PDA

View Full Version : The Difference Between Sabres Fans and "Caniacs"

BlackMetalNinja
03-22-2007, 04:12 PM
I was just checking out craigslist and everybody down here is selling Hurricanes tickets well below face value... It's sad. I could have two tickets for tonight's game, 1st row of the 200 level for $50. And they are in the middle of a fight for their playoff lives!!!

Meanwhile, you guys can't touch seats at the top of the arena for under $100.

Hockey is only cool down here when you're holding a Stanley Cup in your hands I guess.

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2007, 04:41 PM
I was just checking out craigslist and everybody down here is selling Hurricanes tickets well below face value... It's sad. I could have two tickets for tonight's game, 1st row of the 200 level for $50. And they are in the middle of a fight for their playoff lives!!!

Hockey is only cool down here when you're holding a Stanley Cup in your hands I guess.

Pray they come in 8th then. You will be able to get very cheap playoff tickets and you could be there for the series finale.

BlackMetalNinja
03-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Pray they come in 8th then. You will be able to get very cheap playoff tickets and you could be there for the series finale.

Trust me... I am.

I plan on going to both games here without a doubt. You guys should come down here and watch, it'd probably be cheaper!

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Trust me... I am.

I plan on going to both games here without a doubt. You guys should come down here and watch, it'd probably be cheaper!

I have season tickets. I won't be cheaper for me.

BlackMetalNinja
03-22-2007, 04:51 PM
I have season tickets. I won't be cheaper for me.

Very valid point!

OpIv37
03-22-2007, 04:52 PM
how far is it from DC? That might be worth a trip.

Bill Brasky
03-22-2007, 04:54 PM
i am gonna come down if they play. christ, i could get a plane ticket and a game ticket for cheaper than a sabres seat.

i checked on craigs, people already selling sabres 1st rounders for 150/piece. so much for sabres fans being just fans... now they're turning into greedy pigs.

OpIv37
03-22-2007, 04:57 PM
i am gonna come down if they play. christ, i could get a plane ticket and a game ticket for cheaper than a sabres seat.

i checked on craigs, people already selling sabres 1st rounders for 150/piece. so much for sabres fans being just fans... now they're turning into greedy pigs.

commie.

They're just charging based on supply and demand.

Bill Brasky
03-22-2007, 04:59 PM
how does this make me a commie? it's absolute horse**** that people are ripping other fans off.

if you're selling to the other team's fans, that's one thing, but to screw people - fellow fans nonetheless - by charging 3x face is not only illegal it's disgusting. i never thought buffalo fans would pull **** like this.

and this further proves that we have a lot of hypocrites in buffalo... bills tickets - at $30-50 a pop - are too pricey, but paying 2x or 3x over face for an $80 hockey ticket isn't?

not to mention HSBC is basically full of richers and suits now... finding true fans is becoming harder and harder. i'd rather have an arena full of hardcore fans instead of a bunch of douchebags with money to waste who were nowhere to be found 3 or 4 years ago... thanks for driving up the market *******s!

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2007, 05:03 PM
how does this make me a commie? it's absolute horse**** that people are ripping other fans off.

if you're selling to the other team's fans, that's one thing, but to screw people - fellow fans nonetheless - by charging 3x face is not only illegal it's disgusting. i never thought buffalo fans would pull **** like this.

The extra tickets were bought at a face value of $93 minimum. How does $150 = 3x?

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM

and this further proves that we have a lot of hypocrites in buffalo... bills tickets - at $30-50 a pop - are too pricey, but paying 2x or 3x over face for an $80 hockey ticket isn't?

not to mention HSBC is basically full of richers and suits now... finding true fans is becoming harder and harder. i'd rather have an arena full of hardcore fans instead of a bunch of douchebags with money to waste... thanks for driving up the market *******s!

So, you're saying that if you purchased something at $50 and you wanted/needed to sell it and you knew you could get $300 for it you would take less to give it to someone, who you didn't know, who you knew would appreciate it more?

Bill Brasky
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
The extra tickets were bought at a face value of $93 minimum. How does $150 = 3x?

Nowhere did I correlate my previous thread with the last one. I said on craigs they are selling for $150 -- right now. It will only go up.

Go on the Sabres site and look at the prices for the remaining Leafs tickets... 3x was an understatement.

Bill Brasky
03-22-2007, 05:08 PM
So, you're saying that if you purchased something at $50 and you wanted/needed to sell it and you knew you could get $300 for it you would take less to give it to someone, who you didn't know, who you knew would appreciate it more?

yes, i've done it before and i'll do it everytime... ask anybody that knows me if you think i'm lying.

i put a value on the environment, who's around me. i'd rather have my buddies at the game with me for face value instead of selling to some jackass to make a few bucks... i'd rather see a guy be able to take his kids to a game instead of some corporate jackass who will pay whatever possible to say he 'was there'. if you need money that bad, get a ****ing job.

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Nowhere did I correlate my previous thread with the last one. I said on craigs they are selling for $150 -- right now. It will only go up.

Go on the Sabres site and look at the prices for the remaining Leafs tickets... 3x was an understatement.

People have stated they can sell those Leafs games to Toronto fans for 5 to 6 times face value.

I know I don't like it much either, but people with money will ALWAYS get over on people who don't.

Doc and I have not raked people over the coals for our tickets either. Even though I wanted to.

Bill Brasky
03-22-2007, 05:11 PM
I've had great offers from Jets and Pats fans for my Bills tickets and I refused to sell.

I guess I just have a problem knowing that most people who bought up the remaining playoff tickets have the intent to sell to make a profit... I just don't like seeing fans priced out of something they should be able to enjoy. Esp fans who have been there in years past, can't for whatever reason have minis or seasons, and now they have no chance to go.

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
yes, i've done it before and i'll do it everytime... ask anybody that knows me if you think i'm lying.

i put a value on the environment, who's around me. i'd rather have my buddies at the game with me for face value instead of selling to some jackass to make a few bucks... i'd rather see a guy be able to take his kids to a game instead of some corporate jackass who will pay whatever possible to say he 'was there'. if you need money that bad, get a ****ing job.

Well, yeah. Of course anyone would rather sell them reasonably to a friend or take a relative. Some people buy more than they need and sell the others to try to make up for the extra cost. I know I can barely afford my Sabres ticket, that is why I sold most of mine. I don't begrudge somebody trying to recoup some money. I don't much care for people who buy tickets solely to make a profit though with no intention of using them.

Bill Brasky
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Well, yeah. Of course anyone would rather sell them reasonably to a friend or take a relative. Some people buy more than they need and sell the others to try to make up for the extra cost. I know I can barely afford my Sabres ticket, that is why I sold most of mine. I don't begrudge somebody trying to recoup some money. I don't much care for people who buy tickets solely to make a profit though with no intention of using them.

I agree 100% :up:

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2007, 05:13 PM
I agree 100% :up:

OK then. Now I understand.

OpIv37
03-22-2007, 05:15 PM

not to mention HSBC is basically full of richers and suits now... finding true fans is becoming harder and harder. i'd rather have an arena full of hardcore fans instead of a bunch of douchebags with money to waste who were nowhere to be found 3 or 4 years ago... thanks for driving up the market *******s!

further proof that the reason the Bills aren't selling the tickets has less to do with economic factors and more to do with the product on the field.

Bill Brasky
03-22-2007, 05:18 PM
true, but they still blame it on economics... which is why i used the term hypocrites. not all of us, but they are out there and seem to be growing.

Crisis
03-22-2007, 05:38 PM

I agree with you but Buffalo fans aren't exactly diehards either...

Granted we can atleast sell-out when we're winning, but there a ton new "skooby" Sabre fans....

BlackMetalNinja
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM

My friend told me it takes her like 4 hours I think? If and when this happens, we'll talk shop and I'll try and get some extras if need be!

JD
03-22-2007, 06:23 PM
OH

MY

GOD

If we play Carolina 1st round I am going to absolutely freak out haha. We'll be in Myrtle Beach from the 4th-15th and we could easily drive from there for 3 hours to catch a game for cheaper than it would be to attend a pre-season game here probably :lmao:

Don't Panic
03-22-2007, 06:26 PM

I'm moving to Raleigh in a few months BMN... looking forward to getting great seats every time the Sabs are in town for what looks to be cheap prices. If we play them in the first, I'll be down there with you.

Don't Panic
03-22-2007, 06:29 PM

If outside of 495 in Virginia, you could get there in 3 and a half. We do it in 4 and a half from Baltimore every time we go. Just don't go when there's guaranteed to be traffic.

BlackMetalNinja
03-22-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm moving to Raleigh in a few months BMN... looking forward to getting great seats every time the Sabs are in town for what looks to be cheap prices. If we play them in the first, I'll be down there with you.

Sweet man! I went to both games here this season. The opener and then again in October, so I'm itching to see some live hockey again!

OpIv37
03-23-2007, 08:04 AM
If outside of 495 in Virginia, you could get there in 3 and a half. We do it in 4 and a half from Baltimore every time we go. Just don't go when there's guaranteed to be traffic.

is there ever a time when it's guaranteed that there WON'T be traffic on 95 S? I've seen it at a dead stop at 1 pm on a Thursday.

don137
03-23-2007, 08:09 AM
If it is a weekend game in Carolina I will be there if they play one another. That one lot (lot 6 I think) was jammed pack with Sabres fans last year. It felt like I was at the Ralph.

JD
03-23-2007, 10:52 AM
If it is a weekend game in Carolina I will be there if they play one another. That one lot (lot 6 I think) was jammed pack with Sabres fans last year. It felt like I was at the Ralph.
It was named "SABRES ALLEY" lol..I almost **** myself as we drove through being cheered on by fellow sabres fans