• Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Looks like the Lions won't go with Joe Thomas in round one

Lions | Team close to reaching an agreement with Mulitalo
    Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:32:58 -0700

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports the Detroit Lions are close to reaching an agreement with free-agent OG Edwin Mulitalo (Ravens). The Lions and Mulitalo have discussed a three-year contract.

Lions | Team signs Piller
    Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:29:21 -0700

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports the Detroit Lions have signed free-agent OG Zach Piller (Titans) to a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

There O-line will look like this George Foster-Edwin Mulitalo-Damien Woody-Zach Piller-Jeff Backus..........verrrrrrry good O-line

Brady Quinn? Calvin Johnson? Gaines Adams? This could dramatically change the draft
  • Talk0fNewYork
    ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
    • Jan 2007

Re: Looks like the Lions won't go with Joe Thomas in round one

Martz will pray they take Calvin Johnson, sad thing is they'll look smart for taking another reciever.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I can still see them taking Thomas.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

calvin is going to oakland.

no team in their right mind can pass on him.

and detriot will have to take a qb.

cleveland will take a qb too.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by casdhf
          I can still see them taking Thomas.
          they don't need him....i can see them possibly taking a center or an o-lineman in the last 2 rounds but nothing more...they have great depth at o-line too

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

That still isn't a good O-line. They'd better take Thomas, for their own sake.

Comment

• Mr.Reality
              • Nov 2002

Roy Williams and John Kitna are publicly lobbying for Johnson in the Detroit papers. For whatever that's worth. I think it is a very real possibility. Martz and Kitna have some kind of unhealthy man-love for each other going on. They might draft a QB, but I don't really think it'll be on account of Martz. He thinks he can get it done with Kitna. He LOVES Kitna for some reason. Kitna's biggest attribute is that he's happy to be a Lion. I think if Martz has any kind of say in the matter at all, they'll take Johnson.

But Millen is unpredictable. He rarely takes the obvious need guy. Usually he takes the guy who he thinks will get the biggest headlines. He might think Brady Quinn is just what this offense needs. Or he might get a hair up his ass and imagine the possibilities of Adrian Peterson. You never really know.

There is a slim chance they will trade down if you go with the logical approach. The Lions still have a zillion holes to fill and trading down would be the quickest way to do it. You'd still get an instant starter. He just wouldn't be "the best guy in the draft". But you might get another 2nd rounder which, on the Lions, is a borderline starter from day one, so you get maybe three starters instead of two.

But this is not how Millen thinks. He thinks big splash. Big name. Hollywood lights. In Johnson he gets the best of both worlds: best player and a big smash publicity hit. That is, if the Raiders don't take him. Johnson is probably the Lions most likely guy.

If the Raiders take Johnson, the Lions will probably take Brady Quinn.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

The line is set for a rookie QB, so I think Quinn will be the pick.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

i think they go with CJ or j.russell.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

If Johnson falls to the Lions, and they pass on him, Millen should be fired instantly.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Yeah lol Millen better not be gun shy about drafting Johnson. I know he has taken flak about drafting receivers but this kid is a stud.

Comment

• evol4276
                        • Oct 2005

this draft is a lot more fun than last years.. id laugh my ass off if millen takes another wr in the first round.. same with the falcons.. tho johnson proll wont last to the falcoons

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Detroit should pick Johnson and then shop him. Williams and Furrey have it covered. Tampa just might give up their first and second for him or Atlanta might bite and end up handing over their entire day one draft.

Comment

• dolphan117
                            • Dec 2005

I dont think this necessarily says anything about whether or not they take Thomas.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

If Millen has a brain in his head at all he will trade down. If Johnson or one of the QB is available that pick will be worth a lot. He can drop down a couple picks and still get a player who will really help him, plus additional help later on.

Detriot needs a lot, especially on the OL and defense. They should deal down a couple slots and take Thomas or Adams and stockpile picks later on.

BTW, both those guys are pure OG, which they need. Thomas is a tackle they can pair with Backus to give them solid bookends.

Comment

Working...
                              X