If you woke up to find out this morning that..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

If you woke up to find out this morning that..

Ralph Wilson was no longer owner of the Bills.. Whether he sold the team, decided he was too old to run it, passed away.. Whatever (use your imagination)

How many people in here would be happy about it, and how many people woudl be disgusted?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Re: If you woke up to find out this morning that..

I would be indifferent as long as the team stayed in the B-LO.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

On the ability of ownership and translating a team into a winner on the field, here's what Randy Lerner said on the subject. Which is a very very bold statement to make and shows CARE about the football product not just the pocketbook.

A: I think it's more of a make-or-break year for me. Ownership is not a birthright. It's a performance-based privilege just like anything else. If I don't perform, then why own it? The only thing I want to do is win. I don't know how to not consider losing as a threat to my job. If I don't consider it a threat to my job, then I have converted it to a birthright. And that I'm not going to do.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BAM
        I would be indifferent as long as the team stayed in the B-LO.
        Agreed, since who knows if the new owner would be worse than Ralph. However, Ralph has fought for the small market teams and I really like the fact that he has done so, because I feel like if it weren't for him and a few others, we would get screwed even more. So, it would be a wash and I would just pray the new owner wasn't planning on moving.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Assuming the team stays in Buffalo, I would be happy about it. I don't want to knock Ralph's contribution to this team or the city- he has done a lot. But he's past his prime and he's not doing well in the NFL. We need some fresh blood to win again.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Yup.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

I don't care who owns the team as long as we compete and stay in Buffalo.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

I would be really sad. the things that man has done for the western new york community are unparrelled. Ralph is the buffalo bills.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I'd be sad for a minute until I realize the revenue that could come in when they sell the naming rights for the stadium...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I'd never be happy over anyones death, even Ralphy. As much as we dislike the way he runs this team, We wouldn't be discussing this in the first place if it wasn't for him.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by venis2k1
                      I would be really sad. the things that man has done for the western new york community are unparrelled. Ralph is the buffalo bills.
                      Me too. Not just what he did for WNY but what he did for the sport itself. He practically ensured the survival of small market teams by himself. Any Buffalo Bill fan who'd be happy he died is a selfish ***** that deserved to be ***** smacked continuously until they cry like the little ignorant girl that they are.

Comment

• venis2k1
                        Youboty can hope
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        I'd be sad for a minute until I realize the revenue that could come in when they sell the naming rights for the stadium...
                        i think people overestimate how much money the naming rights to a stadium are worth. there have been some good deals done, but they are all in big markets.

Reliant Stadium(houston) 300 million 30 year deal(10 mil a season)
                        Gillette Stadium(NE) 120 million 15 years
                        Lincoln Financial Field (philly) $139.6 million over 20 years.

however if you look at all the small market teams. Cincy, Cleveland, GB, Buffalo, Minnesota. none of them sold their naming rights. Must be a reason for this? infact, the Jacksonville Jaguars are the only small market team to sell their naming rights, Alltel stadium for a 6.2 million dollar deal over 10 years. $620,000 per year. that wouldnt even cover Jason Whittles signing bonus. no thanks.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

I think there are people who don't care if he lives or dies. Which is a shame.

When (if???) he dies, there is a good chance this team is gone.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

back up a second- I never said I wanted the guy dead. I don't want that at all- Ralph has contributed a lot to the team and the community. If he were to pass away, it would be a very said day for the Bills and for Buffalo has a whole.

I think the team can benefit from fresh ownership- that's not the same as wanting Ralph dead or not caring if he lives or dies. There are plenty of ways for the team to change hands with Ralph alive and well.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

If I woke up to find that he passed away I'd be very sad. Whether you guys like him as an owner these days or not, he has done a lot for the franchise and city and it would be a sad day in Bills history.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X