PDA

View Full Version : Lynch vs. Peterson (SI.com)

gr8slayer
03-22-2007, 07:29 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bucky_brooks/03/15/great.debates/index.html

1. Who's better, Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/gr8slayer/p1_lynch_beck.jpg

Adrian Peterson is an explosive and dynamic runner with outstanding speed and quickness. The former Oklahoma star is a talented workhorse who will invigorate any offense with his big-play ability, but Lynch's versatility and overall ability make him ideally suited to play the pro game. As a natural cutback runner with excellent speed, quickness and vision, he has a slippery running style that allows him to consistently pick up tough yards between the tackles.

In addition to being an outstanding runner, he is a polished route runner who has the hands to be used effectively in the passing game. With the majority of NFL teams incorporating parts of the West Coast offense, Marshawn's overall skills will allow him to have a bigger impact on the next level.
So as I've been saying Lynch > Peterson

ddaryl
03-22-2007, 08:10 PM
I prefer the dual threat style RB. (memories of Thurman)

Bert102176
03-22-2007, 08:34 PM
I would take Lynch over Peterson

Carlton Bailey
03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
I'll take either.

X-Era
03-22-2007, 09:57 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bucky_brooks/03/15/great.debates/index.html

So as I've been saying Lynch > Peterson

Ive said that since day one. But I dont say it for all teams, just the Bills. Peterson is not as durable as Lynch. Thats a major concern for a team that struggles with blocking.

Its great to be able to outrun DB's, but how does that help you when you cant get past the first 3 yards?

Lynch is a more natural runner who is more likely to have 4+ yards per carry. He may not be the explosive player, but he also can be relied upon to carry the rock and move the chains.

If this team wants ball control, Lynch is the guy.

I honestly think its a moot point. Peterson will get picked before our pick due to his speed, but I honestly think Lynch plays more games, and has a bigger immediate impact.

evol4276
03-22-2007, 10:26 PM
he looks like he has no left leg in that picture.. i still want lynch over peterson

patmoran2006
03-22-2007, 10:41 PM
I'll take either and be very happy.

X-Era
03-22-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll take either and be very happy.

Im not sure I would disagree. Were not talking about preference only either vs. the rest of the pack.

But I must say that every big hit on Peterson and I will be chewing my nails.

Sportsuser101
03-23-2007, 05:29 AM
Peterson is a better back then Lynch. And in my opinion its not even close.

LtFinFan66
03-23-2007, 06:07 AM
he looks like he has no left leg in that picture.Then he must really have mad skills :up:

justasportsfan
03-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Marv is drafting neither. He's going for a safety with that 1st pick. :ugly:

superbills
03-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Posluszny is an outstanding player who may be the most natural of all of the candidates. Not an explosive athlete, he has the instincts, awareness and toughness that make him stand out on tape.

You can make an argument for any of these players, but Posluszny's production and instincts make him the pick over the more athletic Timmons.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. IMO Posluzny is a solid third behind Willis and Timmons, in that order. Just say yes to Willis if you're going LB.

X-Era
03-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Marv is drafting neither. He's going for a safety with that 1st pick. :ugly:

Hell no, hes going QB! :crazy:

gr8slayer
03-23-2007, 08:37 AM
I prefer the dual threat style RB. (memories of Thurman)
Then you too want Lynch.

gr8slayer
03-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Peterson is a better back then Lynch. And in my opinion its not even close.
You my friend are hanging out with Ricky in the moutains.

ublinkwescore
03-23-2007, 08:44 AM
I wish I could still smoke...

those days are behind me - nothing was more relaxing than smoking a fat doobie, then a marlboro red, and then playing video games, and sipping on a 32 oz. soda.