PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade a 6th or 7th round pick...

alohabillsfan
03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
for David Carr??? We would be responsible for his base salary not any bonuses... I think it would be worth it, showcase him in the preseason (which I think he would perform well) and you could trade him as soon as a starter goes down. Anyways what do you guys think?

Bert102176
03-21-2007, 07:46 PM
no just wait for them to release him

YardRat
03-21-2007, 07:51 PM
No. I'd rather use that 6th or 7th to replace Holcomb.

don137
03-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Salary way too high for a backup plus I rather see our money spent elsewhere

casdhf
03-21-2007, 08:01 PM
He's going to want to start somewhere ... we don't need it. I bet the Mike Martz would love to get his hands on that guy.

SABURZFAN
03-21-2007, 08:40 PM
i'd rather save the 6th or 7th and draft a QB.

TigerJ
03-21-2007, 08:51 PM
He's going to want to start somewhere ... we don't need it. I bet the Mike Martz would love to get his hands on that guy.

Yeah, Detroit could be a good fit, unless Detroit has their sights set on Brady Quinn in the draft.

gr8slayer
03-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Flock no.

Ickybaluky
03-21-2007, 10:16 PM
for David Carr??? We would be responsible for his base salary not any bonuses... I think it would be worth it, showcase him in the preseason (which I think he would perform well) and you could trade him as soon as a starter goes down. Anyways what do you guys think?

2007 Salary: $6.75M

2008 Salary: $6M (Escalators can push that higher)

That seems high for a backup, no?

Carr is a good reclamation project for someone out there, but he is going to have to re-do his contract to facilitate a deal or he is just going to be released.

clumping platelets
03-21-2007, 10:16 PM
:no:

kgun12
03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Even if you take away any and all money issues, I say no. The last thing this team needs is a Mullet/Johnson controversy. JP is coming along nicely and it would be a bad situation for both QB's. I think Carr is a good QB and needs to go somewhere and start!

lightningbolt444
03-21-2007, 11:20 PM
the way i see it carr will wind up in oakland after they realize they cant get rodgers. Then the raiders will draft calvin johnson, imagine moss and a johnson on the same team no way schaub could mess that up especially if they then draft peterson or lynch

McBFLO
03-22-2007, 12:07 AM
the way i see it carr will wind up in oakland after they realize they cant get rodgers. Then the raiders will draft calvin johnson, imagine moss and a johnson on the same team no way schaub could mess that up especially if they then draft peterson or lynch
what are you talking about?

lightningbolt444
03-22-2007, 12:26 AM
carr for moss hou throw in another pick raiders draft calvin johnson ok now follow me on this one the texans have randy moss and andre johnson as there wide outs just throwing it out there because i have heard rumors that russell doesnt want to play for the raiders and plus its al davis for all we know hes plaining on taking joe thomas with the 1st pick in the draft with the raiders all im saying is anything is possible

gr8slayer
03-22-2007, 12:28 AM
He'll end up with the Dolphins with the rest of the washed up nobodies.

LtFinFan66
03-22-2007, 02:01 AM
carr for moss hou throw in another pick raiders draft calvin johnson ok now follow me on this one the texans have randy moss and andre johnson as there wide outs just throwing it out there because i have heard rumors that russell doesnt want to play for the raiders and plus its al davis for all we know hes plaining on taking joe thomas with the 1st pick in the draft with the raiders all im saying is anything is possibleFollow me Einstein...you said there was no way Schaub could even mess that up. He is in Houston last time I checked. What would he have to do with the Raiders receivers:shakeno:

LtFinFan66
03-22-2007, 02:03 AM
carr for moss hou throw in another pick raiders draft calvin johnson ok now follow me on this one the texans have randy moss and andre johnson as there wide outs just throwing it out there because i have heard rumors that russell doesnt want to play for the raiders and plus its al davis for all we know hes plaining on taking joe thomas with the 1st pick in the draft with the raiders all im saying is anything is possibleWas there a Randy Moss trade we don't know about??

lightningbolt444
03-22-2007, 02:09 AM
no im just saying its a scenario

LtFinFan66
03-22-2007, 02:12 AM
oh.,ok

lightningbolt444
03-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Follow me Einstein...you said there was no way Schaub could even mess that up. He is in Houston last time I checked. What would he have to do with the Raiders receivers:shakeno:

ok its a scenario one and two last time i checked IF and only if this happend Randy Moss and Andre Johnson would be on the Texans yes that team that is Houston with Schuab throwing to them so how could any qb mess that up look at my original post its says after the trade the raiders draft calvin johnson, then ANDRE johnson and Randy moss are on the texans so schuab cant screw that up and it then goes on to say and if they draft peterson / lynch they would be unstoppable

LtFinFan66
03-22-2007, 02:15 AM
I missed the carr for moss part. sorry

lightningbolt444
03-22-2007, 02:19 AM
everyone makes mistakes i know i should have written andre in the first post as well not just a