PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone share my hatred for

camelcowboy
03-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Leon Hall - Anyone tell me if im over reacting but im sick of seeing all these mocks saying he's the bills pick. He's a below average corner in my opinion who gets burnt when the games matter the most. I really think i hate Leon hall.

Alan Branch- can't stand him as well, fat lazy slob who is non who disapears long stretches game day. Overated.

Quinn Pitcock- Garbage, horrible, I like Tim Anderson better.

Ted Ginn- Sure he's fast, but if he's not running a go route, or returning kicks he's overated. Not good with routes. Reminds me of Northcutt, and Andre Davis.

Anythoughts?

gr8slayer
03-22-2007, 11:07 AM
NO FLIPPIN DEFENSIVE PLAYERS IN THE FIRST ROUND UNLESS IT'S WILLIS

camelcowboy
03-22-2007, 11:08 AM
I agree, maybe i'd add Okoye.

patmoran2006
03-22-2007, 11:10 AM
I hate all of them.. especially Hall at 12.

Mr. Miyagi
Willis or Okoye I'm okay with. I don't want any DBs on the first day, especially after taking 3 in 4 rounds last year.

gr8slayer
I agree, maybe i'd add Okoye.
NO, we drafted McCargo in the first last year. I don't want to draft another damn DT in the first this year.

camelcowboy
03-22-2007, 11:15 AM
NO, we drafted McCargo in the first last year. I don't want to draft another damn DT in the first this year.

The kids going to be good, so i wouldn't be pissed if we drafted him. Do i want them too? No, i hope they lean towards running back myself. But Okoye would be our starter and then hopefully mccargo would beat out Tripplett, who is no better imo then a rotational player.

Night Train
03-22-2007, 11:19 AM

McCargo plays the 3 gap, on the outside shoulder on the Guard.( rotates with Tripplett ).

Okoye plays the 1 Gap, off the shoulder of the Center. At present that is Kyle (too small) Williams and Tim (temporary roster spot) Anderson.

TigerJ
03-22-2007, 11:21 AM
I can't go on personal observation for most college players. I just don't watch enough college ball. I'm not very enthused about Hall as a first round pick mostly because the Bills picked Youboty last year as a future starter. Granted circumstances made last season a virtual waste as far as the fans evaluating whether or not Youboty could play, but unless the Bills come out and say they don't think he can play, I think I want them to strategize in the draft as if he can. As far as the rest in your list, camel, I don't think it's likely the Bills are interested in any of them.

Right now, I'd say the Bills are looking at Peterson, Lynch, Willis, and Okoye. The odds are Peterson and Okoye are gone, though that is not a lock. The odds are good that both Willis and Lynch will still be on the board.

don137
03-22-2007, 11:24 AM
I have no problem with defense in round one if its Okoye or Willis at #12 (even though I truly believe they won't draft Willis). I prefer them trading down around 6 spots for an extra second round pick. Then there are a lot more options available that you can justify going DB or OLB (Timmons or Poluszny) especially with 2 second round and 2 third round picks to fill the other needs.

lightningbolt444
03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
i share your hatred for sure. also if we go lb in the first why not go after justin blalock from texas in the second if hes still there i know we dont "need" another olinemen but he very versitile and hes an extremly athletic big man and the quality of runningbacks that you can get in the second round doesnt really change that much if you wait till the third round this year. i just hope if we dont take lynch or peterson we dont take a cb would be a huge mistake even more so if it was leon hall

madness
03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Leon Hall - Anyone tell me if im over reacting but im sick of seeing all these mocks saying he's the bills pick. He's a below average corner in my opinion who gets burnt when the games matter the most. I really think i hate Leon hall.

Alan Branch- can't stand him as well, fat lazy slob who is non who disapears long stretches game day. Overated.

I watched almost every Michigan game and I was not overly impressed with either of them. Of course they could come back to haunt me like that no good for nothing ***** of a QB in NE. ****ing scumbag piece of **** couldn't play like that in college, could he?

Don't Panic
03-22-2007, 12:25 PM
I have no problem with defense in round one if its Okoye or Willis at #12 (even though I truly believe they won't draft Willis). I prefer them trading down around 6 spots for an extra second round pick. Then there are a lot more options available that you can justify going DB or OLB (Timmons or Poluszny) especially with 2 second round and 2 third round picks to fill the other needs.

I like everything you said except Pos... while the guy is a warrior, he does not fit the scheme. Trade down for an extra 2nd and get Timmons would be great. That's FIVE first day picks. We would be in great shape for the third year of the Levy era.

Patrick76777
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM

Quinn Pitcock- Garbage, horrible, I like Tim Anderson better.

Ted Ginn- Sure he's fast, but if he's not running a go route, or returning kicks he's overated. Not good with routes. Reminds me of Northcutt, and Andre Davis.

Anythoughts?

Um, I do have a thought!

Maybe it's time to take a football break! Maybe?

Devin
03-22-2007, 12:33 PM
McCargo plays the 3 gap, on the outside shoulder on the Guard.( rotates with Tripplett ).

Okoye plays the 1 Gap, off the shoulder of the Center. At present that is Kyle (too small) Williams and Tim (temporary roster spot) Anderson.

How many times have I told you to keep facts out this argument.

We need a RB whose often injured, or maybe one that doesnt show up in big games more then a young stud DT.

Damn you.

Honestly I hope Marv trades down, but if he stays put my first choice would be Willis. If Okoye is there absolutley. I wouldnt be dissapointed with a RB, but given next years class.....unlike most Bills fans im content to wait.

Course if you listen to pats "blog" we may have a shot at McFadden #1 overall. Why draft a RB this year.

camelcowboy
03-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Um, I do have a thought!

Maybe it's time to take a football break! Maybe?

Yeah im pretty burnt,

Patrick76777
03-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah im pretty burnt,

I can tell.

I still love the Bills, but I'm not as invested in it anymore.

Don't get too worked up bro.

patmoran2006
03-22-2007, 03:39 PM

We need a RB whose often injured, or maybe one that doesnt show up in big games more then a young stud DT.

Damn you.

Honestly I hope Marv trades down, but if he stays put my first choice would be Willis. If Okoye is there absolutley. I wouldnt be dissapointed with a RB, but given next years class.....unlike most Bills fans im content to wait.

Course if you listen to pats "blog" we may have a shot at McFadden #1 overall. Why draft a RB this year.
Wrong.. I never said we're the worst team in the NFL.. I said we ride the "merry go round" of mediocrity. We wont have the first pick next year.. We'll get our customary 8th-14th selection.

As far as a potential deadly Okoye/McCargo DT tandem.. Let me be the first to congratulate Marv Levy on that brilliant $18 million dollar rotational/1-yr starter signing of Larry Tripplett...Great investment.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Leon Hall is a very solid player. You see the Bills taking him in mocks because that is the position they lost earlier. Most of these mock guys look at Clements leaving and the Bills need to replace him. Now you see a lot of mocks changing to RB.

As far as Hall. He had a good year up until the Ohio State game. At that point it wasn't only him that fell off. Michigan's front four couldn't get any kind of push and there was little pressure on the QB. Add that to the fact that the two receivers that got him might possibly be two 1st round picks in this years draft.

He is a pretty good college corner and should be a good corner in the nfl. He doesn't have the speed you covet, but isn't slow, he is pretty sound with everything else. He might actually be better suited as a safety, but who knows.

Night Train
03-23-2007, 05:54 AM

If the Bills wish to compete, they must shore up the run D, which seems much harder to me than finding a RB.

We have a serious hole at the 1 Gap DT position and I'm wondering if Crowell is actually the final answer at MLB ? The completed draft will answer many questions, I'm certain.

It's the time of year where some folks become polarized with 1 or 2 names and just won't budge. I have serious reservations about Peterson (durability) and Lynch (reported spinal condition and off-field idiot) . I also trust the Bills know 20 times more about these guys than I ever will and will choose the guy they are confident in. If Lynch is selected, I'm fine with it, due to my faith in the Bills doing their homework.

But Lynch, Peterson or anyone else isn't going to run much beyond the 2nd quarter if our D is getting run over again and we're down by 14. Might as well leave Shaud Williams in to catch dump passes at that point.

LtFinFan66
03-23-2007, 06:00 AM
I will add my thoughts on the two mentioned Buckeyes.

Pitcock: Was solid for the Buckeyes but think he will be no more than a reserve player in the NFL.

Ginn: Add slants to his good routes. He is still learning the WR position so he will only get better. #12 would possibly be a little high for him. Remember he played QB and was all-state as a CB in high school.

Night Train
03-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Ginn: Add slants to his good routes. He is still learning the WR position so he will only get better. #12 would possibly be a little high for him. Remember he played QB and was all-state as a CB in high school.

He needs route running coaching in a big way, plus he needs to hit the weight room.

Still, in addition to kick returning, he'll run slants and post patterns that will scare the hell out of opposing coaches, since he has that rare ability to just dust everyone on the field.

LtFinFan66
03-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Gonzo should have taught him