Why are people hating on Chris Brown (RB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Why are people hating on Chris Brown (RB)

I just cant understand why anyone would be against this signing.....

He is a productive back when healthy and so is A Train.

Combining them together and splitting carries, combined with our better o-line, is surley setting this offense up for success, is it not?

PLUS (PAT MORAN)- I could understand your distaste for CB if he were close to or over the age of 30. A longer history of these injuries, while being an older runner would def. scare me away too. But the dude is in his mid 20's and he has something to prove, what's wrong with letting him do that on our roster?
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Why are people hating on Chris Brown (RB)

My big problem with it is this.

He's an average RB.. and this offense is full of average skill position players outside of Lee Evans.

I want Marshawn Lynch (AP gone) because he can do a lot more for the offense as a whole. He's a homerun threat and he's great coming out of the backfield.

Singing Brown kills any chance of us taking Lynch, thats the biggest reason I am totally against it. That and Im tired of recycled FAs

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

I agree, competition is very good for a football team, we is also used to rb by comittee, and all his injuries are something that time heals, if they sign him and go after say hunt from psu, pittman from osu, or walker from Notre dame, or henry from Az, i dont think many will be complainging, i am not saying that i am overly excited about him signing but i am not at all oppossed to bringing on someone about to enter the prime of his career, and also has NFL measurables, and like i said in other threads, the good teams have 3-4 rbs on there roster who are all capable, we need to do the same till we find our guy
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• lightningbolt444
        • Mar 2007

heres the thing i like him but i like lynch better that is why

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006

He's an average RB.. and this offense is full of average skill position players outside of Lee Evans.

I want Marshawn Lynch (AP gone) because he can do a lot more for the offense as a whole. He's a homerun threat and he's great coming out of the backfield.

Singing Brown kills any chance of us taking Lynch, thats the biggest reason I am totally against it. That and Im tired of recycled FAs
          Your assuming that CB is average based soley on his past stat lines tho Pat. When this guy was healthly, he was good enough to be the driving force that gave Tennessee media darling Eddie George the boot out of there.

Limiting his carries in a rotational system (which he was never a part of in Tenny. He was THE GUY getting 30 carries a game) will maximize the big play ability I believe he posesses/
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

1- I disagree. At best he'll be a good role player.. I want Lynch

2- I dont trust him to stay healthy

3- THere's already a rapper out there named Chris Brown.. thats enough

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

You're also assuming signing Brown means they won't draft Lynch, which may not be true. So relax and enjoy the ride.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

He's not average when healthy.

I guess the biggest question mark on Brown is, why are we the noly ones interested in him. Sounds like the entire NFL put a yellow flag on the guy.

I hope the doctors know what they are doing if we take him.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Dude if our docs could make McGahee walk again, they could make Chris Brown into Carl freaking Lewis.

Comment

• The Answer
                    The Plagiarist
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                    I just cant understand why anyone would be against this signing.....

He is a productive back when healthy and so is A Train.

Combining them together and splitting carries, combined with our better o-line, is surley setting this offense up for success, is it not?

PLUS (PAT MORAN)- I could understand your distaste for CB if he were close to or over the age of 30. A longer history of these injuries, while being an older runner would def. scare me away too. But the dude is in his mid 20's and he has something to prove, what's wrong with letting him do that on our roster?
                    Stallion - We have enough mediorce players on this roster as it is. We need to infuse the roster with fresh, young talent - enough 2nd rate retreads!

~The Answer

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
                      Stallion - We have enough mediorce players on this roster as it is. We need to infuse the roster with fresh, young talent - enough 2nd rate retreads!

~The Answer

He has a carreer ave of 4.2 ypc. that's above average. Health is his problem.

I still want a catching rb like LT and IMO Lynch can be that guy.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        He has a carreer ave of 4.2 ypc. that's above average. Health is his problem.

I still want a catching rb like LT and IMO Lynch can be that guy.
                        Better YPC average than McGahee - but yes he can't even stay healthy for a whole season.

Bottom line we don't need two backup running backs. We need a stud, and A-Train is fine as backup.

Suck Williams however has to go.

~The Answer

Comment

• more cowbell
                          • Apr 2006

get over it people marv likes to bring in "2nd tier" players to compete for positions and if they sign chris brown it is what it is. How the hell do you know we wont draft lynch or peterson? and if we don't so what that means we can fill our other holes without wasting a 1st round pick on a RB. A lot of teams in in the NFL do not have a 1st round RB starting. Therefore brown, thomas or even a draft pick in the 3rd round or something could be productive.

are you even a bills fan pat moran? the bills could trade for peyton manning and you'd find something to ***** about.
                          The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            Dude if our docs could make McGahee walk again, they could make Chris Brown into Carl freaking Lewis.
                            Chris Brown's durability is more simular to Jerry Freaking Lewis.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I disagree that he is average. When he was healthy he was very good. I remember. I got whooped a few times a few years ago by a guy who had him on his fantasy. Marshawn Lynch is just okay. RBs in the 2nd and 3rd round next year will easily be equal to if not better than him. All we need to do is bide our time this year. Chris Brown and A-train will help us do that, along with Fred Jackson and/or a lower picked rookie. With a better Oline, they will do just fine.

Let me ask you this, let's forget about where you are projecting people to go. If Patrick Willis and/or Okoye are there, do you still advocate taking Lynch? And if we let Lynch go, are you somehow increduosly thinking that a 2nd or 3rd rd back is worth grabbing that high and hoping they can handle a starting position for us? For Brown, I know he can handle the starting position for as long as he is healthy. I can't say the same thing for an unknown pick later. If Brown signs, he will produce for as long as he is healthy - that is for sure. He is not lazy or lacking in heart like McGahee did while here.

Ultimately, it comes down to this...I think it'd be stupid to waste a 1st round this year on Lynch who is probably just about average when an above average can easily be had next year. Skillwise, Lynch would probably grade into the 3rd rd next year!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X