PDA

View Full Version : How the Schaub trade effects the bills?

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 03:23 PM
With the Atlanta/Houston trade, I think it locks up Peterson going to Houston at 10, if he doesnt go to Cleveland at 3.. After passing on Bush last year, I think fans will lynch the FO if they pass on another potential franchise RB, one who's legendary from Texas to boot.
I'm thinking this may be the way the draft could play out, and if it happens to go exactly like this, then the Bills pick easily becomes a no-brainer.
1- Oakland- JaMarcus Russell, QB
2- Detroit- Brady Quinn, QB
3- Cleveland- Joe Thomas, OT
4- Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson, WR
5- Arizona- Gaines Adams, DE
6- Washington- LaRon Landry, S
7- Minnesota- Jamal Anderson, DE
8- Atlanta- Amobi Okoye, DT
9- Miami- Levi Brown, T
10- Houston- Adrain Peterson, RB
11- SF- Patrick Willis, LB
12- Buffalo- Marshawn Lynch, RB

I really don't see any of these picks being a big reach.. All would fill a pretty big need and all are projected right around here. My one semi-surprise that may throw things a bit out of whack is Washington taking Landry as early as 6. But even if they took Okoye or Branch at 6 Landry is gone for sure at 8.. SO the rest of the picks aren't going to change much, IMO.

If this played out, it would come down to Lynch vs Branch; and I'd be VERY pissed off if we took that fat underacheiving **** Branch.

I see Miami as an interesting pick: Don't know if it will be Levi Brown or a DT but I dont see anyway they dont go line with that pick.

gr8slayer
03-21-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't care what happens, I just want Lynch.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Welll if it went down like this, I think the decision would work out in your favor a lot easier..

YOu wouldnt have to worry about them taking Okoye or Willis, they'd both be gone.

gr8slayer
03-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Welll if it went down like this, I think the decision would work out in your favor a lot easier..

YOu wouldnt have to worry about them taking Okoye or Willis, they'd both be gone.
I'd be fine with that. I would actually jump for joy.

X-Era
03-21-2007, 03:47 PM
With the Atlanta/Houston trade, I think it locks up Peterson going to Houston at 10, if he doesnt go to Cleveland at 3.. After passing on Bush last year, I think fans will lynch the FO if they pass on another potential franchise RB, one who's legendary from Texas to boot.
I'm thinking this may be the way the draft could play out, and if it happens to go exactly like this, then the Bills pick easily becomes a no-brainer.
9- Miami- Levi Brown, T

I really don't see any of these picks being a big reach.. All would fill a pretty big need and all are projected right around here. My one semi-surprise that may throw things a bit out of whack is Washington taking Landry as early as 6. But even if they took Okoye or Branch at 6 Landry is gone for sure at 8.. SO the rest of the picks aren't going to change much, IMO.

If this played out, it would come down to Lynch vs Branch; and I'd be VERY pissed off if we took that fat underacheiving **** Branch.

I see Miami as an interesting pick: Don't know if it will be Levi Brown or a DT but I dont see anyway they dont go line with that pick.

I dont think it changes much. I think Houston is taking something other than RB anyway.

B-DON
03-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Let's hope so

gr8slayer
03-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Schefter just said the Falcons are looking to move up and draft C. Johnson.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 04:05 PM
That's a lot of moving up...

They do have two seconds now as well as next year.

CJ is the f'n bomb, i'd hate to see him rot with Vick.

feelthepain
03-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Wow, I think there is way too much talent left on the board for the Bills to pick for need at 12, I just don't see it. I thnk the Bills take a CB, DT or DE in round one. That's where they'll find their best value IMO. I don't think the Bills have the luxury of drafting for need, they have way to many wholes to fill.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow, I think there is way too much talent left on the board for the Bills to pick for need at 12, I just don't see it. I thnk the Bills take a CB, DT or DE in round one. That's where they'll find their best value IMO. I don't think the Bills have the luxury of drafting for need, they have way to many wholes to fill.
That made ZERO sense.

If they have "to many holes to fill" that means they HAVE to draft for NEED, meaning they cant' have a "luxury" of taking a WR or say a RB.

YardRat
03-21-2007, 04:29 PM
I couldn't see Peterson getting past Houston before the trade anyway.

feelthepain
That's a lot of moving up...

They do have two seconds now as well as next year.

CJ is the f'n bomb, i'd hate to see him rot with Vick.

I'd trade Vick,start Scahub and draft C.Johnson. The Falcons could use the trade for Vick and replace Patrick Kerney!

SquishDaFish
Pat its senseless trying to explain anything knowledgable to him.

SquishDaFish
03-21-2007, 04:30 PM
FTP schaub is already traded.

jdbillsfan
03-21-2007, 04:35 PM
9- Miami- Levi Brown, T

I would put Peterson at 3. I can't see the Browns passing on Peterson for Joe Thomas.

TigerJ
03-21-2007, 04:36 PM

If Pat's projection of the top twelve works out as he expects, Alan Branch is the only DT rated a value at that point. I think there's some question about his fit in the Tampa 2 even if he were not a notorious underachiever. The only DE who would be a reasonable value at 12 is Carriker. He might be solid as an LDE in our system, but he's a better fit as a RDE in a 3-4 defense. I think Lynch is probably as good a value as any CB in the draft.

feelthepain
03-21-2007, 04:41 PM
That made ZERO sense.

If they have "to many holes to fill" that means they HAVE to draft for NEED, meaning they cant' have a "luxury" of taking a WR or say a RB.

No, when you have needs, you fill those needs with the position that's weakest and toughest to fill with talent. Plus you have to understand what's going to be avalible when you draft. The best RB in this years draft donsn't haold a candle to the best CB or DT or DE that will still be on the board when the Bill select. A.Peterson has huge injury concerns, but is easly more talented then Lynch. It's tougher to find a DE, DT or CB with lots of talent then it is to find a RB with talent. The Bills don't need a RB as mcuh as they need a DE,DT or CB. Your D is your weakest, namely the front seven. The Bills can't afford to pass on the talent that will be sitting there when they draft just so the fans will be happy with a RB. The Bills aren't going to be an offensive machine even if they add Peterson, they need to stop teams. Your D needs more help then your O, and if the Bills don't take a D player the talent drops off come round two. You won't find a player in round 2 like you will in round one that will make as much of an impact that the Bills desperatly need.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 04:43 PM
I couldn't see Peterson getting past Houston before the trade anyway.
I thought that too.. But then I remember, they just resigned Dayne, who had a good year for them.

Thats Ahman Green AND Dayne in their backfield.. you still see them taking AP for sure too? They got a lot of holes. they'd have to seriously consider Branch, Brown, or especially Landry.

feelthepain
03-21-2007, 04:45 PM

Well they've agreed in principle. So the Deals not done yet. But that wasn't the point. I just think the Atalanta Falcons are fools for keeping Vick, if he was going to be anything special....as a QB!!! He would have shown it by now.

justasportsfan
03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
I just don't see it. I thnk the Bills take a CB, DT or DE in round one.

DE? haha!

justasportsfan
03-21-2007, 04:51 PM
:roflmao:

HHURRICANE
03-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Where's Carr going? I have been in meetings all day.

patmoran2006
03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
NO clue........He's obviously not going to be starting after giving up all that they did.

My guess.. Oakland (if the Raiders want CJ) or maybe Minnesota?

feelthepain
03-21-2007, 05:23 PM
This Schaub trade could help Miami land Quinn. If the Texans don't want Carr he could be traded to a team that needs a QB. We'll see.

The Answer
03-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Schefter just said the Falcons are looking to move up and draft C. Johnson.

Too bad they don't have a QB to get him the ball though.

~The Answer