PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner

kgun12
03-22-2007, 04:28 AM
OK I read lot of post here *****ing about time warner. Time to take some action!!!

Here is what I did, you should to!

I emailed them and told them I would give them until The start of the NFL regular season to get the NFL channel or I was switching to Direct TV. They emailed back and said they were trying to work Out a deal that would be cost efective to them and there customers. I wrote back and said that it was all well and good but you have til the atart of the season. If everyone wrote them with the same message maybe they would get on the stick! I told them I belonged to this site and would ralley the troops! Start writing floks!!!

Night Train
03-22-2007, 04:31 AM
Just make the switch. I haven't had cable since 1993.

Remember the Primestar Dish ? My first.

LtFinFan66
03-22-2007, 04:37 AM
I already have DirecTv....do you think my threat would help?

clumping platelets
03-22-2007, 05:37 AM
:idunno:

X-Era
03-22-2007, 05:52 AM
OK I read lot of post here *****ing about time warner. Time to take some action!!!

I emailed them and told them I would give them until The start of the NFL regular season to get the NFL channel or I was switching to Direct TV. They emailed back and said they were trying to work Out a deal that would be cost efective to them and there customers. I wrote back and said that it was all well and good but you have til the atart of the season. If everyone wrote them with the same message maybe they would get on the stick! I told them I belonged to this site and would ralley the troops! Start writing floks!!!

No interest, I prefer Directv in every single way possible. Its better in all ways. Hopefully, the cable companies will go the way of the Dodo bird and blame themselves for sticking it to their customers for so many years.

BlackMetalNinja
03-22-2007, 06:58 AM

It's as much the NFL's fault that they don't carry it as it is their own. The NFL demands an insane amount of money for them to be able to carry it.

OpIv37
03-22-2007, 07:10 AM
It's as much the NFL's fault that they don't carry it as it is their own. The NFL demands an insane amount of money for them to be able to carry it.

I'm not sure I completely buy that. If that's the case, why can Cox, Comcast, DirecTV, Dish Network, etc carry it without a problem?

The Spaz
03-22-2007, 07:23 AM
I will be switchign to directtv shortly, even though it is becoming a monoply. Right now MLB and cable are fighting because Directtv want to buy the MLB ticket and take it from cable just like they did with the NFL ticket.

BlackMetalNinja
03-22-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm not sure I completely buy that. If that's the case, why can Cox, Comcast, DirecTV, Dish Network, etc carry it without a problem?

I don't really know, but I hate the whole Dish vs. Cable exclusiveness fight thing that is going on right now. Some people have no choice in the matter and are stuck with one without the option of the other, so it blows in that case.

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2007, 07:57 AM
I would but the NFL network stinks so I don't really care.

RockStar36
03-22-2007, 07:59 AM
I don't really know, but I hate the whole Dish vs. Cable exclusiveness fight thing that is going on right now. Some people have no choice in the matter and are stuck with one without the option of the other, so it blows in that case.

Like me. I can't get Dish even if I wanted to.

But I think it is equally the fault of the NFL and Time Warner. Both of them need to shut up and get this thing resolved.

The Spaz
03-22-2007, 08:00 AM
I would but the NFL network stinks so I don't really care.

Actualy it doesn't.

Bulldog

Been there and done that, and I currently have Dish Network. So that should tell you how far I got with them. Time Warner can kiss my ass. I just love all the excuses they have for raising the rates as much as they do. So glad I don't have to deal with them any more. For those of you in the Rochester market, check out Frontier's all in one package. I have phone w/unlimited long distance, DSL, Dish top 120 and my bill is around $95.00 a month. Pretty good deal.

THATHURMANATOR
Guys what is the big deal about the NFL network. They show the same crap over and over again. They have like 1 live show a day and then replay that over and over again.

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Been there and done that, and I currently have Dish Network. So that should tell you how far I got with them. Time Warner can kiss my ass. I just love all the excuses they have for raising the rates as much as they do. So glad I don't have to deal with them any more. Fo rhtose of you in the Rochester market, check out Frontier's all in one package. I have phone w/unlimited long distance, DSL, Dish top 120 and my bill is around $95.00 a month. Pretty good deal.
Is this deal in Buffalo?

Bulldog
03-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Is this deal in Buffalo?

No. Frontier is only in the Rochester market. Also, let me clarify something. I signed up when they were offering free dish for a year. So it will actually be around $130 when the promotion ends. Still not a bad deal, and best of all, I don't have to deal with Time Warner.

Michael82
03-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Guys what is the big deal about the NFL network. They show the same crap over and over again. They have like 1 live show a day and then replay that over and over again.
I agree. I watch it online sometime and I find myself bored. It's the same crap everyday. :ill:

Michael82
03-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Been there and done that, and I currently have Dish Network. So that should tell you how far I got with them. Time Warner can kiss my ass. I just love all the excuses they have for raising the rates as much as they do. So glad I don't have to deal with them any more. For those of you in the Rochester market, check out Frontier's all in one package. I have phone w/unlimited long distance, DSL, Dish top 120 and my bill is around $95.00 a month. Pretty good deal.
Frontier's internet service doesn't come close to Road Runner. :shakeno:

gr8slayer
03-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I already have DirecTV and there's no way I would ever switch to anything else.

RockStar36
03-22-2007, 10:30 AM
That's alright. I'm getting the last laugh on Time Warner now, haha.

Jeff1220
03-22-2007, 10:35 AM
NFLN has some great program, but can become very repetitious at times. The NFL films programming like "In Their Own Words" and "America's Game" is excellent. NFLTA is usually better than Sportscenter without the luxery of other sports to talk about. Schefter and Mayock are two of the best at what they do. During the season, "7 Days 'til Sunday" is awesome. The game analysis shows are very good. Their coverage of the combine and other offseason events is unmatched. Need I go on.

Bulldog
03-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Frontier's internet service doesn't come close to Road Runner. :shakeno:

Please. Try using the all wonderful Road Runner during peak hours. Thats the big difference. While you share "space" with other RR customers, DSL allows you to have your own dedicated line, thus no slow down during the peak hours. I don't understand why so many people think Road Runner is so great. I've had DSL for many years and you couldn't pay me enough to switch.

kgun12
03-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Please. Try using the all wonderful Road Runner during peak hours. Thats the big difference. While you share "space" with other RR customers, DSL allows you to have your own dedicated line, thus no slow down during the peak hours. I don't understand why so many people think Road Runner is so great. I've had DSL for many years and you couldn't pay me enough to switch.

What time do you consider peak? Maybe I'm not on during it, but I haven't noticed a slower time!

Michael82
03-22-2007, 02:01 PM
What time do you consider peak? Maybe I'm not on during it, but I haven't noticed a slower time!
Exactly! :up:

Bulldog
03-22-2007, 02:31 PM
6-10 PM. Why is it that you both think RR is so great? What benefits does it have over DSL? Just curious to see what you think.

Meathead
03-22-2007, 02:50 PM
i miss empire sports a lot more than i miss nfl network which is almost not at all

kgun12
03-22-2007, 03:32 PM
6-10 PM. Why is it that you both think RR is so great? What benefits does it have over DSL? Just curious to see what you think.

Where in my post is the word great? All I asked was:

"What time do you consider peak? Maybe I'm not on during it, but I haven't noticed a slower time!

As far as Frontier is concerned I had them, the reasons I probably wouldn't go back to them is that use have to sign a contract and pay for service calls. When I had them I had 2 new phone line installed. They charged me almost $300 buck. When I moved into this house there wasn't any cable when Time warner installed the cable all over the house the service cost me nothing!

BTW I'm not usaually on between 6-10, but my wife is and she doesn't notice any slow down!

BlackMetalNinja
03-22-2007, 03:35 PM

I have Road Runner, and have had for 2 years now... I've never had an issue with speed, and I use it at all hours of the day. My father has Verizon DSL, and the difference in speed between his connection and mine is very noticeable to me. Granted it's nowhere near as bad as when he had dialup, but it's clearly much slower than RR is.

Bert102176
03-22-2007, 04:02 PM
hey Lt Finn Fan would appreciate it

radilan
03-22-2007, 06:38 PM
I have TX/CATV here in Carolina and I am switching to Direct TV next week because of this. &*() them
Besides Direct TV is cheaper

Michael82
03-22-2007, 10:00 PM
I've used Road Runner all my life and have never had any problems. I've also used Verizon DSL and Frontier at friend's houses and notice a big difference. They are nowhere near as fast. One of my buddies got rid of Frontier Lightning Link because he said it's too damn slow and was shocked at how fast Road Runner is. Also, Time Warner just recent upgraded their service for RR and it's much faster.

Michael82
03-22-2007, 10:02 PM
I have TX/CATV here in Carolina and I am switching to Direct TV next week because of this. &*() them
Besides Direct TV is cheaper
for now. With DirecTV taking over all these things and paying the ridiculous prices to MLB and the NFL for the packages, don't be surprised to see their rates skyrocket within the next few years. They are the best prices around for now, but there's no way that will last if they keep doling out all that cash and being a huge monopoly. :ill:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Don't get me wrong....I kinda hate Time Warner too....but here's why I have cable instead of dish.

1) I have 6 TVs hooked up. I can watch 6 different shows (more if I wanted to split signal again) at one time without worry. No, it doesn't happen that often, but sometimes on a rainy Sunday afternoon my kids can't agree on something to watch, and neither can my wife and I, so yes it happens that I like having the ability to have all these TVs running even if it is rare. Plus it doesn't cost me anything extra.

2) MSG. It's standard on the typical package with Time Warner. So I can watch Sabres games from anywhere in the house.

3)Road runner is cheaper in my area than the DSL tier that compares to it.
I can't say I have ever seen it slow down, but maybe I just don't notice it.

4) I get all the local channels in my area. For where I am that consists of two different Network sources (important in my area for more accurate weather info),
a local news channel and other Buffalo channels which you can't get on dish.

If someone has counter arguments here, I would be happy to consider switching.

But NFL network is just not enough of a motivator given the other factors.