PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub to Texans

Ickybaluky
03-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Per Adam Schefter.

I guess David Carr will be moving on.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10078226)

A 2nd and possibly other compensation involved.

The Answer
03-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Per Adam Schefter.

So they gave up a 2nd rounder for him? The Answer believes Atlanta had a steep asking price and that's why several other teams like Minny lost interest.

Looks like the Falcons are sold on Ron Mexico after all and still believe he will someday learn how to throw the football.

~The Answer

camelcowboy
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Smartest move the texans ever made as a franchise.

Ickybaluky
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
The guy is a career 50% passer with a 6-to-6 TD-to-Int ratio. That is a risky trade. They basically are saying he will be good based off one real good performance against a Patriots team with a beat-up secondary (a game Atlanta lost).

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2007, 12:54 PM
The guy is a career 50% passer with a 6-to-6 TD-to-Int ratio. That is a risky trade. They basically are saying he will be good based off one real good performance against a Patriots team with a beat-up secondary (a game Atlanta lost).

I agree. I wouldn't necessarily show Carr the door just yet. I don't watch the Texans all that much, but seems like their offensive problems are broader than just QB play. I.e. no RB last year and a sucky OL.

camelcowboy
The guy is a career 50% passer with a 6-to-6 TD-to-Int ratio. That is a risky trade. They basically are saying he will be good based off one real good performance against a Patriots team with a beat-up secondary (a game Atlanta lost). He was the best qb on Atlanta's roster, watching him play i like the move. I would take schaub on my team before quinn, or carr.

lightningbolt444
cough cough rob johnson much

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Not sure why people have been licking this guys balls so hard for the last couple years. Sure he could end up being good but what has he really done to make people so sure?

Saratoga Slim
Is Adam Schefter the only NFL reporter left? He breaks every single story lately. Once in a great while you'll see Pasquarelli or Clayton find some news, but seems like this FA period its been Schefter, Schefter, Schefter.

patmoran2006
wow

camelcowboy
cough cough rob johnson much

Lol, maybe they'll sign flutie to have themselves a real qb controversy.

Earthquake Enyart
03-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Not sure why people have been licking this guys balls so hard for the last couple years. Sure he could end up being good but what has he really done to make people so sure?
Kinda like Youboty.

Tatonka
03-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Smartest move the texans ever made as a franchise.

no doubt.

great great move.

and a 2nd for him.. that is pretty solid. i would take schaub over both top qbs in this years draft.

Ickybaluky
03-21-2007, 12:59 PM
He was the best qb on Atlanta's roster, watching him play i like the move. I would take schaub on my team before quinn, or carr.

I have watched him play. Like his arm and touch, but the guy has hardly played and is a complete unknown. I don't know how you can say he is any better than Carr.

It is risky to trade for him and annoint him a starter. He may end up doing well, but I'd rather have Brady Quinn.

Romes
Kinda like Youboty.

Schaub didn't have a first round grade.

:couch:

THATHURMANATOR
Kinda like Youboty.
No one licks Youboty just say there is a chance of him being decent. Schaub is a star in everyones mind already.

Ickybaluky
no doubt.

great great move.

and a 2nd for him.. that is pretty solid. i would take schaub over both top qbs in this years draft.

Based on what?

Tatonka
and that is not an indication that i love schaub as much as it is that i dont like the top two qbs that much.

camelcowboy
Kinda like Youboty.

They traded for a qb because they didn't want to blow a draft choice on quinn. Just like the bills shouldn't blow their 12th pick on a tool named leon hall.

The Answer
03-21-2007, 01:00 PM
no doubt.

great great move.

Maybe over Quinn - but so far from what The Answer has seen of Jamarcus Russell - he definitely appears to be the real deal, and will be a frachise QB in this league.

Atlanta got rid of the wrong QB.

~The Answer

Ickybaluky
03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I think Quinn is going to be a very good NFL QB, myself.

JoeMama
03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I think it's a good move for the Texans.

Matt Schaub looks like a gamer.

The Texans have been in a rut with David Carr; it can't hurt to try something new.

Tatonka
03-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Based on what?

i think that, while unproven, he is obviously MORE proven than both the top qbs.. i think he has every bit the skill set that brady does.. but he has 3 years of nfl experience, which for a qb is huge... by the time quinn comes around, the coach of that team is probably going to be fired (cleveland).

i am not a fan of daunte cullpepper part 2 at all.

he is a first round pick based on his bowl game. period.

camelcowboy
03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
and that is not an indication that i love schaub as much as it is that i dont like the top two qbs that much.

Brady Quinn is garbage. Russell is okay, but after them there is no body the texans could take with their second round pick. QB was a need they filled it the best way they could. They may go Defense or o-line with their pick now. It's a solid move, considering there were not alot of options.

L.A. Playa
03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
maybe Atlanta will draft Quinn

TigerJ
03-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Youboty's already on the Bills roster, did not cost a second round pick+, and the Bills coaching staff has seen him in practice though the latter part of last season. There is still a risk to the Bills in planning on him starting, and not using a high draft pick or signing a veteran free agent to add someone at CB, but with other holes to fill, sometimes you have to take a chance on someone.

L.A. Playa
Brady Quinn is garbage. Russell is okay, but after them there is no body the texans could take with their second round pick. QB was a need they filled it the best way they could. They may go Defense or o-line with their pick now. It's a solid move, considering their are not alot of options.

I was on the sidelines of the USC-ND game last year and I am no fan of ND or Quinn up until that night, that guy took a big time beating and kept getting up and never gave up, with what I saw close up Brady Quinn is the real deal I dont care what the combine #'s show he is a tough nosed guy and will do well in the NFL

camelcowboy
I think Quinn is going to be a very good NFL QB, myself.

Glad someone does, i watched him alot reminds me alot of bledsoe. Accuracy is a issue with him as well.

camelcowboy
03-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I was on the sidelines of the USC-ND game last year and I am no fan of ND or Quinn up until that night, that guy took a big time beating and kept getting up and never gave up, with what I saw close up Brady Quinn is the real deal I dont care what the combine #'s show he is a tough nosed guy and will do well in the NFL

Thats funny because thats the game that really soured me on him. One of the bigger games of the season and i thought his performance was subpar. Sure he took a beating, but i think alot of that was him looking lost on the field. Just my opinion though.

The Answer
03-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Glad someone does, i watched him alot reminds me alot of bledsoe. Accuracy is a issue with him as well.

Actually Jamarcus Russell is more like Bledsoe than Quinn - big arm, statuesque in the pocket.

~The Answer

L.A. Playa
03-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Thats funny because thats the game that really soured me on him. One of the bigger games of the season and i thought his performance was subpar. Sure he took a beating, but i think alot of that was him looking lost on the field. Just my opinion though.

That game was not Quinn's fault WR's where running the wrong routes all game long, he had no time to throw its amazing he had as good of a game as he did, watching from the field gives you a whole new perspective, and hearing the ND coaches cuss out the line and recievers all night long told a story.

I have alot of respect for Quinn and his potential

RockStar36
03-21-2007, 01:10 PM
I think Quinn will end up being better than Russell.

lightningbolt444
03-21-2007, 01:15 PM
well i think russell is hype myself so is quinn to an extent but overal he had a great stay at nd sure he had a sub par year but it was still better than most qbs in the country just not the type of years hes had in the past but also the team he had around him in nd was not as talented das years past the team as a whole didnt play well as far as the texans pick after this tradde it looks to me as if they are posisioning themselves to take peterson or even lynch witht there pick remember the texans always think about the ol last even though thats all they need and they would start to become a contender for the most part they do have decent players and in my opinion a very good coach but i think this is a sure sign that peterson will be a texan next year not a bill :dance: which makes me so happy bring on lynch

madness
03-21-2007, 01:22 PM
They traded for a qb because they didn't want to blow a draft choice on quinn. Just like the bills shouldn't blow their 12th pick on a tool named leon hall.

I second that. I'm a Michigan fan and I honestly wouldn't want the Bills to draft either Hall or Branch. I think AY will definitely be a better CB then Hall.

Ickybaluky
03-21-2007, 01:28 PM
I think Quinn will end up being better than Russell.

I do as well. People talk about his not winning big games, but I remember the same knock on Peyton Manning. I think Quinn elevated a Notre Dame team that really wasn't that great. He improved each year he was at Notre Dame, taking a big jump thanks to receiving solid coaching from Charlie Weis.

There is not doubt he had accuracy issues early in his career, but he had a great senior season. He completed almost 65% of his passes as a senior and threw 32 TDs.

Quinn is a lot more athletic than Bledsoe ever was, a much better athlete than people realize. He is very strong and smart as well.

Charlie Weis thinks he will be a great NFL QB, and he is in position to know.

The King
03-21-2007, 01:29 PM

He did something to that NE Defense that we havent had a QB do in years.

Ickybaluky
03-21-2007, 01:32 PM
i think that, while unproven, he is obviously MORE proven than both the top qbs..

What exactly has he proven?

52.2% completion

6.42 Yds/Att

6 TD-to-6 Int

69.2 QB Rating

Those aren't overwhelming numbers. He may end up being a very good QB, but he is as big a risk as anyone in the draft.

justasportsfan
03-21-2007, 01:32 PM
I disticntly remember some people here wanting him over JP.

RockStar36
03-21-2007, 01:38 PM
He's a huge risk.

It will probably be a good move for Houston though because just about anybody would be an upgrade over Carr.

One good game against NE doesn't sell me on this guy though.

Ickybaluky
03-21-2007, 01:40 PM
One good game against NE doesn't sell me on this guy though.

Especially considering NE had Duane Starks starting at CB.

TacklingDummy
03-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Per Adam Schefter.

A 2nd and possibly other compensation involved.

It's about time the Texans gave up on their version of JP Losman. Let's hope it doesn't take the Bills 6 years.