PDA

View Full Version : Do me a favor and go back and look at Ottawa 2nd half of last year

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Good example...look at Ottawa at this time last year they were playing the same way that the Sabres are playing now and they didn't have half their farm team with them either! and they still won the Eastern Conference and the Division. This team will be fine! nobody is going to catch us! Brad Riter from WGR55 says that the Sabres can still play .500 from here on out and still win our division and the Eastern Conference nothing to worry about! The Sabres are just trying not to get anyone else injured and get the injured players back for the playoffs. Take a deep breath and get ready for the playoffs.

RockStar36
03-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Good example...look at Ottawa at this time last year they were playing the same way that the Sabres are playing now and they didn't have half their farm team with them either! and they still won the Eastern Conference and the Division. This team will be fine! nobody is going to catch us! Brad Riter from WGR55 says that the Sabres can still play .500 from here on out and still win our division and the Eastern Conference nothing to worry about! The Sabres are just trying not to get anyone else injured and get the injured players back for the playoffs. Take a deep breath this team is going to fine.

While I'm not worried, I feel the need to bring up that Ottawa got embarrassed and bounced from the playoffs in the 2nd round. So if the Sabres this year are the Sens from last year, that does make me worry.

YardRat
03-25-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't want to be like Ottawa last year...I'd prefer to be Carolina.

Carlton Bailey
03-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Ottawa last year, and this year, had no heart. We do.

Nighthawk
03-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Good example...look at Ottawa at this time last year they were playing the same way that the Sabres are playing now and they didn't have half their farm team with them either! and they still won the Eastern Conference and the Division. This team will be fine! nobody is going to catch us! Brad Riter from WGR55 says that the Sabres can still play .500 from here on out and still win our division and the Eastern Conference nothing to worry about! The Sabres are just trying not to get anyone else injured and get the injured players back for the playoffs. Take a deep breath and get ready for the playoffs.

Terrible point! The Sens got knocked out of the playoffs by us last year! What is your point????

Typ0
03-25-2007, 05:40 PM
While I'm not worried, I feel the need to bring up that Ottawa got embarrassed and bounced from the playoffs in the 2nd round. So if the Sabres this year are the Sens from last year, that does make me worry.

the team is not playing reserved to avoid injuries...that's when injuries happen. the guys have to play the way they know how to play.

SABuffalo786
03-26-2007, 09:00 AM
What a terrible comparison to make.

ddaryl
03-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm worried... and I think the Sabres need to get there heads out of their asses pretty damn soon or it will be a short playoff season and a long offseason.

This team is not playing at the intensity level worthy of a Stanley Cup contender., and they've been playing inconsitently since just before the allstar break IMO.

Glad Miller spoke up, but now its up to Lindy to whip these boys back into their potential.

Ottowa never makes it to the Cup so why would I care what Ottowa did or has ever did in comparison to the what I expect from the Sabres.

SABuffalo786
03-26-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't like our recent play at all but lest we forget this same team lost of 7 of 8 games late last March before going into the playoffs.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until they're in a 2-0 hole in the first round.