03-23-2007, 07:07 PM
A-Train will be the guest by phone

Scumbag College
03-23-2007, 07:22 PM
It says figure skating is on. :limp:

BAM
03-23-2007, 07:28 PM
It's on ESPN NEWS...

BILLS FEATURE ON ESPN: Anyone in need of a Bills fix will want to tune into ESPNEWS tonight as the team will be featured during its Football Friday show. Anthony Thomas is scheduled to be a guest by phone tonight (Friday) at 8:30.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

BAM
03-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Nate Clements is on the phone right now.

W1DER1GHT
03-23-2007, 07:34 PM
I think my TV is messed up, I can't understand anything he's saying.....it sounds like he's got a mouth full of money. Nate is full of :bs:

Of course I'm not bitter or anything........

BAM
03-23-2007, 07:35 PM
All I got out of that was we're definitely gonna make the playoffs or some gibberish.

A-Train's up after the break.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-23-2007, 07:55 PM
they said

1st round- Leon Hall
2nd round- Antonio Pittman
3rd round- Brandon Siler

No mention of the other 3rd from the Ravens.. They still think the Bills suck, then again its ESPN so what else is new..

BAM
03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow. Actually a semi-lengthy segment on the Bills there...

Nothing new though.

They started by showing the Bills "Play of the Year" which they said was the Roscoe Parrish punt return vs. the Jaguars.

Then Todd McShay came on and said despite all the rumors of the Bills taking a RB in the first round, they would most likely not do so. He even said that taking Lynch at 12 would be a reach. :confused:

McShay thinks we will end up drafting Leon Hall from Michigan as he is the only elite CB in this years' draft. He then said there is good value for RB in round 2, especially Pittman from OSU. For round 3, he had us taking LB Brandon Siler from Florida.

They then said that our recent additions do not outweigh the subtractions, yada yada yada and the Bills are not any better than last year at this point.

Then A-Train got on the phone. What surprised me here was that they said he had been penciled in as the Bills starter. News to me. They asked him about the Fred Jackson article from BB.com in which he was pumped about the season and A-Train told them the Bills had informed him they were going to use more than 1 guy and would go with whoever was hot.

That's about it.

Talk0fNewYork
03-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Waste of my time.

justasportsfan
03-23-2007, 08:09 PM
just as I thought. Clueless. They were mentioned a couple of times , "on the bills website , Jackson blah,blah blah".

They actually have to go to bb.com to get info. DUH!!!! National media is clueless. They even had a cheat sheet to read.

Oh well.

Carlton Bailey
03-23-2007, 08:45 PM
ESPN is flat-out embarrassing. They've gone from great to a joke in the span of a few years. It's obvious the Worldwide Leader in **** doesn't do the proper research. They acted like Willis McGahee is Jim Brown and that the Bills are a joke. And no, Fletcher isn't Ray Lewis, and Clements isn't Champ Bailey. ESPN seems to think so, though.

By the way, how big of a tool is Mark Schlereth?

Jersey1031
03-23-2007, 08:58 PM
ESPN is flat-out embarrassing. They've gone from great to a joke in the span of a few years. It's obvious the Worldwide Leader in **** doesn't do the proper research. They acted like Willis McGahee is Jim Brown and that the Bills are a joke. And no, Fletcher isn't Ray Lewis, and Clements isn't Champ Bailey. ESPN seems to think so, though.

[~HOLLA!~]

justasportsfan
03-23-2007, 09:03 PM
"they lost Willis Mcgahee and he'll be hard to replace." "their running game struggled last year." DUH!!!!

Yup, his 990 yards will be hard to replace. :coocoo:

If those idiots did their homework they would've known that Willis 3.8 ypc and the A=train 3.7 ypc. So how hard would it to replace Willis again?

Scumbag College
03-23-2007, 09:03 PM
They should just lose the SPN because it's pretty much E! now. Favre is great, Manning is great, Parcells and TO blah blah blah. No meaningful analysis or insight, and from what's posted here no real research done. It's basically just star ****ing for sports.

I'll stick with Billszone, kffl, and ourlads for my football news.

Don't Panic
03-23-2007, 09:56 PM
they said

1st round- Leon Hall
2nd round- Antonio Pittman
3rd round- Brandon Siler

No mention of the other 3rd from the Ravens.. They still think the Bills suck, then again its ESPN so what else is new..

Hall and Pittman will never happen, Siler will be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd and DOESN'T FIT OUR SYSTEM! I am slowly becoming convinced that no one in the national media knows what defense we run. I know its hard to keep up on 32 teams and all, but come on...

patmoran2006
03-23-2007, 10:09 PM
blahblahblah..
read between the lines..

1- They dont think very much of the Bills.. why would they? seriously, before you flame me, give me ONE good reason why anyone other than a bills fan themself would feel good about the bills chances? instead of attacking me, try answering that for once..

2- sad sad sad.. the best we could do to represent the bills is have anthony ****in thomas on ?

3- Leon hall.. hhahahah.. we pick him.. I will blast this team to no end.. and most of you would WANT to do the same, but you werent hurt your precious little "rep" points.. Hall is the worst pick for this team PERIOD

Bert102176
03-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Leon Hall is a piece of crap and I don't want that garbage here

Don't Panic
03-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Its not that he's a bad corner, its that it makes no sense to use our 1st round draft pick on him. If CB was our ONLY need, then maybe I'd go Leon Hall. But I would take a RB, LB, OL, DL and WR before I took a CB.

patmoran2006
03-23-2007, 10:31 PM
If levy drafts Leon Hall I will immediately send him some Adult Depends... I dont care if I get 10,000 groans.. what a joke that would be.. Lets lose our best corner and then draft a corner to replace him first, after resigning K thomas, after the fact we play a cover two, and never mind the 'real' holes.

ZacGriffi~82
03-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I think you can relax Pat, we didn't even have a scout at the Michigan Pro Day.

Bmax
03-23-2007, 11:05 PM
I would take Revis over Hall any day.............

Bmax

camelcowboy
03-24-2007, 12:17 AM
No leon Hall God darn it, McShaw you sellout tool :mad: Leon Hall is the anti-christ, he drowns kittens for amusement. Very bad man.

http://www1.chapman.edu/~hoshi103/image/seinfeld/024_babu_angry.png

Pinkerton Security
03-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Im pretty sure if he died of gonorrhea and burned in hell for all eternity our world would be a better place, if only for the fact that we wouldnt have to listen to him talking like he knows anything about football other than linemen. he was on a great line for a great team, but shut up dude, get a real last name, and stick to talking about linemen.

im pretty sure every single person on here knows more about the game than him.

venis2k1
03-24-2007, 03:22 AM
if we pick leon hall, its gonna be hard to get excited about this team next year.

ParanoidAndroid
03-24-2007, 06:29 AM
It's not going to be Hall. You need a killer at linebacker in a cover-2. We don't have one...or at least, we won't have one until we take Patrick Willis.

John Doe
03-24-2007, 09:27 AM
If levy drafts Leon Hall I will immediately send him some Adult Depends... I dont care if I get 10,000 groans.. what a joke that would be.. Lets lose our best corner and then draft a corner to replace him first, after resigning K thomas, after the fact we play a cover two, and never mind the 'real' holes.

What you seem to be saying is that losing Clements is no big deal and that there is no "hole" at cornerback.

camelcowboy
03-24-2007, 10:25 AM
What you seem to be saying is that losing Clements is no big deal and that there is no "hole" at cornerback. At twelve taking a corner in this draft class would be aweful pick. Trade down or take one in the later rounds.

Talk0fNewYork
03-24-2007, 11:59 AM
It's not going to be Hall. You need a killer at linebacker in a cover-2. We don't have one...or at least, we won't have one until we take Patrick Willis.Do you forget about Crowell being the ****ing beast that he is?

OpIv37
03-24-2007, 12:07 PM
while I agree that CB would be a horrible first draft pick, I don't understand all the hate for Hall.

patmoran2006
03-24-2007, 02:58 PM
What you seem to be saying is that losing Clements is no big deal and that there is no "hole" at cornerback.
no Im saying we used a first day draft pick last year on one (YOuboty) knowing Clements would walk after this season.. WE also resigned Thomas, and in a cover two a CB isnt as important as it is in other defense.

If Jerry Gray was still our coordinator, and we ran a diff defense with a ton of blitz packages, then a corner would make more sense.

On top of that, I hate Hall.. He got abused by OSU and USC.. Too much for my liking .

Personally, Ifeel that should've made a run at Nick Harper (didnt even interview him to my knowlege- who is a good cover two corner and would put a hell of a lot pressure on Youboty to develop).

ShadowHawk7
03-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Agreed, but what did you actually expect from ESPN? What would it take from them to please you all? There isn't anything they can say about the draft or the Bills that BillsZone hasn't really thought of.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Agreed, but what did you actually expect from ESPN? What would it take from them to please you all? There isn't anything they can say about the draft or the Bills that BillsZone hasn't really thought of.

What would please me would be if they recognized that the Bills run defense was awful last year and that M.Levy has talked, in more than one interview, about needed to get better play from the DT and LB positions to improve the run D and made that one of his offseason priorities.

Yes, the Bills lost N.Clements in free agency, but they also lost L.Fletcher-Baker as well. And, while the Bills drafted A.Youboty in the 3rd Round last season to groom as a replacement for Clements, they have done nothing to address the needs that Levy has pointed out at DT and LB. So, how do they think the Bills intend to address those needs? It would please me a great deal if they did not miss the obvious answer!

I'll give them credit for having enough logic to figure out that taking a RB at # 12 might not be the best move when the Bills have needs on defense and a RB can be gotten later in the draft, but they failed to extend that logic (or get enough information that is readily available) to figuring out which positions on the defense the team might see as its biggest priorities. And, what makes things worse is that, given the fact that they were getting so much information from BB.com and C.Brown's blogs, they missed the fact that there has been little mention of any CB prospects on BB.com, while C.Brown has numerous posts on his blog about Okoye and Willis (even Lynch, Peterson and Branch).

Finally, it only makes sense that, after spending money in free agency in an effort to fix the team's weakest area--its offensive line, the Bills would use the draft to address the team's next biggest weakness--which even a cursory look at the stats from last season would show is the run defense. Drafting a CB at # 12 does not accomplish that--drafting a DT or LB would be a start in that direction if they do not address their need for a RB at that spot. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, but apparently the folks at Bristol Clown College missed it entirely--and that hardly speaks well of their competence as analysts.

ParanoidAndroid
03-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Do you forget about Crowell being the ****ing beast that he is?

Crowell is sweet, but not dominant.