PDA

View Full Version : You Know What?

Yasgur's Farm
03-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Watching the recent interviews with JP... The way he handles the media and gives the "RIGHT" answer time after time, every time... It's not possible to draw any other conclusion than he's a very intelligent man.

B-DON
03-22-2007, 06:00 PM
or just good with the media

The Spaz
03-22-2007, 06:02 PM
or just good with the media

You can be stupid with the media too.

B-DON
03-22-2007, 06:07 PM
You can be stupid with the media too.

thats why i said "or just good with the media"

Yasgur's Farm
03-22-2007, 06:10 PM
thats why i said "or just good with the media"You gonna contribute something here? Or are you enrolled in an on line PHD philosophy of BS program?

Philagape
03-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Some of us have known this for some time :D

B-DON
03-22-2007, 06:26 PM
To start with this thread is complete B.S. Everything you said has been said in 200 other threads so why start a new one saying the same thing. Look how offended people get on here because i didnt bow down and say Losman is a "over a few interviews he had. Just cuz you have a decent convo with the media doesnt make you intelligent. Give a better reason

B-DON
03-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Some of us have known this for some time :D

Exactly, So why did draz waste his time and the boards time with starting this crap thread. I swear some people just like to read what they write even if it has no significance to this board

Yasgur's Farm
03-22-2007, 06:30 PM
...why start a new one saying the same thing.
So why did draz waste his time and the boards time with starting this crap thread. I swear some people just like to read what they write even if it has no significance to this board
or just good with the mediaI see... You really set the world on fire with this post...

Philagape
03-22-2007, 06:38 PM
There's never been any reason to believe JP isn't intelligent. So the interviews tip the scale in favor of intelligent. And he talked today, therefore it's fresh.

Carlton Bailey
03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Losman's a little out there sometimes, but I don't think he's a typical California idiot like Rob Johnson was. JP seems at least fairly intelligent to me in terms of football decision making and off the field.

B-DON
03-22-2007, 06:57 PM
I see... You really set the world on fire with this post...

Just like you did with this thread? Best poster for 2007 goes to............Draz

Yasgur's Farm
03-23-2007, 06:09 AM
Just like you did with this thread? Best poster for 2007 goes to............DrazYour post is a moe-ron.

theanswer74
03-23-2007, 07:06 AM
I dont know. When I listen to his press conferences it sounds like someone trying to act intelligent. It doesnt seem real to me.

But, dont let me interfere, fluff away.

JoeMama
03-23-2007, 07:23 AM
It's hard to judge intelligence based on public speaking.

A lot of brilliant people cannot string together a coherent sentence in front of a large crowd.

Where as a lot of stupid people can.

I think JP's handling of the media says a lot more about his self confidence than anything else.

And maybe that he's becoming more savvy with the media.

I wouldn't read much further into it. A public persona vs the real person are two entirely different stories.

Earthquake Enyart
03-23-2007, 07:28 AM
It's tough to sound smart when you look like Adam Sandler.

TigerJ
03-23-2007, 07:49 AM
To start with this thread is complete B.S. Everything you said has been said in 200 other threads so why start a new one saying the same thing. Look how offended people get on here because i didnt bow down and say Losman is a "over a few interviews he had. Just cuz you have a decent convo with the media doesnt make you intelligent. Give a better reason

I generally just ignore threads I don't like.

When Losman came out of college there were those who took issue with any suggestion that he isn't intelligent. "His high Wonderlic score is due to the fact he took it twice." Remember "Uninategate?" There were a few interviews early on where as a glib California kid he did stick his foot in his mouth a few times, but just as he has on the field, he has steadily learned from his mistakes and has gotten much better. I think we all need to remember that he went to a college that was generally out of the national limelight, without much media attention. He played in a non-conventional offensive system without much support around him and didn't get near the level of coaching that QBs at schools like USC, Miami, and Notre Dame are going to get. He came to Buffalo just about as talented kid, but raw as he could be in every possible way. I think he deserves credit for coming as far as he has toward becoming polished on the field and off.

Earthquake Enyart
03-23-2007, 08:07 AM
It's just like Kelly. Early in his career he sounded like a douche, then he grew up.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-23-2007, 08:14 AM
JP is, like others have said, immature and has only average leadership skills.
Two personality traits that will hurt you as a QB on any level.

I think he is smart enough....but I think he is a LONG way from being "very intelligent".

Bulldog
03-23-2007, 08:22 AM
JP is, like others have said, immature and has only average leadership skills.
Two personality traits that will hurt you as a QB on any level.

I think he is smart enough....but I think he is a LONG way from being "very intelligent".

Have you been in the huddle with Losman? If not, how can you accurately judge his leadership skills? What are you basing this on?