PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm, Oakland trading for Carr????

X-Era
03-22-2007, 10:30 PM
All heresay, but maybe Al finally pulls his head out of his bacside and gets smart.

David Carr is not a bad QB, never has been, IMO.

So why doesnt the Fresno St. boy head back to Cali with Oakland? They get a 27 year old, a QB with experince at the worst. Hes got a past with Kiffin (a coach at Fresno for the 1st 2 years of Carrs life).

The most intriguing part is that Oak could pass on Russell and take Calvin Johnson. Rumors say Oakland is enamored with him.

So in one fail swoop they add a young QB with experience and talent, and the best damn WR in the past decade...maybe (except for Evans :) )

Thats a way to turn a franchise around in a hurry if it works out. They also could then trade Randy Moss and get even more room to draft help.

If they were smart they would pull the trigger.

The beauty would be even more options for the Bills at 12. Why? well, Det could then take Russell, Cleveland would get Quinn who wants them and they supposedly want him, and Peterson drops.

Devin
03-22-2007, 10:34 PM
All heresay, but maybe Al finally pulls his head out of his bacside and gets smart.

David Carr is not a bad QB, never has been, IMO.

So why doesnt the Fresno St. boy head back to Cali with Oakland? They get a 27 year old, a QB with experince at the worst. Hes got a past with Kiffin (a coach at Fresno for the 1st 2 years of Carrs life).

The most intriguing part is that Oak could pass on Russell and take Calvin Johnson. Rumors say Oakland is enamored with him.

So in one fail swoop they add a young QB with experience and talent, and the best damn WR in the past decade...maybe (except for Evans :) )

Thats a way to turn a franchise around in a hurry if it works out. They also could then trade Randy Moss and get even more room to draft help.

If they were smart they would pull the trigger.

The beauty would be even more options for the Bills at 12. Why? well, Det could then take Russell, Cleveland would get Quinn who wants them and they supposedly want him, and Peterson drops.

Carr will be murdered behind that line.

X-Era
03-22-2007, 10:36 PM

So he'd need to use up...say...3 more of his 9 lives?

The Texans had a good line?

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Why give up something to trade for Carr when you can pick him up in FA after Houston cuts him? Houston has no choice.

Devin
No they didnt, Oaklands is even worse.

X-Era

To be honest, I think the Collins/Brooks/Walters combo with a backup in Jordan led to an o-line that looked worse than it was.

I think the right QB/WR/RB group would make this line much better, A.L.A New Orleans.

alohabillsfan
03-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Don't forget to throw in the putrid coaching staff that Green assembled in Oakland, which I believe was the most the reason for poor play. That offensive line played much better the year before.

Earthquake Enyart
03-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Who's to say that Quinn doesn't drop to us?

JoeMama
03-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Imagine if Oakland retains Randy Moss AND drafts Calvin Johnson.

You gotta figure that basically any old quarterback could look good in that situation.

Even David Carr.

Who I've never liked much as a quarterback.

He holds the ball too long, he doesn't have the intangibles, and he's not known as a team leader.

Basically he doesn't have "it" as a quarterback.

But hell, with Moss and Johnson?

That could be the QB friendly atmosphere required to resurrect a floundering career.

don137
03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
What the ramifications of this could mean is that if Oakland gets Carr and drafts Johnson then it is a very good chance either Quinn or Russell fall to Miami.

Don't Panic
03-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Oakland was one of the first places I thought about after the Texans got Schaubb, especially with Carr's link to Cali. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see it happen.

X-Era
03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Who's to say that Quinn doesn't drop to us?

If he does, it could be the greatest draft pick that we will never make!

Talk0fNewYork
03-23-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd love to see Calvin Johnson go #1, a guy with his abilities and personality deserves it.

Tinboy
03-23-2007, 08:39 AM
According to Adam Schefter Oakland might be looking to trade for Culpepper or Carr and draft Russell. Which makes perfect sense, let Russell in easy and an a tutoring year or two before he starts.

TigerJ
03-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I agree that Carr would be a good option for Oakland. If I'm Carr, I'm not real happy if my only option is another franchise stuck in the pits of hell. After five years of that, I could imagine that he'd like to experience something of the joy of victory rather that face more years of the agony of defeat.