Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Chargers asking price.....a high 2nd

NFL grapevine

Today
    Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:11 PM ET | Link
    NFL GRAPEVINE PRICE FOR TURNER: In talking to some people around the league I'm hearing that Chargers RFA RB Michael Turner could be had for a high second round pick. That obviously limits the number of teams that could make a play for Turner to those at or near the top of the second round this year, if that is the true asking price. I suppose if a team that wasn't at the top of the second round was desperate enough they could offer a first.

It wouldn't surprise me if teams that are interested try to wait it out though. San Diego GM A.J. Smith would obviously love to get value this year for a player that will likely be out the door for nothing next year. The longer he waits the less he will likely get in return for Turner. Of course if just one team can't land the RB they want in the draft he could get lucky and name his price.

While some teams might like the talent that Turner brings, there is the other deterrent of signing him to a lucrative long term deal.

I don't know if I'd give up a first for him, but I'd have to strongly consider giving up a 2nd if that's indeed all it would take. Again it's just rumblings I'm hearing. Nothing definitive.

We'll have to see if Turner talk heats up around the league. Stay tuned.

The chances we are taking with him are smaller than the ones we would take on a rookie RB....therefore I say trade for him and with our two 3rd rounders trade up in the draft or maybe use those 2 third rounders or a package a couple later round picks for Turner? just ideas...thought i'd post it
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Re: Chargers asking price.....a high 2nd

If the asking price is a high 2nd, then he can be had for one of our 3rd's. The asking price is always more than the actual selling price! A 3rd this year is better than nothing next year! Go get him Marv!!!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• acehole
      • Jan 2006

I knew the price would go down....They are lucky to now get a third.

It does open up some opitions in the first round for us. Thing is the contract. Would Turner go for an incentive ladend deal...with average upfront money.....because thats what the bills have in mind.

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
      NFL grapevine

Today
      NFL GRAPEVINE PRICE FOR TURNER: In talking to some people around the league I'm hearing that Chargers RFA RB Michael Turner could be had for a high second round pick. That obviously limits the number of teams that could make a play for Turner to those at or near the top of the second round this year, if that is the true asking price. I suppose if a team that wasn't at the top of the second round was desperate enough they could offer a first.

It wouldn't surprise me if teams that are interested try to wait it out though. San Diego GM A.J. Smith would obviously love to get value this year for a player that will likely be out the door for nothing next year. The longer he waits the less he will likely get in return for Turner. Of course if just one team can't land the RB they want in the draft he could get lucky and name his price.

While some teams might like the talent that Turner brings, there is the other deterrent of signing him to a lucrative long term deal.

I don't know if I'd give up a first for him, but I'd have to strongly consider giving up a 2nd if that's indeed all it would take. Again it's just rumblings I'm hearing. Nothing definitive.

The chances we are taking with him are smaller than the ones we would take on a rookie RB....therefore I say trade for him and with our two 3rd rounders trade up in the draft or maybe use those 2 third rounders or a package a couple later round picks for Turner? just ideas...thought i'd post it
      Hated by the stupid..
      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
        NFL grapevine

Today

Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• jamesiscool
          suck it fool.
          • Feb 2007

id give em a 3rd and a fourth. or both of the baltimore 3rd rounders we got. then we're set.
          Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

I would give them both of baltimore's third's if anything.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
              Wow, but their Gm said it would have to be a 1st and 3rd minimum. I was told that me posting a thread about trading for Turner was spam.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Our 4th in 07 and a conditional pick in 08

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  Our 4th in 07 and a conditional pick in 08
                  Probally our low 3rd and a conditional for 08

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

We could then draft booker as a nice scat back, or maybe leonard at full. that would be sweet.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                      I'd give them all three picks we got from Baltimore.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

i'd switch 2nd rounders(if they have one) and give them another draft pick but they wouldn't be getting a straight up 2nd rounder.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          I'd give them all three picks we got from Baltimore.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                            Wow, but their Gm said it would have to be a 1st and 3rd minimum. I was told that me posting a thread about trading for Turner was spam.
                            Exactly... where are those people now? I even remember someone had a sig that we were blowing hot air. Enjoy the crow...

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                              I agree! Our 3rd or Baltimore's 3rd. If it was my choice Baltimores 3rd.
                              Retired Air Traffic Controller
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

Working...
                              X