PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Willis Diary from Pro Day

The Answer
03-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

"Hey everyone! I am fresh off of my Pro Day at Ole Miss, where I think it went extremely well. I ran the 40 yard dash in 4.37 seconds after measuring in at 6-1, 235 pounds. I am confident that I showed that have top-flight speed to go with the production that I generate on the field. I believe I opened many eyes around the country and now I can focus on the next task at hand; which is preparing for the interviews with some teams individually.

Right now I am getting ready to go to Dallas to do an "Under Armour" commercial on Monday. I am very excited to be chosen as an athlete to represent such a large and successful company. I have never really done anything like this before, so I am not sure what to expect. It is exciting though, and I am sure I will love the finished product, so be looking for the spot with me in it!

After the Pro Day, I hung out around Oxford, Mississippi and then had a day to unwind a little before heading to Dallas. I have not put off my workouts though; I am continuing to work to improve my status with NFL teams every day. I got a good workout in Thursday of this week. Today, I needed a recovery day, and so have been playing some Madden with friends, and just relaxing on the couch. I am actually in the middle of a game (paused at halftime) right now. I got Tampa Bay as my squad, but we usually rotate teams. I am down 14-7 but it's anyone's game in the second half.

Right now, I know I have meetings set up with several teams, with Cincinnati, Washington and Philadelphia coming up soon. I have also been doing a lot of interviews on national radio shows and TV networks. It is tough to keep them all straight sometimes, but I do know I will be talking to the Buffalo Bills' radio network later on this week.

My schedule for the next couple of days is pretty calm aside from the whole "Under Armour" thing... I like to play it by ear. Mainly, I am concentrating on lifting weights and doing positional work and keeping my mind and body right. I am glad to have had the chance to come back to Oxford and work out at school. It might be one of the last times I work out around there.

Thanks for keeping up with me and reading the events in my life. I will let you all know how the commercial shoot goes.

Click, Clack!

Patrick

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah right Washington is gonna draft him that early.

Don't Panic
03-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Redskins... interesting.

gil
03-26-2007, 12:44 PM
not to be too dismissive, but this sounds like it was written by a PR flack - I should know, I was one.

The Answer
03-26-2007, 12:49 PM
not to be too dismissive, but this sounds like it was written by a PR flack - I should know, I was one.

Who knows - The Answer found it on another board, but there wasn't a link.

Highly unlikely that Willis becomes a Bill anyway because his stock has risen in recent weeks and he will likely be long gone by the time we pick.

The Answer has him graded as a top 5 prospect on his big board.

~The Answer

X-Era
03-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

"Hey everyone! I am fresh off of my Pro Day at Ole Miss, where I think it went extremely well. I ran the 40 yard dash in 4.37 seconds after measuring in at 6-1, 235 pounds. I am confident that I showed that have top-flight speed to go with the production that I generate on the field. I believe I opened many eyes around the country and now I can focus on the next task at hand; which is preparing for the interviews with some teams individually.

Right now I am getting ready to go to Dallas to do an "Under Armour" commercial on Monday. I am very excited to be chosen as an athlete to represent such a large and successful company. I have never really done anything like this before, so I am not sure what to expect. It is exciting though, and I am sure I will love the finished product, so be looking for the spot with me in it!

After the Pro Day, I hung out around Oxford, Mississippi and then had a day to unwind a little before heading to Dallas. I have not put off my workouts though; I am continuing to work to improve my status with NFL teams every day. I got a good workout in Thursday of this week. Today, I needed a recovery day, and so have been playing some Madden with friends, and just relaxing on the couch. I am actually in the middle of a game (paused at halftime) right now. I got Tampa Bay as my squad, but we usually rotate teams. I am down 14-7 but it's anyone's game in the second half.

Right now, I know I have meetings set up with several teams, with Cincinnati, Washington and Philadelphia coming up soon. I have also been doing a lot of interviews on national radio shows and TV networks. It is tough to keep them all straight sometimes, but I do know I will be talking to the Buffalo Bills' radio network later on this week.

My schedule for the next couple of days is pretty calm aside from the whole "Under Armour" thing... I like to play it by ear. Mainly, I am concentrating on lifting weights and doing positional work and keeping my mind and body right. I am glad to have had the chance to come back to Oxford and work out at school. It might be one of the last times I work out around there.

Thanks for keeping up with me and reading the events in my life. I will let you all know how the commercial shoot goes.

Click, Clack!

Patrick

~The Answer

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if we can just get the radio network to run our draft room. :rolleyes:

~The ONLY Answer

jimmifli
03-26-2007, 06:18 PM
I work with web-content writers (PR writers) all the time. WE give them a fact sheet and ask them to write the article/blog entry. This reads just like that junk.