X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Patrick Willis on Sirius NFL Radio...

Anyone catch the interview? I heard bits and pieces. Can someone that heard it either sumarize what he said or maybe one of you computer wizards can post the interview from the radio. You would be today's hero in my book!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Patrick Willis on Sirius NFL Radio...

i heard it. i will post shorty
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

pat kirwan and carruci interviewed him.

it was a great interview..

things that stood out..

the guy referred to both kirwan and carruci as "Sir" after every statement. much like deion branch. very polite. well spoken.

his back ground. he grew up with his mother, aunt and uncle. he has 7 siblings. his brother just drownd prior to this past season. he says he felt like it effected the start of this season, in which he didnt play well, but after the georgia game, he turned it up a notch. he said he didnt even know about 2 siblings until he was at his brothers funeral this past summer. pretty crazy. but he seemed to handle it well.

carruci asked him what game exemplifies how he plays.. what was his best game.. his answer was awesome... he said.. LSU... and Auburn.. and vanderbuilt, and florida.. and kept going.. it made them laugh.. he was dead serious.. they loved it.. he said that after he dealt with his brother passing, he just went nuts on the field and felt he dominated the last 2/3rds of the season.. but he went as far as saying he had no excuse to play poorly to start the season.

they went over his combine and proday.. he said he felt he did well.

talked about the assignment calls.. said he wants to be the one making the calls because he trusts that he knows how to get all the guys in the right position for everyone to make the plays they need to. they went over coverages and what he would call and he nailed them all.

they talked about the cover 2.. he said he played it about half the time in college... he said he played weakside linebacker.. but feels that he is best at middle because he can cover anyone in the middle of the field. feels he has the speed to stay with anyone.. TEs, WRs, RBs.. doesnt matter.. he said he feels he is the total package.. he can knock you out.. he can blitz.. he can cover.. and he can eat up the run. obviously i am paraphrasing.. but that was the jist of it.

it was wierd.. he didnt come across as cocky.. just honest.. matter of fact like..

kirwan said he was looking forward to talking to him after the draft.. he said he was looking forward to just putting on an nfl jersey and giving his heart and soul on the field.

the guy is a stud.. he very well may not make it to pick 12.. atlanta has showed alot of interest he said. no mention of buffalo, but carruci mentioned us and he said he just wants to be picked and get to work.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
        pat kirwan and carruci interviewed him.

it was a great interview..

things that stood out..

the guy referred to both kirwan and carruci as "Sir" after every statement. much like deion branch. very polite. well spoken.

his back ground. he grew up with his mother, aunt and uncle. he has 7 siblings. his brother just drownd prior to this past season. he says he felt like it effected the start of this season, in which he didnt play well, but after the georgia game, he turned it up a notch. he said he didnt even know about 2 siblings until he was at his brothers funeral this past summer. pretty crazy. but he seemed to handle it well.

carruci asked him what game exemplifies how he plays.. what was his best game.. his answer was awesome... he said.. LSU... and Auburn.. and vanderbuilt, and florida.. and kept going.. it made them laugh.. he was dead serious.. they loved it.. he said that after he dealt with his brother passing, he just went nuts on the field and felt he dominated the last 2/3rds of the season.. but he went as far as saying he had no excuse to play poorly to start the season.

they went over his combine and proday.. he said he felt he did well.

talked about the assignment calls.. said he wants to be the one making the calls because he trusts that he knows how to get all the guys in the right position for everyone to make the plays they need to. they went over coverages and what he would call and he nailed them all.

they talked about the cover 2.. he said he played it about half the time in college... he said he played weakside linebacker.. but feels that he is best at middle because he can cover anyone in the middle of the field. feels he has the speed to stay with anyone.. TEs, WRs, RBs.. doesnt matter.. he said he feels he is the total package.. he can knock you out.. he can blitz.. he can cover.. and he can eat up the run. obviously i am paraphrasing.. but that was the jist of it.

it was wierd.. he didnt come across as cocky.. just honest.. matter of fact like..

kirwan said he was looking forward to talking to him after the draft.. he said he was looking forward to just putting on an nfl jersey and giving his heart and soul on the field.

the guy is a stud.. he very well may not make it to pick 12.. atlanta has showed alot of interest he said. no mention of buffalo, but carruci mentioned us and he said he just wants to be picked and get to work.
        Good job, Mr. T.!!!!
        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

Good job T...
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

The hell with Peterson or Lynch... If Patrick Willis is still there, I WANT HIM!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

no mention of buffalo
              ACK ! HE HATES US ! TO THE BRIDGE !
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                ACK ! HE HATES US ! TO THE BRIDGE !
                i would prefer that he didnt mention us, actually..

everytime the coaches mention someone.. it is a guarentee that we wont draft them.

Comment

• jpdex12
                  • Jan 2005

i would prefer that he didnt mention us, actually..

everytime the coaches mention someone.. it is a guarentee that we wont draft them.
                  Thanks Tonk! THat was great. I caught bits and pieces but you summarized it well. I hope to hell he is there at #12. He had a few injuries but nothing to worry about IMO. He has all of the tools that will make a great player in the NFL and a real teammate.

Willis in 1st!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                    Thanks Tonk! THat was great. I caught bits and pieces but you summarized it well. I hope to hell he is there at #12. He had a few injuries but nothing to worry about IMO. He has all of the tools that will make a great player in the NFL and a real teammate.

Willis in 1st!
                    I wouldn't mind having Willis as our #1 pick. I would sure hate to make the decision between Willis, Peterson or Okoye if all of them were still on the board. In my opinion, you go with Peterson because he is an elite talent who is destined to be a star. Plus, I truly believe that you can get an excellent LB in the 2nd, especially outside guys.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

He's gone by SF at 11.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                        I wouldn't mind having Willis as our #1 pick. I would sure hate to make the decision between Willis, Peterson or Okoye if all of them were still on the board. In my opinion, you go with Peterson because he is an elite talent who is destined to be a star. Plus, I truly believe that you can get an excellent LB in the 2nd, especially outside guys.
                        I hear ya, but he's got the character trait that Big Marv is looking for...oh boy!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                          I hear ya, but he's got the character trait that Big Marv is looking for...oh boy!
                          That's what makes that decision tough...they're all good character guys. Not one of them hurts your team or the character part.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Tell me you don't want that guy running your defense... and we're considering Lynch instead? I don't think so...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                              Tell me you don't want that guy running your defense... and we're considering Lynch instead? I don't think so...
                              I don't see Lynch as a possibility if one of those 3 guys are on the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X