PDA

View Full Version : Max, Kotalik and Connolly - The New 4th Line??

Ebenezer
03-23-2007, 12:50 AM
WGR interviewed Lindy Ruff yesterday regarding changing up line mates once the injured players return. Ruff said he had no plans of changing certain line combinations that have been playing well lately (e.g., Stafford, Roy, Vanek) when the playoffs start. He even suggested that Max, Kotalik and Connolly would be the 4th line. That got me to thinking. Could all three be out for the season and Ruff is just trying to plant an idea in opponents minds....or....Are the three of them ready to come back now but there is no need for them?? Think about it. The Sabres are just about to lock up the division and the conference. They could, with their remaining schedule which is not that bad, lock up home ice throughout with the line up they have. So, why risk those three to further injury?? Also, this would give the three of them time to really get used to being linemates - sort of get them ready to play without the injury factor....might be another reason they didn't use their salaries to pick up free agents...maybe they roll the three of them out for the last two games?

what do you think? would Lindy do that?

kgun12
03-23-2007, 04:16 AM
I can see Max And Kotalik being ready and maybe Connolly, if they did come back what a 4th line! If Connolly isn't ready Max Kotalik and Mare! That is still an amazing 4th line.

BTW who gets sent down and/or sits if they 2/3 0r all 3 come back?

MacArthur
Peters
Mair

I think stafford and Ryan are playing too well to sit.

SabreEleven
03-23-2007, 04:52 AM
Mair, not Mare, and you call yourself a Sabres fan :cynic:

LtFinFan66
03-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Mare kicks for the Fins......for now

YardRat
03-23-2007, 05:22 AM
Stafford isn't going anywhere...and the rosters get expanded for the playoffs, don't they?

Mitchy moo
03-23-2007, 06:20 AM
My god eb, that 4th line will send chills down opposing coaches spines.

SabreEleven
03-23-2007, 07:26 AM
and give us chubbies....

Ebenezer
03-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Stafford isn't going anywhere...and the rosters get expanded for the playoffs, don't they?
:shakeno: this isn't MLB.

don137
03-23-2007, 08:07 AM
I will really be surprised if Connolly comes back but if he does my goodness the Sabres will have four scoring lines. Incredible. This bodes well for games that go into overtime. When other teams are playing two to three lines the Sabres will put four lines out there all with the chance to score. It will help big time since the Sabres rolling four lines will be more fresh.

Ingtar33
03-23-2007, 10:14 AM
didn't tim and max play the same line last year... unless i've forgotten, but i recall those two tearing it up together.

JD
03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Well, as you know.. Lindy is one smart mother ****er. So i dont let anything past him lol

GThirst
03-23-2007, 05:50 PM
didn't tim and max play the same line last year... unless i've forgotten, but i recall those two tearing it up together.
Yea, in the playoffs the Connoly-Max-Kotalik line was awesome. Kotalik and Connoly played great together, which led Kotalik to a much better season than the one he is having now.