PDA

View Full Version : Bills to meet with RB Dwayne Wright

Philagape
03-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Bills | Team scheduled to meet with D. Wright
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:30:39 -0700

KFFL has learned the Buffalo Bills have scheduled a visit with Fresno State RB Dwayne Wright April 2.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
The question is....

Who?

Philagape
03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Our next feature back! :dance:

raphael120
03-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Apparently someone who can play hopscotch with Shaud Williams on the sidelines.

Noteworthy: Suffered a torn patellar tendon in 2005. The forty-yard dash time of 4.7 being reported occurred when he was pressured into running while still recovering from surgery. A leader by example and voted the Bulldog MVP by his teammates. Married with two children. Training for the Combines is tough because he only gets to see his understanding family on the weekends. Ran for 295 yards against Louisiana Tech (http://louisianatech.scout.com/) on Nov. 24, 2006.
----------------------------
Wright is a day 1 pick, no doubt. He fits best with a zone blocking scheme and is built for the NFL (http://warroomdraftguide.com/arrigos_analysis/view.php?id=17#). I think the knee injury was some what a blessing in disguise for Dwayne, it allowed him to add much needed weight and strength to him frame and stayed the same type of back. When he first came to Fresno St. he has a frame similar to Eric Dickerson, (tall and lean), but with the added weight, he now has an NFL ready body.

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 12:46 PM
http://www.tyrex.com.au/images/hopskotch1.jpg

Philagape
03-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Ranked among RBs ...
8th by On the Clock Draft
21st by Scout.com
11th by NFLdraftcountdown.com
15th by NFLdraftscout.com
7th by Football's Future

Height: 5-111/2 | Weight: 228 | 40-Time: 4.66

Official Bio

Strengths:
Natural runner with terrific vision, instincts and balance...Has very good size and bulk...Strong and tough......Runs with good pad level...Has good hands and can help as a receiver out of the backfield...An above average blocker...Was always quite productive when healthy...Extremely versatile...Dedicated and mature with top intangibles...Bounced back from a serious injury and had a great junior year.

Weaknesses:
Timed speed is below average and he won't run away from anyone...Not overly quick or elusive...Has some durability questions...A little older than the average prospect...Does everything well but nothing great...May not have a huge upside.

Notes:
Married and has two children...Will be a 24-year-old rookie...He began his career at West Hills Community College...Had one more year of eligibility if he wanted it but instead opted to go pro...He tore the patellar tendon in his knee early in the 2004 season that caused him to miss the remainder of that campaign as well as the entire 2005 season as well...Might also be looked at as a fullback at the next level...An underrated player who will be pushed down draft boards due to a lack of speed and questions about his health but could very well end up being a steal for someone...At the very least he will be a quality backup and maybe a lot more.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/rb/dwaynewright.html

madness
03-26-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/wright_dwayne

Compares To: Mike Anderson, Baltimore … Wright is strictly a north-south runner who, like Anderson, is best used between the tackles. He is a physical pounder, but his lack of speed will limit his carries at the next level. He could bulk up for a possible switch to fullback, but if he hopes to remain a tailback he might have to drop some weight in order to improve his overall quickness. For a team looking for an Anderson, Brandon Jacobs (Giants) type, Wright could be a nice fit to get the tough yardage inside the red zone.

Night Train
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Let's check the Scouting report.

Dwayne Wright - 5-11 1/2 228 lbs. 4.67 Fresno St.

Is well built, strong and competitive. Shows surprising quickness, agility and balance. Runs through arm tackles. Will lower shoulders and deliver a blow to would-be tacklers. Runs with a good body lean to gain yardage after contact. Is a good receiver, and is tough to tackle in the open field.Shows sound pass-blocking technique, good awareness and leverage.

Weaknesses: Has durability concerns; injured knee early in '04 and missed the '05 season. Lacks explosiveness through the hole and speed to run away from defenders. Must learn to attack the line when there is no hole. Tends to run upright, taking too much punishment. Can't make quick jump cuts, and lacks elusiveness.
Bottom line: Wright will turn 24 in June, so it made sense he came out early as a redshirt junior. Despite his lacking explosiveness and speed, he is intriguing for power running teams. He also could be moved to fullback.

2006 - 261 carries- 1525 yards 11 TDs 29 catches 221 yards 1 TD

I'm thinking Fullback prospect.

gr8slayer
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
No thanks.

Philagape
03-26-2007, 12:55 PM
No thanks.

I have a feeling we'll be hearing a lot of that on draft day.

Ickybaluky
03-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Wright is a big back (6 feet/225#).

He was a JUCO transfer to Fresno State and lit it up in 2003 (190 carries for 1,038 yards). He tore his patella tendon in 2004 and missed the rest of the season and 2005. He returned last year a lot bigger and played real well (261 carries/1,462 yards).

The questions on Wright is his past injury and speed. He is a big, skilled runner and even catches the ball pretty well. His times at the combine averaged 4.66, and he elected not to run at his Pro Day. He projects as a Day 2 pick.

gr8slayer
03-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I have a feeling we'll be hearing a lot of that on draft day.
Lynch or bust at RB for me.

Philagape
03-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Dwayne Wright may lack the big play ability to ever be a true feature back, but he is a player that could fit well in a RB committee.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/dwayne_wright.html

ding ding ding ... welcome to Buffalo

(sarcasm)

evol4276
03-26-2007, 02:13 PM
basically hes a-train?

DraftBoy
03-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Continues to confirm for me we wont take a Round 1 or Round 2 back unless its Peterson.

Earthquake Enyart
03-26-2007, 02:55 PM
basically hes a-train?
He's Willis. Already has 2 kids.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3926/dwrightpq2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

streetkings01
03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
He's Willis. Already has 2 kids.Wrong....he's married with 2 kids!

SABURZFAN
03-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Let's check the Scouting report.

Dwayne Wright - 5-11 1/2 228 lbs. 4.67 Fresno St.

Is well built, strong and competitive. Shows surprising quickness, agility and balance. Runs through arm tackles. Will lower shoulders and deliver a blow to would-be tacklers. Runs with a good body lean to gain yardage after contact. Is a good receiver, and is tough to tackle in the open field.Shows sound pass-blocking technique, good awareness and leverage.

Weaknesses: Has durability concerns; injured knee early in '04 and missed the '05 season. Lacks explosiveness through the hole and speed to run away from defenders. Must learn to attack the line when there is no hole. Tends to run upright, taking too much punishment. Can't make quick jump cuts, and lacks elusiveness.
Bottom line: Wright will turn 24 in June, so it made sense he came out early as a redshirt junior. Despite his lacking explosiveness and speed, he is intriguing for power running teams. He also could be moved to fullback.

2006 - 261 carries- 1525 yards 11 TDs 29 catches 221 yards 1 TD

I'm thinking Fullback prospect.

i was thinking the same thing.i bet he'll be a ST's option as well.(if signed)

gr8slayer
03-26-2007, 03:49 PM
i was thinking the same thing.i bet he'll be a ST's option as well.(if signed)
Hopefully if we do take him it's not on day one.

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Lynch or bust at RB for me.
While I share your sentiments on Lynch, with my signature hopefully as Exhibit A... It's never going to happen.

Since we did absolutely squat to address ANYTHING in free agency defensively, there is little question that the 12th pick will go to a LB, despite the fact Lynch could end up being a franchise RB.

The worst part is if Patrick Willis is off the board, we never have a Plan B--so to make matters worse we'll reach at 12 for Mike Mamula Jr (Posluszny)

TigerJ
03-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Since he is obviously still hampered and not fully recovered, there is always a chance that his 40 time and perhaps his cutting ability could continue to improve. If it doesn't, he's not much more than a short yardage back. If it does, he could be a bargain down the road.

The Answer
03-26-2007, 05:21 PM
The question is....

Who?

The Answer: Another scrub that will be drafted in the 7th round or signed as an Undrafted FA to compete with Suck Williams and get 2 carries for 2 yards in 2007.

~The Answer