PDA

View Full Version : New team, new start for Ravens' McGahee

Don't Panic
03-25-2007, 09:55 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.mcgahee25mar25,0,1605085.story?track=tbd

Highlights:

Last season ended and McGahee left Buffalo, N.Y., immediately. "I couldn't wait to get out of there," the running back says. He rushed home to Miami and left his visiting mother in Buffalo to tie up loose ends. McGahee had no doubt that his time with the Bills was over, even though another year remained on his contract.

Ten weeks later, his agent called and told McGahee a trade to Baltimore was complete. "I was yelling and [stuff], running through the whole house, screaming, 'Yes! Yes!'" he says. "It was such a relief."

"The better you do, the more fame you get. So you know, it was like, I was used to that. And then you get to Buffalo and no matter how you do, it's the same. It's no big city. You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games."

Easily my least favorite person to ever wear a Bills jersey.

YardRat
03-25-2007, 10:00 AM
What a PIA. I really hope A-train or whoever we get outperforms him this year.

Jersey1031
03-25-2007, 10:04 AM
"You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games."

Because his brain is the size of a peanut! The University of Miami, what a joke. Talk about social promotions, most of their football team is made up of guys with 3rd grade reading levels...

Don't Panic
03-25-2007, 10:07 AM
I undestand that Buffalo is a place that requires a certain discipline to live there, but the Bills gave this kid a chance that few else would have. Its unbelievable. I am so happy he is no longer with us.

Illmatic15
03-25-2007, 10:12 AM
umm, all he did was party all day in Toronto at Vince Carters night club wth about 10 girls on him....

justasportsfan
03-25-2007, 10:21 AM
the playstation kept him out of trouble. Baltimores night life will screw him up.

After all is said and done, Willis = Robosack. They both hated buffalo and couldn't wait to leave. As soon as they left they start trashing the city .

He said he wanted to stay when asking for an extension blah,blah,blah. Obviously he lied.

He makes the Kelsay signing look so much sweeter. At least he wanted to stay.

I'm not one to wish a former bills player to fail when they leave except for Robosack. Make that 2 now.

venis2k1
03-25-2007, 10:24 AM
its hard not to hate him.

Pinkerton Security
03-25-2007, 10:31 AM
holy crap, i hope somehow ray lewis accidentally shoots his own teammate. what a piece of garbage he is, an utter waste of god given talent.

Don't Panic
03-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Having had a lot of late nights in both downtown Baltimore and Buffalo, I really don't even get what he means. For pure "clubbing" enjoyment, Chippewa beats anything Baltimore has, hands down. He can't even get that part right!

justasportsfan
03-25-2007, 10:48 AM
For pure "clubbing" enjoyment, Chippewa beats anything Baltimore has, hands down. He can't even get that part right!
I would disagree. Buffalo can be wild, but there's more to do in bigger cities like Toronto and Baltimore . Baltimore's got one huge night scene but it's nearly as safe as partying in TO.

Don't Panic
03-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I would disagree. Buffalo can be wild, but there's more to do in bigger cities like Toronto and Baltimore . Baltimore's got one huge night scene but it's nearly as safe as partying in TO.

Power Plant Live is what I would guess you're referring to... I don't know, I had much better times in Chippewa than I have there. I like the scene down ehre better, but for straight clubs, Buffalo blows them away. Of course, I was a little younger when I used to hit Buffalo, so that may have something to do with it. Anyway, I'm sure that McGahee will have no trouble finding trouble down here.

Historian
03-25-2007, 11:27 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.mcgahee25mar25,0,1605085.story?track=tbd

Highlights:

I would rank him fourth behind Rod Kush, Ronnie Harmon, and Chris Burkett.

Overall winner would obviously be Tom Donahoe.

justasportsfan
03-25-2007, 11:28 AM
okay . Who here has a Willis jersey? :snicker:

TacklingDummy
03-25-2007, 11:43 AM
You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games

Well, I guess we know why he didn't study his playbook. He was to busy trying to get past 10 lines in Tetris.

Michael82
03-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Wow! Now he can officially go to hell! I had no clue he felt that way and that really pisses me off! Anyone else going to bring their McGahee jerseys to Buffalo for the Ravens game to sacrifice it to the football gods? :mad: :curse:

**** you, Willis! :mad:

Nighthawk
03-25-2007, 12:30 PM
This guy is a complete jerkoff! I'm in the recruiting business and if I ever interviewed somebody and they complained up & down about their old employer like he has, then I wouldn't hire that person. It shows that he cannot take blame for his own failures and needs to blame something else to make himself feel better. The more he talks, the less respect I have for him.

Don't Panic
03-25-2007, 12:45 PM
The irony is that in all that time playing Madden he never realized that, even in a video game, he's garbage!

The Answer
03-25-2007, 01:36 PM

Highlights:

What goes around comes around - McFagee will no doubt get whats coming to him, hopefully in the form of a blown ACL in week 1.

~The Answer

jamesiscool
03-25-2007, 03:03 PM
what are the chances that we are guna be playing the ravens again this year..... i know thats a stretch but is it possible? im not ddown with how the schedule works.

if we do his ass is grass. i hope that schobel wrecks him and both his knees.

James

Michael82
03-25-2007, 03:08 PM
what are the chances that we are guna be playing the ravens again this year..... i know thats a stretch but is it possible? im not ddown with how the schedule works.

if we do his ass is grass. i hope that schobel wrecks him and both his knees.

James
We have Willis McGahee and the Ravens coming to Buffalo this year! :up:

2007 opponents:
Home: Bengals, Cowboys, Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Patriots, Ravens, Broncos
Away: Browns, Dolphins, Eagles, Jets, Patriots, Redskins, Steelers, Jaguars

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/20042009Schedule.jsp

feldspar
03-25-2007, 03:16 PM
McGahee just proves again and again what an idiot he truely is.

I mean the man just does not know when to keep his mouth shut.

If he was that bored, maybe he should have opened his play book.

jamesiscool
03-25-2007, 03:43 PM

2007 opponents:

thanks mikey,

so now we have no excuse. if only we had lindy ruff on the sidelines we could send out our goons whenever willis gets on the field. if lindy can do it dick can.

i hope we are the ones that get to tear his knee to shreds. he had no right to throw his team mates and this organization under the bus. we gave him the opportunity to be an elite NFL player by drafting him in the first. we let him WIN the staring job and unseat travis henry in the making.

we GAVE him everything that he has today. and all he's given us is proven that he's just another punkass boy from the U. i have no respect for him. respect is earned.

James

bigbub2352
03-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Willis, Willis, Willis, i think it is funny that this punk who comes from the university of probation is runnning his mouth, u got the trade and u r in a bigger market just shut up and play, oh yeah there is a problem with that, u r overatted and u moved to one of the biggest crime sespools in the nation I have been to Baltimore many times, and it aint no paradise, watch the show the WIRE on HBO, that is what most of Baltimore looks like, then they got a 10 mile area of nice stuff were there stadium is, and there stadium for being newer sucks too, **** the Ravens

have fun partying in that amazing innerharbor district, were if u take a step to your left or right u r surrounded by homeless, prostitutes, and drug dealers, with pregnant strippers and doorman who loook like mug shots from a police lineup, gee must be so happy to reunite yourself with fellow criminal(murderer) Ray Lewis, and your other delinquent "u" buddies,

We gave u a shot and made u a millianaire befroe u ever play a down in the NFL, this is how u treat the team that did that for u, typical ignorant *******, go have a few more illagites piece of ****, top ten my ass, another typical moron from the "U" for every 1 good player that comes out of there, the jails fill up with 10 former players, u mean to tell me the NCAA cant investigate that ****ing school

this is the officail i hate WILLIS McGahee thread now!!!!!!!!

ok i feel better lol

The Answer
03-25-2007, 04:01 PM

2007 opponents:

It'd be nice to have a 'soft' schedule sometime this decade - never going to be easy for this team, but then again considering the strenght of the AFC East and AFC in general The Answer supposes it's to be expected.

~The Answer

SABuffalo786
03-25-2007, 05:41 PM
What a waste of life that animal is.

Here's hoping he gets caught in the crossfire of a Baltimore drug dealer turf war.

Jeff1220
03-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Power Plant Live is what I would guess you're referring to... I don't know, I had much better times in Chippewa than I have there. I like the scene down ehre better, but for straight clubs, Buffalo blows them away. Of course, I was a little younger when I used to hit Buffalo, so that may have something to do with it. Anyway, I'm sure that McGahee will have no trouble finding trouble down here.

Haven't you been to Fells Point, Canton, Federal Hill? Those places are more "nightlife" in Baltimore than Power Plant Live. Power Plant Live has only been around for a few years...on a little bit of a smaller scale, Fells has been to Baltimore what Buckhead has been to Atlanta.

Night Train
03-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I never knew whether to cross reference the Ebonics or Marble Mouth Dictionary to figure out what the hell he was saying.

We now return to the English language.

SABURZFAN
03-25-2007, 06:08 PM

Highlights:

:laughter:

that explains why he didn't know the playbook.i bet he doesn't understand the playbook on Madden either.

POS......... :down:

don137
03-25-2007, 06:10 PM
I never felt he was a true part of the team and was more about himself. Like I said many times, he lacked vision, stuttered at the line of scrimmage resulting in the holes closing and not strong at blitz pickup. He has the physical tools but the mental part of the game on and off the field is his weakness. I will be truly surprised if he does well in Baltimore.
Marv is about character guys. WM and class are oxymorons.

justasportsfan
03-25-2007, 06:49 PM
It'd be nice to have a 'soft' schedule sometime this decade - never going to be easy for this team, but then again considering the strenght of the AFC East and AFC in general The Answer supposes it's to be expected.

~The Answer
the 9-7 season was easy. We just sucked .

TigerJ
03-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Willis Turd

Talk0fNewYork
03-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I would rank him fourth behind Rod Kush, Ronnie Harmon, and Chris Burkett.

Overall winner would obviously be Tom Donahoe.
Don't forget Chris Watson

feldspar
03-25-2007, 10:12 PM
During the years that I lived in Buffalo, I'm pretty sure I saw restaurants other than Applebee's, a TGI Fridays, and the new Dave & Busters.

And to totally put down our women like that...

Add Willis to my hated Bills running backs list right behind OJ. He couldn't do a better job being hated around here if he tried.

Talk0fNewYork
03-25-2007, 10:15 PM
During the years that I lived in Buffalo, I'm pretty sure I saw restaurants other than Applebee's, a TGI Fridays, and the new Dave & Busters.

And to totally put down our women like that...

Add Willis to my hated Bills running backs list right behind OJ. He couldn't do a better job being hated around here if he tried.OJ was a murderer and I still have more respect than I have for Mcgahee.

Al13
03-26-2007, 05:58 AM
OJ was a murderer and I still have more respect than I have for Mcgahee.

actually he still IS

LtFinFan66
03-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Left his mom in Buffalo and rolled :rofl:

LtFinFan66
03-26-2007, 06:11 AM
the playstation kept him out of trouble. Baltimores night life will screw him up.

After all is said and done, Willis = Robosack. They both hated buffalo and couldn't wait to leave. As soon as they left they start trashing the city .

He said he wanted to stay when asking for an extension blah,blah,blah. Obviously he lied.

He makes the Kelsay signing look so much sweeter. At least he wanted to stay.

I'm not one to wish a former bills player to fail when they leave except for Robosack. Make that 2 now.Since I am clearly uninformed.....who is Robosack:idunno: (Rob Johnson would be my guess??)

trapezeus
03-26-2007, 10:54 AM

Highlights:

that's a bold statement since OJ wore a bills jersey too. but i agree, this guy isn't about the game. he's only about the fame and money. and as the case for everyone who follows things only for the money and the fame, they make poor choices and are undependable.

SABuffalo786
03-26-2007, 11:31 AM
OJ's a murderer but at least he was an okay guy when he played here, yeah?

McGahee is just South Florida Scum. Hope his house down there in Miami gets Katrina-ed with him in it VERY soon.

The King
03-26-2007, 11:36 AM
McGahee never disguised he was selfish this crap came out when he "tricked" Buffalo into taking him. The best way to shut him up is to have us kick Baltimores ass In the wild card this year....eh I can dream

Don't Panic
03-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Haven't you been to Fells Point, Canton, Federal Hill? Those places are more "nightlife" in Baltimore than Power Plant Live. Power Plant Live has only been around for a few years...on a little bit of a smaller scale, Fells has been to Baltimore what Buckhead has been to Atlanta.

Thos aren't clubs, those are bars. They have more in common with Elmwood and Allentown or the Main St. strip (by UB) than Chippewa. Buckhead is more Chippewa than Fell's IMO. You won't see McGahee (or many other Ravens) in Fell's, Canton or Fed Hill.

Bigbub, I live in the city limits and my neighborhood is nothing like the Wire. Don't get me wrong, those areas do exist, but this is a pretty diverse city. We actually have a lot in common with Buffalo as far as neighborhoods go (I work in Baltimore's Cheektavegas for example), but there is definitely more slum/ghetto than I ever saw in Buffalo. Still, there are a lot more old and nice (think Gates Circle) neighbooods in this city than there are in Buffalo too. It's just a much bigger city.

Captain gameboy
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Wow.
What a statement.
A kid in his early 20's with a windfall of $ and he can't think of anything to do but play video games.

Forget community service-probably not smart enough.

How about studying the play book?

The more I see from this goof the more I realize the tragedy that the TD era was.

The whiff on Mike Williams was a bit understandable. He was supposed to be a great character guy.
But Willis? How could he miss those signs?

My feelings about him have gone from ambivalence to disdain and now to pity.
The clown doesn't have the mental ability to be taken seriously.
He is a 10 year old.