Did Peerless really want to be in Buffalo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NC-BILLS44
    • Jul 2002

Did Peerless really want to be in Buffalo?

I was wondering this because I read some reports that he thought the Falcons were going to draft him. I wonder if he was disappointed that Buffalo drafted him instead. Did he ever really want to be in Buffalo?
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Who cares?

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

No, he didn't. It's all about the .

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

Who the hell cares? Move this crap to the NFL board. It has nothing to do with the Bills.

Byrd.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

I agree w/ LOG, Peerless was all about two things lately:

First, the money. From the front page of the team site:

"I'd be a fool to say that it doesn't. Like I said all along, I'll take less to stay here but I'm not going to take substantially less. If it's comparable to what other people are offering then I'll stay here without a shadow of a doubt. But like you said, I have to think about my family. All athletes say that but you really do. Your family is #1."

-- Price on whether or not money will factor into his decision

If that doesn't sum it up, then I don't know what does.

Second, he wanted to be #1. What's gonna be interesting is the reaction of the fans this season in Atlanta. I highly doubt that Price is gonna catch 94 balls again, for two reasons; first, the Falcons don't throw nearly as much as we did. Second, Price will be good against mediocre to nominal Ds, but I think he's gonna get a first class NFL schooling when they play Tampa twice or Philly, or even Washington.

It'll be interesting.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

Yeah, it's also very difficult to take care of your family on a paltry 2 or 3 million! I fully understand. Especially up in Buffalo where everything is so expensive unlike in Atlanta.

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillsNYC
              Man of the People
              • Jul 2002

price is a pure $ player..he'd play in alaska if they paid him enough
              Thank you.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

"Yeah, it's also very difficult to take care of your family on a paltry 2 or 3 million! I fully understand. Especially up in Buffalo where everything is so expensive unlike in Atlanta. "

LOL I hear that WYS. I could barely survive myself on such a small salary!

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                  • Oct 2002

I think most players in the NFL are mostly about the money, so I don't really fault Peerless for going to a team that is closer to his home and that is offering him about 2 million more a year than we are. Would any of you pass up an extra two million a year just to stay?

He might not be worth it and he might not do as good as he would of here, etc. etc. but he is still going to make a lot more money. I would do it.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                    • Oct 2002

Its not like Atlanta is a terrible team to play for either. It seems like they have an owner who is doing a good job and they have arguably the best QB in the game.

If he took 2 million more to play for the Bengals or something, then I would question it more.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

I don't fault hiim for doing it at all.

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

I have no ill feelings toward the guy. He took a ton of money and a chance to be the number one guy. I can't fault someone who believes that they're good enough to be a top guy and then gives it a shot. He never said that he should be number one in Buffalo because Moulds is there. My point there is that he didn't start a big locker room controversy last season like certain other players would, have and will. He felt he was good enough to be top dog but knew that Moulds had that title in B-LO. I don't think he did anything wrong. Now, there's no way he catches 94 this year. Like Moulds said, "he'll know what it's like to be doubled every play..."

Comment

Working...
                        X