Giants & Eagles are the teams interested in Spikes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Giants & Eagles are the teams interested in Spikes.

Wow, all it would take would be a mid-to-late round draft pick. Hmmm, that doesn't seem to make sense. You're not getting any value for him, so why wouldn't the Bills just keep him and not create another hole to fill? Seems like a team that doesn't have a good chance of competing with so many holes to fill.

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Giants & Eagles are the teams interested in Spikes.

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    You're not getting any value for him, so why wouldn't the Bills just keep him and not create another hole to fill?
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

I don't get why we are still trying to clear up cap space, we still have $20 million

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
        • Mar 2003

If Spikes is traded, and Willis is gone at 12, we are screwed. Just watch Marv take Paul Pos at 12 and justify it by saying, "he's the guy we REALLY wanted and weren't going to risk trading down for."

Ellison - ANY ROOKIE- Crowell STILL scares me.
        Please Marv, hold on to Spikes.
        For his solid 03 and 04 seasons, he deserves this one chance to prove himself.
        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Trading him would be senseless. The guy's still a baller. We already have enough holes to fill.

Comment

• jamesiscool
            suck it fool.
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            I don't get why we are still trying to clear up cap space, we still have $20 million
            patmoran has it alllll figured out. he'll tell u why......?
            Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• The Answer
              The Plagiarist
              • Mar 2007

Cheapskates in the front office have to make up for the Dockery move somehow now don't they?

Regardless Spikes is finished and worth a 6th rounder at best anyhow - might as well get something for him from one of these teams that thinks he is capable of bringing something to the table.

~The Answer

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Because we have our own cap.

For any math lovers out there:
                Take the bonuses that Dockery, Walker, Kelsay and our other signees got, and divide them by the number of years in their contract. Add up the portions of those bonuses that would have been applied to future years, and then subtract that from the cap room we have under the NFL cap. That will give you OUR (self-imposed) cap room.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

get rid of him.he's no longer the player he once was.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                    Trading him would be senseless. The guy's still a baller. We already have enough holes to fill.
                    He's missed significant time for 2 years running and is one of the highest paid guys.

2004 just called. It's not coming back.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

i liked TKO, but he doesnt want to be here, he has stated this to local beat writers and other teamates his displeasure for the rebuilding, he is not even close the player he was before the injury and he has not interest in the helping of the rebuilding process, so get something for him when u can 4-5th rounder would do, 3rd would be perfect,

if these reports and rumors are out that meams he will be gone by the end of the week in my opinion
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                        i liked TKO, but he doesnt want to be here, he has stated this to local beat writers and other teamates his displeasure for the rebuilding, he is not even close the player he was before the injury and he has not interest in the helping of the rebuilding process, so get something for him when u can 4-5th rounder would do, 3rd would be perfect,

if these reports and rumors are out that meams he will be gone by the end of the week in my opinion
                        you said it. He doesn't want to be here. And players that don't want to be here don't belong here. Sounds like decent team management to me.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Maybe they still think they can land Briggs.

Comment

• Elminster
                            #1 Kelsay Fan
                            • Oct 2006

We have a hole at strong side linebacker, and keeping or trading TKO won't change that one bit...
                            Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• jpdex12
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Elminster
                              We have a hole at strong side linebacker, and keeping or trading TKO won't change that one bit...
                              Finally! Someone with a simple yet slap you in the face REAL statement!
                              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

Working...
                              X