bills day on NFLN: Marv Levy: In His Own Words, Comeback game, and Bills will be featured on Path to the Draft and NFLTA.
for those that dont have NFLN can u tell us what they say????

Jeff1220
03-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I'll bet some of Thurman's appearance will be on NFL.com tomorrow (if it isn't already).

ublinkwescore
03-21-2007, 10:59 AM
I better get some sleep so I can get up and watch it then.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Great post. I love Thurm.

Let us know what they say about us on Path to the Draft.

After last year, I have no CHOICE but to pay attention to Mayock.

PIZ
03-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Great post. I love Thurm.

Let us know what they say about us on Path to the Draft.

After last year, I have no CHOICE but to pay attention to Mayock.

Why, what did he say? Did he predict the Whitner pick?

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Why, what did he say? Did he predict the Whitner pick?
Yep.. he's the only to my knowledge that called Whitner before draft day.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Can somebody PLEASE TiVo the Comeback Game for me. :pray::pray:

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Yep.. he's the only to my knowledge that called Whitner before draft day.
Not only that, he almost had the Top 10 completely correct, with only 2 teams flip-flopped I think.

JJamezz
03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Its up on nfl.com

The biggest thing hearing Thurman did for me, was make me realize how complacent I'd become, and so accepting of the attitude of players like McGahee - because its become so commonplace...

Then I watch a guy like TT talk about all the time, effort, study, dedication, heart, etc., etc., that he put in to the game, into the Bills and into the city of Buffalo - the total disappointment that his team wasn't able to bring that Super Bowl victory back to the people of Buffalo was as important to him as it would have been for himself, maybe more. He took it upon himself not only to know HIS job, but everyone elses around him, AS WELL AS the defense - knowing where they were all going to be - because his teammates and fans counted on him, and he counted on them..

Then I think of Willis McGahee, who couldn't even learn where HE was supposed to be on the field, let alone anyone else, and I just laugh my ass off... I don't have any ill will for the guy, or for anyone else, but I'm SOO glad he's not on this team anymore. Good f'n riddence - talk about addition by subtraction, THAT move was the poster boy for that term.

Man, it was touching to hear TT, and made me so hopeful that THIS - THIS is the reason Marv Levy was brought back to Buffalo, and that maybe, even in today's game where its more about paychecks and bling than winning and team, the Bills can be rebuilt into the same kind of high character, winning organization it was not too long ago.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Amen brother! My eyes are tearing up just a little. :cry:

Don't Panic
03-21-2007, 12:16 PM

According to their website, the Bill stuff is on today, from 4 PM to 7 PM:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule/0321

"4 p.m. -- In Their Own Words
Marv Levy - Get up close and personal with today's most successful and intriguing coaches and players with In Their Own Words. Each one-hour episode gives fans unprecedented access to an NFL legend with intimate sound. In Their Own Words reveals his intensity, humor, competitiveness and humanity using rare interviews, archival action footage and exclusive sound captured on the field, on the sidelines and in the locker room.
5 p.m. -- Film Session
Greatest Games - 1992 AFC Wild Card - All the drama of this historic game is relived in this 90-minute special as NFL FILMS reconstructs the game using archival footage and original radio calls of the Buffalo Bills epic 41-38 overtime victory over the Houston Oilers.
6:30 p.m. -- Path to the Draft
Path To The Draft - A 30-minute nightly studio show providing viewers in-depth analysis on prospective draft choices, plus breakdowns of each team's needs. The series features renowned NFL draft guru and college football analyst Mike Mayock and college football expert Charles Davis."

The one day I'm not going to be around...