PDA

View Full Version : Why are people hating on Chris Brown (RB)

Italian Stallion
03-22-2007, 01:48 PM
I just cant understand why anyone would be against this signing.....

He is a productive back when healthy and so is A Train.

Combining them together and splitting carries, combined with our better o-line, is surley setting this offense up for success, is it not?

PLUS (PAT MORAN)- I could understand your distaste for CB if he were close to or over the age of 30. A longer history of these injuries, while being an older runner would def. scare me away too. But the dude is in his mid 20's and he has something to prove, what's wrong with letting him do that on our roster?

patmoran2006
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
My big problem with it is this.

He's an average RB.. and this offense is full of average skill position players outside of Lee Evans.

I want Marshawn Lynch (AP gone) because he can do a lot more for the offense as a whole. He's a homerun threat and he's great coming out of the backfield.

Singing Brown kills any chance of us taking Lynch, thats the biggest reason I am totally against it. That and Im tired of recycled FAs

bigbub2352
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
I agree, competition is very good for a football team, we is also used to rb by comittee, and all his injuries are something that time heals, if they sign him and go after say hunt from psu, pittman from osu, or walker from Notre dame, or henry from Az, i dont think many will be complainging, i am not saying that i am overly excited about him signing but i am not at all oppossed to bringing on someone about to enter the prime of his career, and also has NFL measurables, and like i said in other threads, the good teams have 3-4 rbs on there roster who are all capable, we need to do the same till we find our guy

lightningbolt444
03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
heres the thing i like him but i like lynch better that is why

Italian Stallion
03-22-2007, 02:03 PM

He's an average RB.. and this offense is full of average skill position players outside of Lee Evans.

I want Marshawn Lynch (AP gone) because he can do a lot more for the offense as a whole. He's a homerun threat and he's great coming out of the backfield.

Singing Brown kills any chance of us taking Lynch, thats the biggest reason I am totally against it. That and Im tired of recycled FAs

Your assuming that CB is average based soley on his past stat lines tho Pat. When this guy was healthly, he was good enough to be the driving force that gave Tennessee media darling Eddie George the boot out of there.

Limiting his carries in a rotational system (which he was never a part of in Tenny. He was THE GUY getting 30 carries a game) will maximize the big play ability I believe he posesses/

patmoran2006
03-22-2007, 02:04 PM
1- I disagree. At best he'll be a good role player.. I want Lynch

2- I dont trust him to stay healthy

3- THere's already a rapper out there named Chris Brown.. thats enough

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2007, 02:05 PM
You're also assuming signing Brown means they won't draft Lynch, which may not be true. So relax and enjoy the ride. :up:

justasportsfan
03-22-2007, 02:07 PM
He's not average when healthy.

I guess the biggest question mark on Brown is, why are we the noly ones interested in him. Sounds like the entire NFL put a yellow flag on the guy.

I hope the doctors know what they are doing if we take him.

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Dude if our docs could make McGahee walk again, they could make Chris Brown into Carl freaking Lewis.

The Answer
03-22-2007, 02:13 PM

Combining them together and splitting carries, combined with our better o-line, is surley setting this offense up for success, is it not?

PLUS (PAT MORAN)- I could understand your distaste for CB if he were close to or over the age of 30. A longer history of these injuries, while being an older runner would def. scare me away too. But the dude is in his mid 20's and he has something to prove, what's wrong with letting him do that on our roster?

Stallion - We have enough mediorce players on this roster as it is. We need to infuse the roster with fresh, young talent - enough 2nd rate retreads!

~The Answer

justasportsfan
03-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Stallion - We have enough mediorce players on this roster as it is. We need to infuse the roster with fresh, young talent - enough 2nd rate retreads!

~The Answer

He has a carreer ave of 4.2 ypc. that's above average. Health is his problem.

I still want a catching rb like LT and IMO Lynch can be that guy.

The Answer
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
He has a carreer ave of 4.2 ypc. that's above average. Health is his problem.

I still want a catching rb like LT and IMO Lynch can be that guy.

Better YPC average than McGahee - but yes he can't even stay healthy for a whole season.

Bottom line we don't need two backup running backs. We need a stud, and A-Train is fine as backup.

Suck Williams however has to go.

~The Answer

more cowbell
03-22-2007, 02:26 PM
get over it people marv likes to bring in "2nd tier" players to compete for positions and if they sign chris brown it is what it is. How the hell do you know we wont draft lynch or peterson? and if we don't so what that means we can fill our other holes without wasting a 1st round pick on a RB. A lot of teams in in the NFL do not have a 1st round RB starting. Therefore brown, thomas or even a draft pick in the 3rd round or something could be productive.

are you even a bills fan pat moran? the bills could trade for peyton manning and you'd find something to ***** about.

camelcowboy
03-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Dude if our docs could make McGahee walk again, they could make Chris Brown into Carl freaking Lewis.

Chris Brown's durability is more simular to Jerry Freaking Lewis.

mysticsoto
03-22-2007, 02:35 PM

I disagree that he is average. When he was healthy he was very good. I remember. I got whooped a few times a few years ago by a guy who had him on his fantasy. Marshawn Lynch is just okay. RBs in the 2nd and 3rd round next year will easily be equal to if not better than him. All we need to do is bide our time this year. Chris Brown and A-train will help us do that, along with Fred Jackson and/or a lower picked rookie. With a better Oline, they will do just fine.

Let me ask you this, let's forget about where you are projecting people to go. If Patrick Willis and/or Okoye are there, do you still advocate taking Lynch? And if we let Lynch go, are you somehow increduosly thinking that a 2nd or 3rd rd back is worth grabbing that high and hoping they can handle a starting position for us? For Brown, I know he can handle the starting position for as long as he is healthy. I can't say the same thing for an unknown pick later. If Brown signs, he will produce for as long as he is healthy - that is for sure. He is not lazy or lacking in heart like McGahee did while here.

Ultimately, it comes down to this...I think it'd be stupid to waste a 1st round this year on Lynch who is probably just about average when an above average can easily be had next year. Skillwise, Lynch would probably grade into the 3rd rd next year!!!

mysticsoto
03-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Better YPC average than McGahee - but yes he can't even stay healthy for a whole season.

Bottom line we don't need two backup running backs. We need a stud, and A-Train is fine as backup.

Suck Williams however has to go.

~The Answer

The Answer should explore the vast talent at RB that will be available next year. The Answer might find that there are quite a few players that will be available with good quality that will likely move any starter we have this year into backup. I don't want to draft Lynch in the 1st rd this year to move to backup next year if we draft another RB that is better talented!!!

The Answer
03-22-2007, 02:40 PM
The Answer should explore the vast talent at RB that will be available next year. The Answer might find that there are quite a few players that will be available with good quality that will likely move any starter we have this year into backup. I don't want to draft Lynch in the 1st rd this year to move to backup next year if we draft another RB that is better talented!!!

To be honest - The Answer isn't a big fan of drafting RB's (or olinemen) in the 1st round. The Answer would prefer we find another Travis Henry type of back in the 2nd - 4th round.

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I disagree that he is average. When he was healthy he was very good. I remember. I got whooped a few times a few years ago by a guy who had him on his fantasy. Marshawn Lynch is just okay. RBs in the 2nd and 3rd round next year will easily be equal to if not better than him. All we need to do is bide our time this year. Chris Brown and A-train will help us do that, along with Fred Jackson and/or a lower picked rookie. With a better Oline, they will do just fine.

Let me ask you this, let's forget about where you are projecting people to go. If Patrick Willis and/or Okoye are there, do you still advocate taking Lynch? And if we let Lynch go, are you somehow increduosly thinking that a 2nd or 3rd rd back is worth grabbing that high and hoping they can handle a starting position for us? For Brown, I know he can handle the starting position for as long as he is healthy. I can't say the same thing for an unknown pick later. If Brown signs, he will produce for as long as he is healthy - that is for sure. He is not lazy or lacking in heart like McGahee did while here.

Ultimately, it comes down to this...I think it'd be stupid to waste a 1st round this year on Lynch who is probably just about average when an above average can easily be had next year. Skillwise, Lynch would probably grade into the 3rd rd next year!!!
I'm warming up to the A-Train and Brown tandem for this year, drafting Patrick Willis and a 3rd round rookie for the hell of it.

mysticsoto
03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm warming up to the A-Train and Brown tandem for this year, drafting Patrick Willis and a 3rd round rookie for the hell of it.

That's EXACTLY what SHOULD happen. The 3rd round rookie will likely take A-Train's place next year as he gets older and a drafted 2nd rd (?) RB or even 1st rounder would become our franchise back! A-train is cheap, so we could even keep him as a 3rd down reassurance and bump Shaud out if we have to.

Meathead
03-22-2007, 02:46 PM
*****es

TigerJ
03-22-2007, 04:29 PM
I think Chris Brown is a pretty good RB, but the injury concern is a legitimate one. I think Pat is right in that if the Bills sign CB, they won't draft Lynch. That however doesn't guarantee they will draft Lynch if they don't sign CB. I think it mos likely that if CB were signed, Buffalo would still draft a role playing RB in the second/third round: Kenny Irons, Pittman, Booker etc.

jamesiscool
03-22-2007, 04:30 PM

willis aint gna be around when we draft. his stock jus soared after his pro-day. i feel that willis falling to us is about the same as peterson falling to us. it;d be nice but it isnt looking as likely as it did a week ago.

ShadowHawk7
03-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Worst case scenario, Atrain + CB + mid round rookie gives us Willis McGahee production and we grab our franchise back in the RB rich draft of 08'. Even at pick 32 in 08, which is where we'll be picking of course, we can still have a excellent talent if CB doesn't work out.

Best case scenario, CB returns to form and plays like the high draft pick he was, w/ all the skills necessary to be a franchise back.

By not drafting Lynch if Peterson isn't there, it allows us to effectively address the Run D with either Okoye or Willis.

Devin
03-22-2007, 08:01 PM

:bf1: best post in this thread.

IM a Bills fan, I want it NOW NOW NOW!!!! Fix everything now!

If Lynch choked against top teams in college I shutter to think what happens when he meets the likes of some of these AFC defenses.

HHURRICANE
03-22-2007, 08:34 PM
WHY? HERE"S WHY:

<TABLE class=yspcontent cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=974 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=800><TABLE class=ysptblclbg3 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=70 rowSpan=2> http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/players/4/6429.jpg</TD><TD colSpan=3><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Chris Brown #29 | Running back | Tennessee Titans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ten;_ylt=ApElWP25Ks6i9IvSRx42iiT.uLYF)</TD><TD class=yspgens align=right><SCRIPT language=javascript>function go() { selected_index = document.select_player.player.selectedIndex; window.location.href = document.select_player.player.options[selected_index].value;}</SCRIPT><FORM name=select_player>Roster: <SELECT class=yspgens onchange=go() name=player> <OPTION value="" selected>Select Player</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6904;_ylt=Ar8e8C.5rlJXPYj5bIO49hj.uLYF>Adibi, Nathaniel</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6998;_ylt=Aru9Ft54pC.WQxAwGbmJqUX.uLYF>Amano, Eugene</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6631;_ylt=AhCtSTLmP.Y._LTURttBhoP.uLYF>Amato, Ken</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6897;_ylt=AjGi8UbCJw76tNa5mEK._PP.uLYF>Bell, Jacob</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7434;_ylt=AkcCtsx97SsbC2ol_K.qc.r.uLYF>Bironas, Rob</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6739;_ylt=AtJKCvn3l6t95g7WMjn9cAj.uLYF>Brown, Tony</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5059;_ylt=AkBvGlirBDCMTyOaVN40.Ab.uLYF>Bulluck, Keith</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/3115;_ylt=Ale.CovtGuzdTPmeliM1Cnb.uLYF>Collins, Kerry</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8161;_ylt=Amj3ZSyf8Ox30VyXDzRHw8_.uLYF>Conover, Sean</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6987;_ylt=AnYrjJ6FuX6WV9euOXm4Q0P.uLYF>Cramer, Casey</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7964;_ylt=AhJeQ9Tko1Smi61SGscmqyL.uLYF>Finnegan, Cortland</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7101;_ylt=Apbl8R.nWGxLB4aRvyaM0Yn.uLYF>Fowler, Ryan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7284;_ylt=ArDLsHUR2dUZt12hKvNPcTD.uLYF>Fuller, Vincent</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7373;_ylt=AoYgYp_C0cgZrbF6WhCM8cH.uLYF>Geisinger, Justin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6115;_ylt=Ak5fuEjg0x14tNJ3S0.Rfj_.uLYF>Givens, David</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8041;_ylt=Ah1byUiVg3Y6_7w0mrGllN3.uLYF>Hall, Ahmard</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5790;_ylt=Arw2l1dGV5kI1ZNdPpe41XH.uLYF>Harper, Nick</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6827;_ylt=AsP3NiXBKLSqHKOr.hLI.XD.uLYF>Hartsock, Ben</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5901;_ylt=AguxUQ7kTb8vcv5XgXDJHS_.uLYF>Haynesworth, Albert</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/2713;_ylt=As_N0T9Df1QPhSs6IkvVseD.uLYF>Hentrich, Craig</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7394;_ylt=Al48cTmlQopLtfOmJs0LjHb.uLYF>Hill, Reynaldo</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5980;_ylt=Aps4B8zHS18vn7O6xYSi5wj.uLYF>Hope, Chris</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7182;_ylt=AkYRixD.783d7nVN0XdSt8f.uLYF>Jones, Adam</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7272;_ylt=Av2dz17b0RT1b6Q9I1Rs9q7.uLYF>Jones, Brandon</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7332;_ylt=ArHzZg3eshYLqPVwBzrDsQP.uLYF>King, Eric</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6801;_ylt=AkIQNrEMw.WGDMnylctCbcf.uLYF>LaBoy, Travis</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6462;_ylt=ArnmM2aTR.eO2WJufKrQHF7.uLYF>Long, Rien</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7326;_ylt=AkvoHQZ_zFjoXNYfp4M5xJD.uLYF>Loper, Daniel</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7851;_ylt=AnhKQrSmDEmFBMHhxy1HUiH.uLYF>Lowry, Calvin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7918;_ylt=Ao5TbWBdTjXsF5903SQwGQ_.uLYF>Mahelona, Jesse</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/2826;_ylt=ApVyzFRBaZpBTnpKHc89K9n.uLYF>Mawae, Kevin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7886;_ylt=Ak1vkoGg7TpVD68Dy3HHCnj.uLYF>Nande, Terna</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6816;_ylt=Ap9cMIVpyjbmmP3imZjTW53.uLYF>Odom, Antwan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/4368;_ylt=AgZOhI0DmQCz99qm.8tLSOX.uLYF>Olson, Benji</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7921;_ylt=Aj_4cYlVkwgPVxW9iIpLNUX.uLYF>Orr, Jonathan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8228;_ylt=AmbpP2bmOJiQYB1Rn3cv0M_.uLYF>Petrowski, Jamie</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6924;_ylt=AnpDY1BEP5F0YMEsxrBpzMX.uLYF>Reynolds, Robert</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7244;_ylt=AmU3_bf9Nucq_Pf4tv6ZSZz.uLYF>Roby, Courtney</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7217;_ylt=AlU5AsWMCdNHFypGlXFhrpX.uLYF>Roos, Michael</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8100;_ylt=AuXnzOK2cvTsdlUiH1X7yar.uLYF>Ross, Richie</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7071;_ylt=ArDMEQxNgQCzJZ.Z8JDrNCb.uLYF>Savage, Josh</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7355;_ylt=AtginwhmwW.bMkw4DXAczM_.uLYF>Scaife, Bo</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6391;_ylt=AnU.kq_DatIKx0nBIW_YgIT.uLYF>Scott, Bryan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6830;_ylt=Ai.5PqMN9Y2H8ohmi17VQcL.uLYF>Starks, Randy</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7289;_ylt=AoRXFy3qXCOVsu.cZire8UD.uLYF>Stewart, David</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5927;_ylt=AppJAYwjZYhDvaObcomZwJr.uLYF>Thompson, Lamont</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5992;_ylt=ApVQoRi8YY4GBYyr4TFgt4T.uLYF>Thornton, David</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6799;_ylt=Ah1BIadDAVrujW4LaF3tWjv.uLYF>Troupe, Ben</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7865;_ylt=AuFiqgMkWAyxNkuErbEOWUH.uLYF>Tulloch, Stephen</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5481;_ylt=Aqh2bRDaDGRv74sYRlF9WA3.uLYF>Vanden Bosch, Kyle</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8162;_ylt=ArP6ef8aDKk7YQpjfSs75WX.uLYF>Wallace, Cooper</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6411;_ylt=AoXmieO4FxcCc_GMsvUlYqb.uLYF>Wand, Seth</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7794;_ylt=AkOXcaO9_SHFV5mWjI91SQ7.uLYF>White, LenDale</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7312;_ylt=Ap6Soa5h_cGTehn8i7wpS_D.uLYF>Williams, Roydell</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5764;_ylt=ArRNFYvMQ4jrS0ysyx.KK1r.uLYF>Woods, LeVar</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6364;_ylt=ApZwKnbFo2M3Q0PC1274TMT.uLYF>Woolfolk, Andre</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7752;_ylt=AqnJvd..OC4gNP9jWYPH.7T.uLYF>Young, Vince</OPTION></SELECT> </FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR vAlign=center><TD>Height: 6-3 Weight: 220
Born: Apr 17, 1981 - Winfield, IL
College: Colorado
Draft: 2003 - 3rd round (29th pick) by the Tennessee Titans
</TD><TD align=right><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=yspdetailttl style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f4f5f1 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BACKGROUND: #e2e2e2; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7px; PADDING-TOP: 7px" align=middle width=60>Rush Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f4f5f1 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BACKGROUND: #e2e2e2; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7px; PADDING-TOP: 7px" align=middle width=60>Yds/Game</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl padded3px" style="BACKGROUND: #e2e2e2" align=middle width=60>TD</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f4f5f1 1px solid" align=middle>156
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f4f5f1 1px solid" align=middle>31.2
</TD><TD align=middle>0
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=95>http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/1/80x60/ten.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ten;_ylt=AhHt_8Bo6OXsjiChlm0veHf.uLYF) </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblbdr2><TD colSpan=4 height=1><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Career Stats

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=yspsctnhdln>Career Stats
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4 height=18> Career Stats</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=6>Rushing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=9>Receiving</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=3>Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=18><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left> Season</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YAC</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>1stD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Fum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2003</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Tennessee</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>56</TD><TD class=yspscores>221</TD><TD class=yspscores>20.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>8</TD><TD class=yspscores>61</TD><TD class=yspscores>5.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2004</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Tennessee</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>220</TD><TD class=yspscores>1067</TD><TD class=yspscores>97.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>20</TD><TD class=yspscores>147</TD><TD class=yspscores>13.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>21</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2005</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Tennessee</TD><TD class=yspscores>15</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>224</TD><TD class=yspscores>851</TD><TD class=yspscores>56.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>25</TD><TD class=yspscores>327</TD><TD class=yspscores>21.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>13.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>57</TD><TD class=yspscores>14.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>13</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2006</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Tennessee</TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>41</TD><TD class=yspscores>156</TD><TD class=yspscores>31.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>0.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left colSpan=2> Career</TD><TD class=yspscores>42</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>541</TD><TD class=yspscores>2295</TD><TD class=yspscores>54.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>55</TD><TD class=yspscores>539</TD><TD class=yspscores>12.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>9.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>57</TD><TD class=yspscores>10.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>24</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>7</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD width=14> </TD><TD class=ysprtcol1 vAlign=top noWrap align=middle width=160><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>ADVERTISEMENT
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>var sky_target="_top";var sky_URL=new Array();sky_URL[1]="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h656afk/M=567598.9718648.10432267.5712839/D=sports/S=95860990:SKY/_ylt=AgcZ4ylxh4x10VQUwF94G3z.uLYF/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1174620794/A=4040582/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=123u7qnab/*http://personals.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTBibm05cDhpBF9TAzk3NjIwMjI3";sky_URL[2]="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h656afk/M=567598.9718648.10432267.5712839/D=sports/S=95860990:SKY/_ylt=AgcZ4ylxh4x10VQUwF94G3z.uLYF/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1174620794/A=4040582/R=1/id=flashurl/SIG=12otkvqld/*http://personals.yahoo.com/us/common/quicksearch;_ylc=X3oDMTBibm05cDhpBF9TAzk3NjIwMjI3";var sky_flashfile="http://ads.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_personals3/092806_76736_v1_120x600_sky_fall_elizlance.swf?clickTAG=javascript:SKYopenWindow(1)"+"&clickTAG2="+encodeURIComponent(sky_URL[2]);var sky_altURL="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h656afk/M=567598.9718648.10432267.5712839/D=sports/S=95860990:SKY/_ylt=AgcZ4ylxh4x10VQUwF94G3z.uLYF/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1174620794/A=4040582/R=2/id=altimgurl/SIG=123u7qnab/*http://personals.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTBibm05cDhpBF9TAzk3NjIwMjI3";var sky_altimg="http://ads.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_personals3/092806_76736_v1_120x600_sky_fall_elizlance.jpg";var sky_width=120;var sky_height=600;</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://ads.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/jscodes/031016/ct_sky_031016.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=VBScript> on error resume next plugin = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6")))</SCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HHURRICANE
03-22-2007, 08:35 PM
HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! That's why he's still unsigned.

Philagape
03-22-2007, 08:48 PM
One good season out of four isn't much to brag about. The RB position is littered with one-year wonders.

If we sign him, it BETTER be for a dirt cheap, no-risk contract, and I'd want another RB on day one.

mysticsoto
03-23-2007, 08:36 AM
HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! That's why he's still unsigned.

He does not suck...he is injury prone, and likely asking for too much from teams that are unwilling to take a chance with him. That is not the same as "sucking".

Given that we only care to have him for 1 year...if he produces in half the games this season and A-train and a rookie or Fred Jackson can handle half the games, we have bided our time and allowed ourselves to take a RB next year that will likely be MUCH BETTER than Lynch - even in the 2nd round!!! If the rest of our roster does reasonably well such that we can afford to spend the 1st rd on a RB, we will get a Franchise back of much higher quality or atleast comparable to Adrian Peterson and perhaps much more durable!!!

Drafting is about doing what's right for the future of the team!!! It makes no sense to draft Lynch this year and then next year draft a better RB and have Lynch cost us a 1st rounder to play backup!

If Willis is available, there should be no question on who to grab. He is an absolute stud that we desperately need in our middle - and it closes a huge hole in our Run D!!!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-23-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't hate the idea of Chris Brown coming to camp. I do hate the idea of us paying him any guaranteed money, and signing him to a long term deal.
A one year incentive laden deal sounds ok, but from what I hear he and his agent are looking for a fat contract.
I would be willing to take a chance on him this year, since we have very little chance of being competitive this year anyway.....so he would just be a 1 or maybe 2 yr bandaid.

X-Era
03-23-2007, 08:49 AM

Hates a strong word...hate a man Ive never met?.....I save that for Marcia, uh, I mean Tom Brady!

I think my disagreement with that signing would be that we would fool ourselves into thinking hes good enough to not draft a young stud.

Its the same philosophy that had me pulling out my hair screaming for us to draft a 1st round QB. I kept hearing names like Jeff Blake, Alex Van-frikkin-Pelt, yes Kelly Holcomb, Guys that have already shown they werent good enough to earn and keep a starting job.

Tennessee who was desperate for a RB, liked him so much that they traded for Henry? Who we liked so much we drafted a 1st round RB? And now we want to take the backup to the guy we traded away? And think hes all we need?

RB is too important. I think about the RB position like a race, having 2 cars that go 60 MPH is worthless if the rest of the cras are doing 100; you arent gonna win a race.

2 marginal starters at RB, means a marginal running game.

Get a guy who gets the yards and is a gamebreaker. Get the best damn RB you possibly can, and move on.

User Manuel
03-23-2007, 08:53 AM
He does not suck...he is injury prone, and likely asking for too much from teams that are unwilling to take a chance with him. That is not the same as "sucking".

Given that we only care to have him for 1 year...if he produces in half the games this season and A-train and a rookie or Fred Jackson can handle half the games, we have bided our time and allowed ourselves to take a RB next year that will likely be MUCH BETTER than Lynch - even in the 2nd round!!! If the rest of our roster does reasonably well such that we can afford to spend the 1st rd on a RB, we will get a Franchise back of much higher quality or atleast comparable to Adrian Peterson and perhaps much more durable!!!

Drafting is about doing what's right for the future of the team!!! It makes no sense to draft Lynch this year and then next year draft a better RB and have Lynch cost us a 1st rounder to play backup!

If Willis is available, there should be no question on who to grab. He is an absolute stud that we desperately need in our middle - and it closes a huge hole in our Run D!!!

No, Brown is decidedly average. We can put a decidely average back on the field in the name of Anthony Thomas or Shaud Williams, why add anothermore expensive one?

As for Willis, great player, I could live with him or Lynch, they both have their merits and drawbacks.

Tinboy
03-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Sit stats:
@PIT 3 yds
@NWE 6 yds
HOU 15 yds
MIA 46 yds
JAC 2 yds
@ATL 17 yds
@NYJ 8 yds
IND 23 yds
BUF 6 yds