PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Allows Whitner To Remake Himself

Don't Panic
03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4678

I think he and Simpson are going to make a big jump in production this year. I expect Whitner to be in on a lot of stops and Simpson to get more picks, as both become more comfortable and aggressive in the scheme.

ublinkwescore
03-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Me too.

I think Whitner is gonna get more picks this year too - I'd say about 4.

patmoran2006
03-23-2007, 10:11 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4678

I think he and Simpson are going to make a big jump in production this year. I expect Whitner to be in on a lot of stops and Simpson to get more picks, as both become more comfortable and aggressive in the scheme.
he better.. He was the 8th pick in the entire draft; he isnt supposed to be just another starter or a decent player.. He's supposed to be an impact player.

mikemac2001
03-23-2007, 11:13 PM
he better.. He was the 8th pick in the entire draft; he isnt supposed to be just another starter or a decent player.. He's supposed to be an impact player.

Another starter is better then a bust...which happens alot in the top 10

so dont be so negative.

patmoran2006
03-24-2007, 12:34 AM
horse ****.

You go out on a limb and draft someone 8th overall, he should be more than just a "starter"

jamze132
03-24-2007, 02:24 AM
horse ****.

You go out on a limb and draft someone 8th overall, he should be more than just a "starter"
He was arguably the best rookie DB last season.

ParanoidAndroid
03-24-2007, 06:40 AM
horse ****.

You take yourself way too seriously in here.

patmoran2006
03-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I never in this thread said anything bad about Whitner's play. He played pretty good as a rookie last year.

All i was saying is that when a team puts that much faith in you that they draft you much higher than most people anticpated, a Top 8 pick to boot; that you should be more than just a decent safety (and I didnt say he wouldnt be)

A top 8 pick means they see you as a Bob Sanders, Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu impact player-- not a run of the mill dime a dozen safety.

justasportsfan
03-24-2007, 09:00 AM
most of our rookies did a decent job considering the circumstances. They were all dumped in there and did fairly well compared to their predecessors. Milloy who?

Even in the games we lost against better teams we were a play or two away from winning them , compared to the year before . IMO, that means that even they though they were very raw, they were taught and prepared well by the coaches. That wasn't the case the year before under Moolarkey. It was the opposite especially with JP. He was set up to fail and be killed.

Now it's Youboty's turn and I think he'll do well as long as the DL steps up. I'm also optimistic that our coaches will do the same with the new rookies.

gr8slayer
03-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Hopefully we can get our run D figured out and Whitner won't have to make so many tackles.

Don't Panic
03-24-2007, 10:35 AM
I agree justa... having a good D line should definitely give Youboty the chance to shine. We don't want to put too much pressure on him in his first year out there. That's the one thing that keeps me open to Okoye over Willis. We need to get penetration from our front four this year.

jamesiscool
03-24-2007, 10:38 AM
horse ****.

he's not mike williams. thats all i ask for in a top 10 pick.

patmoran2006
03-24-2007, 11:27 AM
he's not mike williams. thats all i ask for in a top 10 pick.
Good expectations..

ublinkwescore
03-25-2007, 04:50 AM
most of our rookies did a decent job considering the circumstances. They were all dumped in there and did fairly well compared to their predecessors. Milloy who?

Even in the games we lost against better teams we were a play or two away from winning them , compared to the year before . IMO, that means that even they though they were very raw, they were taught and prepared well by the coaches. That wasn't the case the year before under Moolarkey. It was the opposite especially with JP. He was set up to fail and be killed.

Now it's Youboty's turn and I think he'll do well as long as the DL steps up. I'm also optimistic that our coaches will do the same with the new rookies.

Excellent post - I'm very optimistic about getting McCargo back, and can't wait to see how Williams does next season as well - if McCargo shows us why he was a first round selection, and if Williams improves (which he should), I think it's very possible that we could have a pleasant surprise on our hands regarding the D.

I hope we take Marshawn Lynch with #12 - unless Marv is pretty damn convinced that we can trade down and get him (ie - Adrian Peterson is still on the board when we draft).