PDA

View Full Version : I have to strongly agree w/ Marvin Lewis here!

WG
03-10-2003, 10:13 AM
"No, Thornton got $22.5 million over six years for one reason and it’s because Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis thought the 26-year-old former Titan is on the verge of breaking out."

From the Bungals' site.

I really think we should have made a pitch for Thornton. I really do think he's the next Pat Williams emerging as he enters his prime and has improved significantly and steadily.

I sure hope this Adams thing works out. Otherwise, we may have to draft a DT and hope he's ready to start. That would be a bad weakness for us to have this season again, DT.

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2003, 10:17 AM
I did like thorton also. Hopefully we get adams otherwise we are again going to have a hole in the middle of our d.

colin
03-10-2003, 10:21 AM
We still have a pick for a DT.

And what is Chester McGlock doing? Or Russle?

ct bills fan
03-10-2003, 12:45 PM
I trust in GW and TD. If TD didn't bring Thorton in, GW must know something about him that doesn't make him a good fit. Gw should know him as well as anybody.

WG
03-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Well, Lewis was formerly in Thornton's division, so you have to give Lewis some credibility as well. I'm sure TD doesn't sit down at home and study players all night after he gets home. I'm sure he's relying on others to provide him w/ the on-field traits of each player for the most part.

Colin, if you mean Darrell Russell, I agree. McG is washed up. 35 I think this year, heavy, slower. He's lucky he made it this far given his frame/wt.

Typ0
03-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Adams really worries me. He looks to damn good on paper and he didn't play enough last season at all. I'm not sure he's going to be able to deliver what people think he promise's.