PDA

View Full Version : Willis won't be there and I don't see the Bills taking Lynch....

HHURRICANE
03-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Willis is going to be a 49er and I don't see the Bills taking Lynch. Since we always end up doing something that nobody suspects I actually believe that the Bills are going to take Okoye.

He is such a Marv kind of player that I think when it's all said and done that's the way we go.

Mitchy moo
03-21-2007, 07:30 PM
It's a good time to have a top 15 picks, lots of difference makers in there.

Bert102176
03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Willis is going to be a 49er and I don't see the Bills taking Lynch. Since we always end up doing something that nobody suspects I actually believe that the Bills are going to take Okoye.

He is such a Marv kind of player that I think when it's all said and done that's the way we go.

god I hope not

HAMMER
03-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't see Lynch either but who knows. I would like to trade back, take Meacham or Bowe and acquire another first day pick in the process.

YardRat
03-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Darrelle Revis. Surprise!!!

alohabillsfan
03-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Okoye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He is my first pick... Then again like we said last year with Bunkley and Ngata, so who the hell knows, Marv and Co did pretty good last year so I believe that with more time to get ready for FA and the Draft look the hell out NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't Panic
03-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Is Okoye going to be there? I think he's gone by then.

TacklingDummy
03-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Why would the Bills use another 1st round pick on a DT? Why not give McCargo a chance before writing him off.

I hope Marv picks a WR.

alohabillsfan
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Why would the Bills use another 1st round pick on a DT? Why not give McCargo a chance before writing him off.

I hope Marv picks a WR.

IMO Okoye will grow into the 1 tech we need and will rotate with K. Williams.
Tripplett and Mcargo will rotate, this defense relies on the front 4 and the DT's need to rotate, Anderson is not the answer. I am by nk means writing off McCargo only Anderson.

Okoye makes the LB and DB's better! Just like Dockery and Walker should make JP, the RB's, TE's and WR's better.

We do need depth at MLB (Round 3) and WLB (Round4) Round 2 RB, Round 3 CB!

Now if Okoye is gone and Willis is there the Take him! Then gamble on DT M. Thomas with the Ravens pick!

ShadowHawk7
03-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Okoye will rotate w/ Williams as McCargo does w/ Tripplett so it's not a bad idea at all. I'd still rather have Willis or Peterson though.

SquishDaFish
03-21-2007, 09:13 PM

I hope Marv picks a WR.

You dont want another DT seeing we have decent bodies there but you want another WR LMAO. We have NEEDS at RB,LB,CB not WR.

HHURRICANE
03-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I hope Marv picks a WR.

This is funny coming from a guy who doesn't think we have a QB!!

patmoran2006
03-22-2007, 05:35 AM
Darrelle Revis. Surprise!!!
The MODS will be putting me in a 'timeout' if that happens... and there's a couple people on here who would sacrifice the Bills being ridiculed by making the pick in order for that to happen.

Night Train
03-22-2007, 05:44 AM
One things for sure. I will not log onto here during Draft weekend, where drama queens will be tripping over each other, screaming for attention. I see too many posters becoming polarized with one or two players.

Let the entire draft finish and review the entire body of it with a clear head on Monday or Tuesday.

X-Era
03-22-2007, 05:49 AM

If its Willis, Lynch, or Okoye. Im fine with it.

I dont think we can predict anything.

Willis is picked to drop to us based on size/strength not his lack of speed. He fits the part, but he looks thin, its could be viewed as a worry for teams that want beasts that stack up against the leagues best blockers and RB's.

Lynch could easily be the pick due to him being the most likely workhorse of the RB bunch. Hes the guy most likely to step in day one and get 1000+ yards. Is he the guy who will get 2000 day one? No. Could Peterson be? maybe. Im sure the Bills know that there is only 2 RB's worthy of a 1st round pick, and Im sure they also know that Lynch is the more durable of the two. He could easily be our pick.

Okoye has all the things you look for except for experience. Teams may shy away from raw talent that high. But he easily could be a player that the Bills want to draft.

Its a crapshoot and we are just gonna have to wait and see what they do.

alohabillsfan
03-22-2007, 05:51 AM
One things for sure. I will not log onto here during Draft weekend, where drama queens will be tripping over each other, screaming for attention. I see too many posters becoming polarized with one or two players.

Let the entire draft finish and review the entire body of it with a clear head on Monday or Tuesday.

Come on NT I log on for the drama!

Jan Reimers
03-22-2007, 05:56 AM
I would be relatively happy with Okoye, Willis or Lynch, because they all appear to be very good players who fill a real need. I would be less thrilled with a CB, because we need help at RB, LB and DT more.

But I also know that Marv and his staff don't care what any of us think, and are far more knowledgable than any of us.

Call me a homer, but I will support whomever they draft, and will be anxious to see how our picks perform on the field. It always takes 2 or 3 years to even begin to judge a draft.

X-Era
03-22-2007, 05:58 AM

Gotta agree...it would be great to re-live a series of posts, like the last years draft posts, so we can see first hand how ridiculous we all can get.

I may be one of the hugest draft fans here, but I hope that Ive learned through the years that I rarely am lucky enough to get more than one of "my" guys.

The only time I get really worked up is when they need a position that I think needs to be a high rounder for the best chance of instant success and they skip it till way later. But, so what, I dont own the team.

If your a draft fan, who likes the trades, intrigue, and suprisingly good and bad picks...its fun. But if you go into it thinking we MUST draft this guy or that guy here or there, you will be one disappointed and angry dude.

X-Era
03-22-2007, 06:04 AM
I would be relatively happy with Okoye, Willis or Lynch, because they all appear to be very good players who fill a real need. I would be less thrilled with a CB, because we need help at RB, LB and DT more.

But I also know that Marv and his staff don't care what any of us think, and are far more knowledgable than any of us.

Call me a homer, but I will support whomever they draft, and will be anxious to see how our picks perform on the field. It always takes 2 or 3 years to even begin to judge a draft.

OK, your a homer :homer: . But that makes me Maggie :maggie:......or something.

Thats absolutely it. Id be less thrilled about a CB too only because I think we spent a fairly high pick on a CB who was rated highly. Id like us to give him a chance. I cant even argue that we always need CB's, we resigned Thomas and Greer.

madness
03-22-2007, 09:08 AM
We're still short a DT. If Okoye is there we better jump all over that. The only CB worth at 12 is Hall and I don't want him at all. I've seen to many games where he got burned when Michigan couldn't generate the usual pressure. If not Okoye, I'd be happy with Lynch.

Leon Hall -
Negatives: Not the classic burner at cornerback … Estimated at a 4.50-second 40-yard dash by NFL scouts entering his senior season … Has been surrounded by a great deal of talent throughout his career, not the least of which is a terrific pass rush.

Saratoga Slim
03-22-2007, 10:17 AM
We're still short a DT. If Okoye is there we better jump all over that. The only CB worth at 12 is Hall and I don't want him at all. I've seen to many games where he got burned when Michigan couldn't generate the usual pressure. If not Okoye, I'd be happy with Lynch.

Leon Hall -
Negatives: Not the classic burner at cornerback … Estimated at a 4.50-second 40-yard dash by NFL scouts entering his senior season … Has been surrounded by a great deal of talent throughout his career, not the least of which is a terrific pass rush.

He did better than 4.5 at the combines. I think I remember 4.39. But I likewise do not want to see us take a CB at 12, whether its Leon Hall or Deion Sanders.

Okoye remains my top dog, followed by Willis, Lynch, maybe Carriker (if he can play DT) and trading down. Peterson would be at the head of the class, but I don't think he's a realistic possibility