PDA

View Full Version : Losman on the McGahee Trade

Romes
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
LOSMAN ON MCGAHEE DEPARTURE: J.P. was asked whether he was surprised by the trade of Willis McGahee today. Here's his response.
"That's a tough one to answer. I guess after it's over you could look back and say, 'Oh I could see that.' You could look back and seem surprised too so it goes both ways. I understood why they did it. They just felt that maybe he wasn't correlating with other teammates or personnel or maybe he wasn't the type of player they wanted here. Maybe a personality trait of some sort. I don't know you'd have to ask the guys that made that decision. As for me he was a great teammate of mine. I had the best seat in the house and got to see the guy to play extremely hard for some time. He taught me a lot and it's sad to see him go and I wish him well in Baltimore. I really do. But it's also an exciting time for other players to get an opportunity. I felt very, very comfortable with Anthony Thomas last year and I have a lot of trust in him. He's a great pass protector, he knows exactly what to do. He brings a positive attitude to the offense. It's only going to help us."
Losman also said he doesn't think Willis' departure will offset the offensive line additions.
"No, I think a hole is a hole and if somebody can hit it, they can hit it. I have confidence in Anthony. He did a great job when he was in there last year. I really believe that Shaud Williams can hit the hole. And there are options in the draft, we'll see how things go. There are still other options left, but as far as what we've got right now we're ready to roll."

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1180

Good to see him not throw him under the bus but it doesn't seem like he thinks it'll affect the team in a negative way at all.

bigbub2352
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM
JP Losman just showed that he is first class when it comes to bein a Leader and a teammate, endorsing who we have is also a confidence booster for A-Train and Shaud, this kid i think knows what he is doin

lightningbolt444
03-22-2007, 12:29 PM
this is a marv guy right here folks very good statement give a vote of confidence in his new runningback and still doesnt throw willis under the bus even after all the times he was put on the ground on an account of a missed wills block

RockStar36
03-22-2007, 12:32 PM
:clap: JP

Romes
03-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I got a little excited and posted it 3 times...

:couch:

edit: thanks mods for deleting the duped threads :up:

Don't Panic
03-22-2007, 12:34 PM
He's learned well in the PR dept. Strong comments about A-Train, although you could consider that gravy to some extent. I am very intrigued to see just how far he develops between last season and this season. As for being a Marv guy, that was apparent the day Jauron gave him the starting job. There's no guarnatee he'll succeed, but you have to applaud the FO for giving him the full opportunity.

feldspar
03-22-2007, 12:35 PM
this is a marv guy right here folks very good statement give a vote of confidence in his new runningback and still doesnt throw willis under the bus even after all the times he was put on the ground on an account of a missed wills block

He said exactly what he should have said. He addressed the issue without really saying anything, and he kept the whole thing positive. You say, "Thanks for everything, and good luck." Then you sound positive about the new situation.

If the tables were turned, I think Willis would have said, "Now maybe we can get a guy in here that can actually block for me, so I won't get killed."

JoeMama
03-22-2007, 12:42 PM
JP Losman knows why Willis McGahee is gone.

It's easy to read between the lines.

And it's exemplified by their contrasting responses to the trade.

When asked about the trade, McGahee derided the Bills and whined about his situation in Buffalo to the Baltimore press.

Where as Losman complimented McGahee for what he did as a Bill (albeit not much) and even used the opportunity to pimp some of his current teammates.

Handled like a pro.

justasportsfan
03-22-2007, 12:44 PM
I wish they asked JP about Mularkey.

Tatonka
03-22-2007, 12:48 PM
it is clear that he is a good guy and the guy that will be the vocal leader of the team.

SquishDaFish
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
For a long time to come too Tatonka

Italian Stallion
03-22-2007, 01:54 PM
It's good to see JP finally rise above all of us over-anxious and impacient Bills fans, and become a true team leader.

Billsrock4life
03-22-2007, 02:12 PM
JP Losman just showed that he is first class when it comes to bein a Leader and a teammate, endorsing who we have is also a confidence booster for A-Train and Shaud, this kid i think knows what he is doin

totally agreed

Saratoga Slim
03-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I have absolutely no complaints about the way JP acts off the field. None. From donating his luxury box to local kids, to living in downtown buffalo, to classy handling of the team's personnel moves, he's been all aces. It really makes it easier to give him the benefit of the doubt on the field.

Gunzlingr
03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
I hope birth control methods weren't something that Willis taught him. :ill:

ddaryl
03-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Kudos to JP.

I like the way the guy handles the media. It really seems to come natural to him.

JP is all "we" and no me

Saratoga Slim
03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Kudos to JP.

I like the way the guy handles the media. It really seems to come natural to him.

JP is all "we" and no me

so are most of the guys on the squad at this point. even the stars like Schoebel and Evans fly way under the radar.

TigerJ
03-22-2007, 04:22 PM
He said exactly what he should have said. He addressed the issue without really saying anything, and he kept the whole thing positive. You say, "Thanks for everything, and good luck." Then you sound positive about the new situation.

If the tables were turned, I think Willis would have said, "Now maybe we can get a guy in here that can actually block for me, so I won't get killed." Agree completely. Reporters asked him the type of question with which he could have really stepped in the mud, and he tiptoed around the danger spots very nicely. He avoided dissing anybody and kept his outlook for the coming season positive. Willis McGahee could learn a few lessons from JP, but if he does as well at that as he does his playbook, I'm not holding my breath.

You can read between the lines and pick out what he really thinks on a couple things though. 1. Anthony Thomas is a much better pass blocker than McGahee, and 2. Most of the Bills' struggle gaining yardage on the ground last season centered on problems with the offensive line.

HHURRICANE
03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
It's confirmed. Shaud Williams is his gay lover.

Meathead
03-22-2007, 06:08 PM
:lolpoint: jphaters

jamze132
03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Has JP ever really given us a reason to doubt him in front of the media? I have heard nothing but good things come from his mouth. I just hope his play matches his word usage.

justasportsfan
03-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I just hope his play matches his word usage.

Except for ...............

ublinkwescore
03-23-2007, 09:15 AM
I wish they asked JP about Mularkey.

Now that sonofa***** can be thrown under the bus, and I don't think anyone would criticize Losman for it.