X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Peyton To Be On SNL This Week

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- "Saturday Night Live" is just another game for Peyton Manning.

He'll dress up, work with his teammates and audible at every opportunity. Then the Super Bowl MVP hopes it all works in perfect concert -- which, of course, it never does on live television. Or minus receivers Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

"The only thing I've done live is play football, and that's the best thing I do," Manning said. "I've told everyone those commercials are very taped and very edited, but being live is kind of like a game."

Manning has dared to dress up before, donning wigs and mustaches to poke fun at himself.

Thankfully, the straight-laced Indianapolis Colts quarterback with a mind that always seems immersed in football has always had someone there to protect his polished image.

This week, Manning must do it himself
  • superbills
    • Mar 2003

Re: Peyton To Be On SNL This Week

With Carrie Underwood
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

He's hosting?
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
        He's hosting?
        Looks like it.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

That should be interesting.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
            That should be interesting.
            "Hot damn I'm on this here Satuuuuuuuuuuuuuurdy Naght Live!"

Comment

• Gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

I remember when Joe Montana hosted
              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Carrie's hot, and I want to see if Peyton screws up. I'll definitely be watching this SNL episode.

Comment

Working...
                X