PDA

View Full Version : If Spikes gets traded...

X-Era
03-25-2007, 03:45 PM
I say the game is on.

The 1st round pick could go a number of ways. I think OLB just gets thrown in the mix.

Timmons? Puz? Beason? Everett?

I think the depth at OLB is much much better than at ILB. I think the 2nd round on becomes a spot where a OLB gets taken.

I never thought the Puz thoughts had much steam. But hes a fairly local player, I can really see this.

I still think its Lynch, then guys like Puz or Timmons.

Nighthawk
03-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I agree that I see the Bills taking a LB in round 2 because there is much more depth at that position then at the RB spot. It would make more sense to grab Peterson (if he somehow drops) or Lynch and then grab one of the good OLBs in the 2nd.

Philagape
03-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Since it's looking more like Willis won't be there for us, I wouldn't be suprised at all if we ended up with Pos. The knock on him was speed, but he was faster than Beason and Alexander at the combine.

"He is an intelligent player who is able to quickly read and react to what opposing offenses are doing. He has the ability to make plays sideline to sideline and he always seems to be around the football. ... Posluszny has all the intangibles you could want in a football player. He is a leader both on and off the field and was a great student with outstanding character."

http://www.ontheclockdraft.com/profile/Paul_Posluszny/1174

Sounds like a Marv guy.

baalworship
03-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Right now my intuition tells me the Bills will pick one of two players, Paul Pozluzny or Tedd Ginn Jr.

Paul Posluszny: With Crowell being touted as a middle linebacker and Spikes on the trading block this pick looks more obvious the closer we get to the draft. Add in that Posluszny changed his number to honor Shane Conlan and BINGO.

Ted Ginn Jr: While defense will probably be the pick keep in mind that our offense has only ONE playmaker on it. Getting another threat besides Lee Evans isn't THAT radical of an idea. Throw in the Ohio State connection (Bills love taking them) and that Donte Whitner played for Ted Ginn's dad who coached him in high school and BINGO. More of a longshot but don't be surprised.

SABURZFAN
03-25-2007, 04:33 PM
anybody but Putz.

T-Long
03-25-2007, 04:41 PM
POSZ POSZ POSZ!!!!

The Spaz
03-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Please no POZ!!! Too slow to get to the outside IMO.

!Papacrunk!
03-25-2007, 04:54 PM
kudos to the Bills in acquiring draft picks. Hopefully for them, their future LB will have Spikes' intensity and heart.

Spiderweb
03-26-2007, 01:03 AM
anybody but Putz.

Anybody besides the previously mentioned Ted Ginn....

jamze132
03-26-2007, 03:05 AM
It would be great to take Willis at #12, then trade back in to the middle of the 1st and pick up Lynch.

X-Era
03-26-2007, 06:47 AM
It would be great to take Willis at #12, then trade back in to the middle of the 1st and pick up Lynch.

Reverse that and Id agree.

Lynch wont drop far below 12.

Id take LT over Urlacher personally, catch my drift? Its a matter of what could mean more.