PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown

jpdex12
03-21-2007, 12:20 PM
What is going on with Chris Brown? I hear his asking price is too high, but god when is he going to pick a team and who will it be?

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Everyone is waiting this one out until his price comes down to vet min. I wouldn't mind having him for dirt cheap, but any more than that, no thanks.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 12:34 PM
I think and HOPE its Tenn..

I have NO Interest in him.

The Answer
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
What is going on with Chris Brown? I hear his asking price is too high, but god when is he going to pick a team and who will it be?

Who cares - as long as he doesn't sign here.

~The Answer

Tatonka
03-21-2007, 01:04 PM
you guys are just nuts to think he wouldnt be a good addition as a back up for cheap.

i mean i get it that you dont want to pay him.. but i would give him what atrain got in a heartbeat.

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2007, 01:05 PM
If we're going to pick a RB on the first day, as indicators seem to suggest, then Chris Brown would be part of a 3-back rotation, and we wouldn't want to pay him too much. he's probably looking for at least a solid #2 back salary, if not a starter's. I'm sure we're lowballing him. I'll take him for similar to what A-Train got.

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2007, 01:06 PM
however, if having brown and A-Train means we'd pass on Adrian Peterson and wait until the 2nd or 3rd to draft an RB, than I don't want him.

jpdex12
03-21-2007, 01:07 PM
you guys are just nuts to think he wouldnt be a good addition as a back up for cheap.

i mean i get it that you dont want to pay him.. but i would give him what atrain got in a heartbeat.

No kidding, if we picked him up that would allow for some nice depth on our roster at the RB position. Especially if we have A-Train and another RB from the draft. It would make good sense if we end up with

A-Train
C. Brown
and like a 2nd or 3rd rounder from the draft

or

A-Train
C. Brown
and Lynch or Peterson

We need depth at RB.

jpdex12
03-21-2007, 01:09 PM
I know Brown isn't a top notch starter and he's injury prone but you guys are nuts if you don't think that we need someone like that for depth on our roster.

Think realistically not like you're in the middle of a wet dream about possible RB's for us!

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2007, 02:03 PM
I know Brown isn't a top notch starter and he's injury prone but you guys are nuts if you don't think that we need someone like that for depth on our roster.

Think realistically not like you're in the middle of a wet dream about possible RB's for us!

I think he could be great depth, at the right price. I'm not saying vet minimum, but I also don't think he is worth a big cap hit. We got A-Train for 2 years, 2.8 w/a 400K signing bonus. for that, he might be worth having around.

Tatonka
03-21-2007, 04:36 PM
to me, behind this line.. brown, if he was the starter.. would get a 1000 yards in 11 games and be hurt for 5.. i would take that.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
I dont want Brown, because it would kill any chance of Peterson or Lynch ending up here.

There is no way we have A Train, sign Brown and still take a RB in Rd 1.

And maybe RB isnt the most popular choice for the first draft pick, but it's what I want.. SO piss on Chris Brown.

SquishDaFish
03-21-2007, 05:15 PM
If we sign him forget about Lynch or peterson

venis2k1
03-21-2007, 05:42 PM
what about shaud williams????

jpdex12
03-22-2007, 06:31 AM
I think he could be great depth, at the right price. I'm not saying vet minimum, but I also don't think he is worth a big cap hit. We got A-Train for 2 years, 2.8 w/a 400K signing bonus. for that, he might be worth having around.

Exactly, it would be to our benefit to be able to sign Brown to a contract similar to this. Our defense has got to be top priority in this draft again. Yes we need a RB. Yes I like the looks of Peterson and Lynch, but we need depth and improved play on the defensive side of the ball this year and we need it quickly. We addressed the line early on in FA. We definitely need another RB. Brown is already experienced. Injury prone also but he will get yards for us behind an improved line just as A-Train will.
If we sign Brown we can rotate with these older backs while we take a RB in the 2nd or third (preferrably 3rd) while the rookie gets acclimated to the NFL and learns from two seasoned vets and acts as a good change of pace back. That allows us to go after a DT/LB/CB in the first if we want. Next year there will be plenty more RB's and better RB's to chose from if we feel the need to still improve in this area.
I won't complain at all with Lynch or Peterson, but this is most likely the better route to go this year.

mysticsoto
03-22-2007, 08:18 AM
I dont want Brown, because it would kill any chance of Peterson or Lynch ending up here.

And I want Brown b'cse it exponentially increases the chances we will go with Patrick Willis - someone we desperately need to clog that middle and help stop the run! With an improved Oline, even average backs can do good when they have holes to run through!!!

Mr. Pink
03-22-2007, 08:34 AM
I don't want Brown because I don't think he is an improvement on already weak running back corps.

I'm all for improving this team not keeping them in a holding pattern.

Talk0fNewYork
03-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Offer him what we gave A-train 2 year 2 mil. if you want more **** off.