PDA

View Full Version : A lesser known statistic on JP Losman

JoeMama
03-26-2007, 09:02 AM
CBS ran this statistic during the Titans game in Week 16.

JP Losman's stats against the blitz:

102.1 quarterback rating.

9 touchdowns

3 interceptions

Which is encouraging. It indicates he's got poise.

Also, here's the best example of a well-handled blitz by JP Losman I can find - which has been posted here a few times before.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApzhExqZExg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApzhExqZExg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

jamesiscool
03-26-2007, 09:07 AM
that says alot about a man who used to just tuck it and run for the line of scrimmage.

JoeMama
03-26-2007, 01:01 PM
True.

The thing I like about it is that it makes Losman look like a venerable anti-Bledsoe/anti-Johnson.

Both of those guys always got blown up on blitzes.

At least Losman isn't rattled by the sight of defenders coming at him.

casdhf
03-26-2007, 01:05 PM
I was at that game. After that play that whole place was dead silent.

Bling
03-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't know if it was that play (I think it was against the Dolphins), where he scrambled and threw it. 9/10 that is a bonehead play, but Losman found a way for it to connect. It's great that he can get out of the way, and all but I wouldn't want my QB to play football like that. JMO.

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Losman's getting a lot better. It helps that he has a stud WR that seems to get open by 10 yards down the field once a game as well.

justasportsfan
03-26-2007, 05:15 PM
That's what experience does to players. They get better for the most part if done properly.

Bling
03-26-2007, 05:18 PM
That's what experience does to players. They get better for the most part if done properly.

Agreed.

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 05:29 PM
All the experience in the world doesnt help a player (Mike Williams) unless they have the drive and the ABILITY to be a big time pro.

Losman has always had the drive.. And now he's gotten his head out of his ass and becoming a first class QB and leader.

The last buffalo fan
03-26-2007, 05:33 PM
All the experience in the world doesnt help a player (Mike Williams) unless they have the drive and the ABILITY to be a big time pro.

Losman has always had the drive.. And now he's gotten his head out of his ass and becoming a first class QB and leader.

I'm sorry Pat, but I'm afraid that I have to posrep you this time. :sorry:

justasportsfan
03-26-2007, 05:40 PM

So you have inside info that Ellison and Digiorgio don't have the drive or anyone we draft? Give me a break.

This is from the guy who came to the conclusion that JP doesn't get any attention on the sidelines from his teammates from what he observed on TV.

Whatever Pat, you flip-floped on JP as well.

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 05:42 PM
So you have inside info that Ellison and Digiorgio don't have the drive? Give me a break.
Are you that DESPERATE for responses that you're going to put words in my mouth?

At what point did I ever question Ellison's drive? I wont even discuss DiGeorgio because he's not worth it.

justasportsfan
03-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Are you that DESPERATE for responses that you're going to put words in my mouth?

At what point did I ever question Ellison's drive? I wont even discuss DiGeorgio because he's not worth it.
I didn't put words in your mouth , I asked you a question.

edited my last post. The rest are not putting words in your mouth. You flip-flop.

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 05:48 PM
I didn't "flip flop" on Losman. He played well, and deservedly won me over with his play.

justasportsfan
03-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I didn't "flip flop" on Losman. He played well, and deservedly won me over with his play. but you didn't flip-flop on Reyes and Davis? If a player proves you wrong he won you over but if a player you like busts , Marv is clueless by bringing him in?

Are you a Clinton fan who changes his stance based on the poll?

Try again.

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 05:59 PM
but you didn't flip-flop on Reyes and Davis? If a player proves you wrong he won you over but if a player you like busts , Marv is clueless by bringing him in?

Are you a Clinton fan who changes his stance based on the poll?

Try again.
yes.. that's why Im a fan and Marv Levy is a GM of a NFL team.

but instead of comparing ME to Marv Levy, compare him to his peers- the other 31 GMs in the league that he competes against.

Meathead
03-26-2007, 06:02 PM
hes always had incredible pocket presence even two years ago when he sucked out loud most of the rest of the time. its one of the reasons i was confident he would put it together because thats one of the toughest things for a young qb to adjust to. hes had a few fumbles but generally his vision and escapability and finding the outlet have been terrific

and yeah he was coming on fast the second half of the season. lots of poise and progressing through reads. balt was a disaster but still a very positive pattern that makes me confident hes going to jump a few levels right at the start of this season

:lolpoint: jphaters

Bufftp
03-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Actually I think it is more that he doesn't have a buch of incompetent coaches attempting to keep it there any more.

justasportsfan
03-26-2007, 06:10 PM
yes.. that's why Im a fan and Marv Levy is a GM of a NFL team.

but instead of comparing ME to Marv Levy, compare him to his peers- the other 31 GMs in the league that he competes against.

so you forgive me if I question your knowledge from time to time ?

Will you always bring out that "I'm a fan" trump card when you'r wrong and Marv's right but when he makes a mistake he's senile?

and yes, I can compare him to his Peers. How did Polian and Bellichick do in their first year? How has the Tuna done all these years? Gibbs? Let's not go far, Donahoe?

Aha! All of a sudden Marv's first year is not too shabby , huh? But hey, I'm a homer for having the jury out on Marv. :shakeno:

But instead of seeing how his 2nd years pans out, let's just crucify him in his first year. Genius!

SABURZFAN
03-26-2007, 06:59 PM
CBS ran this statistic during the Titans game in Week 16.

JP Losman's stats against the blitz:

102.1 quarterback rating.

9 touchdowns

3 interceptions

Which is encouraging. It indicates he's got poise.

Also, here's the best example of a well-handled blitz by JP Losman I can find - which has been posted here a few times before.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApzhExqZExg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApzhExqZExg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

uh oh....does this mean that other teams stop blitzing?this has to rank right up there with the passer rating. :rolleyes: