PDA

View Full Version : Last time the Bills used more than 1 rb we made the playoffs

more cowbell
03-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Remember when we had Antwan Smith, Johnathon Linton, Sammy Morris, and Shawn Bryson?

We made the playoffs with them in our backfield. Im not saying just because of them, but i'm saying it is possible to not have a clear cut starting RB in this league and be a good team.

casdhf
03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Darrick Holmes!!

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Can Anthony Thomas, Shaud Williams, Fred Jackson, and rookie be that much worse?

mchurchfie
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
The last time we made the POs we had defense too.:ill:

The Answer
03-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Remember when we had Antwan Smith, Johnathon Linton, Sammy Morris, and Shawn Bryson?

We made the playoffs with them in our backfield. Im not saying just because of them, but i'm saying it is possible to not have a clear cut starting RB in this league and be a good team.

We also had the little general Doug Flutie leading this offense as well. :jam:

~The Answer

JoeMama
03-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Our offense was fairly mediocre in 1999.

The fact that we made the playoffs that season was a testament to our #1 defense.

So I hope our pool of talent at RB is better than Antowain Smith, Jonathan Linton, and Lennox Gordon.

The Answer
03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Our offense was fairly mediocre in 1999.

The fact that we made the playoffs that season was a testament to our #1 defense.

So I hope our pool of talent at RB is better than Antowain Smith, Jonathan Linton, and Lennox Gordon.

Defense definetly was a key factor - but make no mistake about it - The little general willed this team to victory during his brief tenure as a Bill. And this organization is still haunted by the decision to bench him in favor of Rob Johnson for the now infamous 'music city miracle' debacle.

~The Answer

Ickybaluky
03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Does the McGahee/Henry Combo in 2004 count?

JoeMama
03-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Defense definetly was a key factor - but make no mistake about it - The little general willed this team to victory during his brief tenure as a Bill. And this organization is still haunted by the decision to bench him in favor of Rob Johnson for the now infamous 'music city miracle' debacle.

~The Answer

Flutie definitely helped.

I still give most of the credit to the defense though.

They always got overlooked in the late 90's even though they were one of the league's best units.

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Does the McGahee/Henry Combo in 2004 count?

we didn't make the playoffs then.

For the record, I'd take Henry and the A-Train this year. Throw in a 3rd, 4th or later round rookie with potential, and that could be a solid backfield.