PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills falter in 2007 under Jauron....

The Answer
03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Does Marv fire him and make a move for Marty Schottenheimer?

Now The Answer realizes this probably isn't going to be a popular idea or likely even happen for obvious reasons - but you have to wonder what to expect if the Bills struggle in 2007 and finish worse than 7-9. Jauron did show The Answer a lot in 2006, and exceed expectations - but then again Mike Mularkey led this team to a 9-7 record in his first season, and we know what happened the following year.

Today's NFL is a 'win now' league - and with parity, rebuilding is just an excuse. Pressure is mounting in Buffalo and fans are ravenous, and this team is on the verge of becoming the new Arizona Cardinals.

Now a lot of people will point to Schott as a career loser and his hideous 5-13 playoff record, but keep in mind that he has only had ONE losing regular season in all his years of coaching. The Answer also believes it was a major mistake by San Diego to fire him and hire Norv Turner who has proven to be a bad head coach in two previous stops. San Diego was a joke before he got there and if they do go on to win a championship, it's because of the foundation Schott built there.

~The Answer

Tatonka
03-21-2007, 12:26 PM
there is ZERO chance that dick is not the coach for at least the next 2 years.. zero chance.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Of course unless FBH applies, then it's bye bye Jauron.

The Answer
03-21-2007, 12:30 PM
there is ZERO chance that dick is not the coach for at least the next 2 years.. zero chance.

Don't be so sure - anything can happen.

Marv obviously is not a young man anymore, and there's no guarantees he doesn't step down after 2007 if this season ends up being a disaster. New GM would most certainly make a coaching change.

For the record though The Answer is in Jauron's camp and feels he will succeed here - 2007 is critical though and he has to show he truely is a good coach, going to be a lot of new faces on this overhauled roster obviously.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
It would take a major catastrophe for Jauron to not be back.

Anything more than 4 wins and he'll be safe.

Night Train
03-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Don't be so sure - anything can happen.

Hard to believe you're not quoted more often, with such fascinating diatribe.

madness
03-21-2007, 12:38 PM

I can't see it happening unless Marv is willing to concede that his head coach is leaps and bounds ahead of him in the intellectual department.

gil
03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
plus Schott would command upwards of 5 mill a year - and I'm not calling RW cheap, but from everything I've read as we've gone through the coaching carousel, he isn't willing to pony up that kind of dough for a HC.

The Answer
03-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Hard to believe you're not quoted more often, with such fascinating diatribe.

The aim here is thinking outside the box so to speak - again, yes Richard Jauron is Marv's guy, but we have no idea how long Marv is going to stick around as GM - especially if things go south in a hurry in 2007 as some nfl pundits expect. Also the man is not getting any younger, so anybody under the impression that he is the long term ANSWER in Buffalo is severly misled.

~The Answer

Tatonka
03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
It would take a major catastrophe for Jauron to not be back.

Anything more than 4 wins and he'll be safe.

agreed

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2007, 01:09 PM
yeah, I think Dick's got this year and next year, barring an incredible collapse. we may not blow the doors off the AFC this year, but I don't think we're going to be bad enough to sink below 6-10.

then again, who would have though Mularkey would be gone after 2.......

The Answer
03-21-2007, 01:12 PM
yeah, I think Dick's got this year and next year, barring an incredible collapse. we may not blow the doors off the AFC this year, but I don't think we're going to be bad enough to sink below 6-10.

then again, who would have though Mularkey would be gone after 2.......

Actually the sad part of this is that Mularkey would likekly still be the coach in Buffalo if he hadn't 'stepped down'.

Thankfully though he followed his buddy Donablow and can now resume his career as TE coach in Miami.

~The Answer

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Actually the sad part of this is that Mularkey would likekly still be the coach in Buffalo if he hadn't 'stepped down'.

Thankfully though he followed his buddy Donablow and can now resume his career as TE coach in Miami.

~The Answer

Possibly, depending on how we did last year. If you'll remember, he was on thin ice.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
If something went wrong and Jauron was canned.

Let me be the first to open up the Cower Bandwaggon.

The Answer
03-21-2007, 02:40 PM
If something went wrong and Jauron was canned.

Let me be the first to open up the Cower Bandwaggon.

The Answer would jump on the bandwagon as fast he would the Martyball one.

~The Answer

feldspar
03-21-2007, 02:44 PM

FBH?

alohabillsfan
03-21-2007, 05:57 PM
First of all Marv will be loyal.

Second, if the "team" fails then Marv would be the first to assume responsibility and take the blame!

Third, for every answer there is a stupid question!

alohabillsfan
03-21-2007, 05:58 PM
The aim here is thinking outside the box so to speak - again, yes Richard Jauron is Marv's guy, but we have no idea how long Marv is going to stick around as GM - especially if things go south in a hurry in 2007 as some nfl pundits expect. Also the man is not getting any younger, so anybody under the impression that he is the long term ANSWER in Buffalo is severly misled.

~The Answer

I have a question for you... Who the hell is getting younger?

The Answer
03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
I have a question for you... Who the hell is getting younger?

The Botox Nation - but in all seriousness it's not like Marv has a lot of lead left in his pencil so to speak.

~The Answer

alohabillsfan
03-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Now The Answer realizes this probably isn't going to be a popular idea or likely even happen for obvious reasons - but you have to wonder what to expect if the Bills struggle in 2007 and finish worse than 7-9. Jauron did show The Answer a lot in 2006, and exceed expectations - but then again Mike Mularkey led this team to a 9-7 record in his first season, and we know what happened the following year.

First off the Bills achieved a 9-7 record inspite of Mularkey!
Second off we over achieved IMO with Jauron and Co.

Bone
03-21-2007, 07:30 PM
How about we PLAY this season and talk about it at the end of the season.

alohabillsfan
03-21-2007, 07:32 PM
The Botox Nation - but in all seriousness it's not like Marv has a lot of lead left in his pencil so to speak.

~The Answer

I really don't want to know, how you know, how much lead he has left in his pencil! :honda: :squeeze:

Generalissimus Gibby
03-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Does Marv fire him and make a move for Marty Schottenheimer?

Today's NFL is a 'win now' league - and with parity, rebuilding is just an excuse. Pressure is mounting in Buffalo and fans are ravenous, and this team is on the verge of becoming the new Arizona Cardinals.

Now a lot of people will point to Schott as a career loser and his hideous 5-13 playoff record, but keep in mind that he has only had ONE losing regular season in all his years of coaching. The Answer also believes it was a major mistake by San Diego to fire him and hire Norv Turner who has proven to be a bad head coach in two previous stops. San Diego was a joke before he got there and if they do go on to win a championship, it's because of the foundation Schott built there.

~The Answer

Is that you Mixum?