PDA

View Full Version : I finally figured out who M. Lynch reminds me of...

X-Era
03-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Shaun Alexander!

Shaun dropped to 19 I believe due to speed questions. Tiki Barber is another one. These are guys who dont blaze in the 40, but have the god given ability to run the football.

Were distinguishing then based on vision, balance, and moves. Thats what I mean. Peterson may be flashy, but he also could be the next Fred Taylor or Jamal Lewis. Those guys are great, but do you want to deal with the injuries if you could have an Alexander or Barber?

Im sorry, but Id like a RB that you can count on to get tough yards game in and game out. If we get into the playoffs, we will really appreciate that tough RB type.

Devin
03-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Shawn Alexander huh......Lynch.......

Wow.

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
I always think he's like Ricky Williams without the personality disorder thing.

X-Era
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Shawn Alexander huh......Lynch.......

Wow.

dont know how to take that.

Im talking similarities in playing style. Hes a guy that wont burn you deep but will get his 4+ come hell or high water.

patmoran2006
03-22-2007, 10:41 PM
http://www.robomuffin.com/dlpics/lil%20john.jpg

X-Era
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM

So, assuming your serious for a second...Ricky had a similar package, size, quicks, the whole deal. His head screwed him. Lynch doesnt have Ricky's issues.

I met Ricky before he was drafted at a Walter Camp weekend at a local bar in New Haven. He was painfully humble. I originally thought it would be an assett but later realize that he lacked the mental toughness for the game.

Lynch is described by guys like Mayock as playing "angry". Thats the type of RB that Im talking about. A guy who will force yards when we need to keep the chains moving.

X-Era
03-22-2007, 10:49 PM
http://www.robomuffin.com/dlpics/lil%20john.jpg

And your avatar needs a shave

Devin
03-22-2007, 10:55 PM

Its probably just the hair. Ricky was a far superior back.

gr8slayer
03-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Its probably just the hair. Ricky was a far superior back.
Considering the fact that Lynch has yet to play a down I sure hope so.

Devin
03-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Considering the fact that Lynch has yet to play a down I sure hope so.

Lynch isnt half the college back Williams was. As far as the pro level we will see, but had Ricky not lost his friggin marbles id be hesitant to say Lynch would be even close as a pro.

They are built the same, and apart from Lynch looking like a felon im sure hes a classy fellow.

I wont be dissapointed if we draft him, and im a big fan of taking the BPA sometimes (i.e if either of the top two prospects in this draft fell .....johnson/landry......id love either of course) I just think a big time LB, DT or DE would benefit us more.

While I wont go into explaining how the DT's work, drafting a DT is not giving up on McCargo. Okoye plays a different.........uggghhhh nevermind. Buy a book or something.

jamze132
03-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Shaun Alexander!

Shaun dropped to 19 I believe due to speed questions. Tiki Barber is another one. These are guys who dont blaze in the 40, but have the god given ability to run the football.

Were distinguishing then based on vision, balance, and moves. Thats what I mean. Peterson may be flashy, but he also could be the next Fred Taylor or Jamal Lewis. Those guys are great, but do you want to deal with the injuries if you could have an Alexander or Barber?

Im sorry, but Id like a RB that you can count on to get tough yards game in and game out. If we get into the playoffs, we will really appreciate that tough RB type.
I already said he could be the next Shaun Alexander. Get your own.:dance:

feelthepain
03-23-2007, 07:48 AM
He reminds me of Willis McGahee.

superbills
03-23-2007, 07:58 AM
He reminds me of Willis McGahee.

:machgun: FTP

superbills
03-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Actually, if utilized properly, Lynch could wind up to be more of a Tomlinson type guy. He has the skills to be a receiving back and if the coaching staff works that into the gameplan properly then he could be as complete of a back as LT.

Mr. Miyagi
03-23-2007, 09:13 AM
So, assuming your serious for a second...Ricky had a similar package, size, quicks, the whole deal. His head screwed him. Lynch doesnt have Ricky's issues.
Yes I am serious and yes that's exactly why. I did specify "without the personality disorder."