PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Sucks!

mchurchfie
03-25-2007, 05:42 PM
He never was the best defensive player but he has made up for it in the past with his puckhandling and skating. MR ALL-Star has had his head up his ass since the break though. He has been turning the puck over regularly and has been a moron with his puckhandling decisions. He is also getting his ass handed to him in his own end on a more than usual regular basis too. He is easily our worst defensive player right now. Soupy needs to up his game soon:down:

chernobylwraiths
03-25-2007, 05:54 PM
You haven't watched Kalinin much lately have you.

SpillerThrills
03-25-2007, 07:37 PM

or Nate P...... horrible.

Carlton Bailey
03-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Are you serious? Campbell wasn't good last night, but he's been a beast since the Ottawa fight game. I love Soupy.

JD
03-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Numminen and Kalinin have been playing worse than Soupy.

Carlton Bailey
03-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Campbell's not exactly Scott Niedermayer just yet, but he's still a hell of a puck-moving defenseman.

SabreEleven
03-25-2007, 11:59 PM
He only moves the puck and plays well when OP watches the game.

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 04:05 AM
Kalinin has been outplaying him as of late, and that's pretty bad when he outplays you.

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 04:07 AM
Are you serious? Campbell wasn't good last night, but he's been a beast since the Ottawa fight game. I love Soupy.:roflmao:OK, if you say so.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2007, 07:34 AM
You guys are great. Is there anyone on our Eastern conference leading team that you do like? WTF! :puke:

Carlton Bailey
03-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Kalinin has been outplaying him as of late, and that's pretty bad when he outplays you.

Not really. When Kalinin's on, he's very good. Unfortunately, he's inconsistent, and Saturday was a bad night for him. Then again, who on the Sabres didn't have a bad game Saturday?

SpillerThrills
03-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Not really. When Kalinin's on, he's very good. Unfortunately, he's inconsistent, and Saturday was a bad night for him. Then again, who on the Sabres didn't have a bad game Saturday?

Conks!!!!

RockStar36
03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I listened to the whiner line on WGR this morning and was amazed. Well, not really. The Sabres are tied for most points in the league yet all anyone can do is ***** and moan about something. I swear, nobody will be satisfied unless the Sabres go 82-0 during a season.

chernobylwraiths
03-26-2007, 11:11 AM
I listened to the whiner line on WGR this morning and was amazed. Well, not really. The Sabres are tied for most points in the league yet all anyone can do is ***** and moan about something. I swear, nobody will be satisfied unless the Sabres go 82-0 during a season.

You DO realize that only people who feel the need to whine about something call that line right? And they screen it for good whines. (Op would be a staple on that line) If all they had on were people who praised the team for being in first, they would call it the "homer" line and nobody would listen.

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 11:59 AM
You guys are great. Is there anyone on our Eastern conference leading team that you do like? WTF! :puke:Please don't tell me you were happy that effort on Saturday, Thurm!

RockStar36
03-26-2007, 12:18 PM
You DO realize that only people who feel the need to whine about something call that line right? And they screen it for good whines. (Op would be a staple on that line) If all they had on were people who praised the team for being in first, they would call it the "homer" line and nobody would listen.

Yeah I know. I just found it irritating that so many people in Buffalo were finding something to whine about.

Earthquake Enyart
03-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm just happy to see Spacek back. :phew:

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Not really. When Kalinin's on, he's very good. Unfortunately, he's inconsistent, and Saturday was a bad night for him. Then again, who on the Sabres didn't have a bad game Saturday?I didn't see the Saturday game just the Friday but I know Kalinin outplayed him pretty badly on Friday. I do agree with you about Kalinin. When he's good he is very good and when he's bad he is absolutely brutal.

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm just happy to see Spacek back. :phew:Lindy must have called him out because he has been earning that high paycheck since he came back.

Earthquake Enyart
03-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Lindy must have called him out because he has been earning that high paycheck since he came back.
Well, he can't be in the world's greatest shape. He probably has over 18% body fat on him.

He'll be fine by the playoffs.

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 12:37 PM
I think he is playing better than before he got hurt, even being out of shape a little. I think the layoff did him good, he was really starting to become a non-factor before his injury.

Earthquake Enyart
03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
the guy I'm getting nervous about is Nuumennin. He's starting to show his age.

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Agreed. When Ludman gets back we'll have an extra defensiveman, they should shelve him a little and let him rest for the stretchrun.

Earthquake Enyart
03-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Tallinder looks rusty too.

Hopefully this all shakes out soon.

SabreEleven
03-26-2007, 01:23 PM
You guys are great. Is there anyone on our Eastern conference leading team that you do like? WTF! :puke:

Thurm, I think people are finding faults with this team (including myself) because we, as Buffalo fans, are afraid to put our hearts 100 percent into this team (or any team from Buffalo) because we are protecting ourselves from the heart break that we KNOW is coming.

Just because we win the division, conference, or league during the regular season doesn't guarentee any happiness for any Buffalo fan. The Bills have proved that.

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
This team has been coasting a lot this year and has been winning alot of games that they probably shouldn't have. They have very rarely played a full three periods of inspired hockey yet this year. They need to get rid of those bad habits and get ready for crunchtime when the PO's get here or they will find themselves sitting home by the end of the first round. There is plenty of cause for concern with this team. I don't give a **** if they are leading the league in points, they are not playing very sound hockey right now.

Earthquake Enyart
03-26-2007, 01:31 PM
They looked lousy Saturday.

People, this is a team that can win THE FREAKING STANLEY CUP. We need to be hitting on all cylinders.

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
They looked awful on Friday too, they had no right winning that one.

Earthquake Enyart
03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
They looked awful on Friday too, they had no right winning that one.
The Leafs caved in like a house of cards. I don't think they have the guts to make the playoffs.

mchurchfie
03-26-2007, 03:30 PM
The Leafs caved in like a house of cards. I don't think they have the guts to make the playoffs.
I hope they do so we can play them in the first round.:naughty:

chernobylwraiths
03-26-2007, 08:20 PM
They looked lousy Saturday.

People, this is a team that can win THE FREAKING STANLEY CUP. We need to be hitting on all cylinders.

As long as they are hitting on all cylinders in the playoffs, I don't much care. They are starting to get healthy. Let's not all jump ship before the playoffs even start.

mchurchfie
03-27-2007, 01:57 AM
As long as they are hitting on all cylinders in the playoffs, I don't much care. They are starting to get healthy. Let's not all jump ship before the playoffs even start.
No one is jumping ship for god sakes! But if you think that these guys can just flick on a switch at playoff time and instantly start playing better then you are ****ing dreaming. They need to start showing a little resolve now, not in game seven of the first round when they get knocked out by the Islanders or some other inferior team.

JD
03-27-2007, 10:55 AM
No one is jumping ship for god sakes! But if you think that these guys can just flick on a switch at playoff time and instantly start playing better then you are ****ing dreaming. They need to start showing a little resolve now, not in game seven of the first round when they get knocked out by the Islanders or some other inferior team.
Hey did you watch the Sabres last year at all? What about near the end of the season? We lost what, 6 games in a row? Then we pushed through the playoffs destoryed by injuries, still pushing an ECF Series to Seven games.

We'll be fine.

mchurchfie
03-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey did you watch the Sabres last year at all? What about near the end of the season? We lost what, 6 games in a row? Then we pushed through the playoffs destoryed by injuries, still pushing an ECF Series to Seven games.

We'll be fine.
Yes I watched the Sabres last year, thank you. Do you think that you can get away with playing that way all of the time? It is kind of a dangerous way to live, don't you think?

Earthquake Enyart
03-27-2007, 11:08 AM
The thing to remember is that a few of these guys (Spacek, Tallinder, even Kalinen) are still getting back into shape from injuries. The Sabres system demands a lot more skating from their defensemen than most teams.

I also think they'll be fine. :pray:

JD
03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Yes I watched the Sabres last year, thank you. Do you think that you can get away with playing that way all of the time? It is kind of a dangerous way to live, don't you think?
Do you think we suck all of a sudden? They just arnt trying right now. I think the playoffs will be a wakeup call for this team and we'll be golden. Obviously its a dangerous way to live, but so is having defensemen pinching in almost every offensive attack.. but we've been doing it for a while now.

mchurchfie
03-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Do you think we suck all of a sudden? NO they were suberb last weekend.;) Just Campbell, read the title of this thread.:rolleyes:

They just arnt trying right now. Yuh think??

I think the playoffs will be a wakeup call for this team and we'll be golden.
You better hope.;)

JD
03-27-2007, 11:41 AM
NO they were suberb last weekend.;) Just Campbell, read the title of this thread.:rolleyes:

Superb? Aside from Miller and Conks, we played like garbage.

mchurchfie
03-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Superb? Aside from Miller and Conks, we played like garbage.
:dizzy::whistling

Typ0
03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm not even worried. This team can turn it on. They are getting healthy. They are not playing well but they are winning games. We're on our way to the finals.