PDA

View Full Version : Kelsay And The New Guard Take The Reigns

Don't Panic
03-23-2007, 08:00 AM
http://wgr550.com/column.php?id=0452

This isn't to suggest Buffalo is ready to roar to the tune of a 12-4 run and unseat the Patriots. It isn't even to suggest draft picks will be enough to fill holes at running back, linebacker, corner and defensive tackle, but the first impression of the 2007 Bills is that of a team ready to put their imprint on Orchard Park, discarding the pictures of malcontents and underachievers.

Hallelujah.

OpIv37
03-23-2007, 08:02 AM
what new guard? We have 3 new players on offense and ZERO new players on defense.

Don't Panic
03-23-2007, 08:03 AM
New starters + draft picks = new players on defense.

madness
03-23-2007, 08:05 AM
It's an image fans abandoned a long time ago.

Talk0fNewYork
03-23-2007, 08:23 AM
what new guard? We have 3 new players on offense and ZERO new players on defense.You have to find a way to *****! This article is about our players coming together and doing what ever they can to produce for the fans and this city, and what do you do.......nothing but *****!

TacklingDummy
03-23-2007, 08:28 AM
You have to find a way to *****! This article is about our players coming together and doing what ever they can to produce for the fans and this city, and what do you do.......nothing but *****!

The 1984 and 1985 Buffalo Bills players were together also.

OpIv37
03-23-2007, 08:29 AM
You have to find a way to *****! This article is about our players coming together and doing what ever they can to produce for the fans and this city, and what do you do.......nothing but *****!

the title is misleading-that's all I'm saying. And if you really think that this D is going to be any better after losing 2 starters and gaining no one, you're being misled too.

Talk0fNewYork
03-23-2007, 08:44 AM
the title is misleading-that's all I'm saying. And if you really think that this D is going to be any better after losing 2 starters and gaining no one, you're being misled too.We already know it's not going to be a huge improvment, but a defense that was learning a new scheme, one that struggled with injuries (Spikes,Crowell,McCargo,McGee,Whitner, all missed games), and a defense starting 4 rookies (Whitner,Simpson,Williams,Ellison) So another year under the same system, with the same players and more experience is going to play better, thats all i'm saying.

OpIv37
03-23-2007, 08:49 AM
We already know it's not going to be a huge improvment, but a defense that was learning a new scheme, one that struggled with injuries (Spikes,Crowell,McCargo,McGee,Whitner, all missed games), and a defense starting 4 rookies (Whitner,Simpson,Williams,Ellison) So another year under the same system, with the same players and more experience is going to play better, thats all i'm saying.

there is a good chance they'll be improved cuz of the things you mentioned. I'm just not holding onto a lot of hope that it will be enough improvement. I really would have liked some action on the DL this off-season.

X-Era
03-23-2007, 08:54 AM
what new guard? We have 3 new players on offense and ZERO new players on defense.

I think by NEW we mean after casting off, malcontents and underachievers...see McGahee, Clements, Bledsoe, Moulds, Milloy, Vincent, Anderson, Reyes.

NEW, I think implies the new players with better team unity, heart, and a more never-quit attitude.

Do we have all the guardsmen for the new guard? NO. But there is a distinct new "flavor" in this team.

madness
03-23-2007, 11:34 AM
the title is misleading-that's all I'm saying. And if you really think that this D is going to be any better after losing 2 starters and gaining no one, you're being misled too.

It's not once you actually read the article and find out it's about leadership. Otherwise I'd just assume it's about a football player and the new security guy riding in a horse led carriage. Assuming is fun.