• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Bills shouldn't veto Louisville back Bush

The Buffalo Bills need a top-notch running back, and Michael Bush needs a team to take a chance on him. Might he be the second coming of Thurman Thomas? Probably not, but he could at least be a nice complement to Anthony "A-Train" Thomas.

Bush had the look of a first-team All-American and future top-10 NFL draft pick when his Louisville Cardinals kicked off the 2006 season. The year before, he had rushed for 1,183 yards and led the nation with 23 touchdowns.
    But after scoring three TDs in the 2006 opener against Kentucky, he suffered a broken leg in the second half, ending his season. He then opted to enter the 2007 NFL draft.
    Bush is big (6-foot-2, 250 pounds), strong and fast with a nose for the end zone. Unlike Thurman Thomas, he is not a good blocker, and he had more surgery on his broken leg Tuesday. A rod was inserted into his leg to hasten the healing process. He's expected to be ready to play this NFL season.
    The Bills took a chance on a running back coming off a knee injury in the 1988 draft, and Thurman Thomas went on to become the most productive No. 40 overall pick in NFL history. Assuming Buffalo doesn't get a chance to pick Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson and decides to pass on California running back Marshawn Lynch with the No. 12 overall pick, Bush might be worth a shot in the second round and definitely would be worth the risk in the third round.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills shouldn't veto Louisville back Bush

Multiple, immediate needs and Bob Matthews thinks a 2nd round flyer on a guy with serious medical questions is a good idea.

Dear Bob. Retire.
    Sincerely, Earth.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

I think the only way we take a chance on him is in the 3rd round, if he is there. I still like Pittman.

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
        I think the only way we take a chance on him is in the 3rd round, if he is there. I still like Pittman.
        How bout the 6th round?
        Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
          Multiple, immediate needs and Bob Matthews thinks a 2nd round flyer on a guy with serious medical questions is a good idea.

Dear Bob. Retire.
          Sincerely, Earth.
          A broken leg isnt a serious medical question IMO. Crowell is back from one.

They heal, and they heal stronger than when they broke. The issue is that the break wasnt very clean, meaning needed additional work to mend right.

Its a more-time-needed-to-heal thing, not a will-never-be-the-same-thing. This isnt McGahee part deux, the injuries arent even close to being the same.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

You don't draft him first day for sure. For the most part you draft a guy on the first day to help immediately. Also he may not be healed up to participate in training camp.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
              A broken leg isnt a serious medical question IMO. Crowell is back from one.

They heal, and they heal stronger than when they broke. The issue is that the break wasnt very clean, meaning needed additional work to mend right.

Its a more-time-needed-to-heal thing, not a will-never-be-the-same-thing. This isnt McGahee part deux, the injuries arent even close to being the same.
              Dude he's a running back, he's needed two surgeries to fix his leg.He's as good as done, and shouldn't be draft till day two if he is drafted at all. Lets just draft a healthy running back and move on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Id pass on him
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i guess we should cut crowell too.. he is a linebacker.. he needs his legs.. he will never be the same.

lets cut spikes, ditch crowell, and screw drafting bush.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i guess we should cut crowell too.. he is a linebacker.. he needs his legs.. he will never be the same.

As far as I know Crowell is ok. Bush has just had surgery and who knows when he'll be ready. I'm just saying I wouldn't draft him on day 1.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

If you draft bush he'd go on the pup list, because he wouldn't be ready for months according to every article i read about it. I was fine with drafting him in the second round, but when a break that occurs in october is not healing right this kid is in for a long recovery. Beside Crowell's leg was close to healed by the end of last year.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

a broken bone is a broken bone..

i am sorry, but they can fix it.

he is still worth a pick. i would not avoid him completely.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

What good reason can you give for Bush? His bones arent healing properly, how can you sit here and advocate drafting him? McGahee's knee was healing properly when we took him. There is no telling if this is Bush's last surgery or if this new rod will work where the old one didnt. This guy is a bigger question mark at this moment then McGahee. We knew McGahee's knee was going to get back to the point where he could play on it, nobody can say that about Bush's leg yet till we see if this new rod will work. Till then I wouldnt touch him, and even then Ive never liked his style of running.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

A broken bone that is not healing right? Im sorry but your severly downsizing the seriousness of this ailment. His bone is not all growing back, there is hope that this new rod will fix that but no guarantees till 2 months from now. I cant advocate wasting a pick in one of our biggest drafts in our recent history on a prayer and whim.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

Tell that to Edwards "former new england rb" when he broke his leg playing football in the sand during the pro bowl. Besides a brief comeback it ended his NFL career. A broken bone is a broken bone is gross over simplification. He may be done. If he's drafted it won't be with a first day pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X