When is this team going to STOP rebuilding and START winning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

When is this team going to STOP rebuilding and START winning?

I've been trying to deny it all off-season, but the Spikes trade was the last straw. Spikes, Fletcher, Clements, McGahee and going back to last year Posey, Milloy, Vincent, Adams... all gone and mostly replaced by young guys with little to no experience, which is a huge gamble.

I have no problem with getting rid of aging or under-performing players. I do have a problem with not replacing them or trying to replace them with unproven draft picks or benchwarmers. It worked out with our safeties from last year, but can we really count on that type of immediate quality from draft picks for last year? Plus, we need to analyze this realistically- we had a bunch of draft picks play well on D last year and it got us 7-9 and ranked 27th against the run. This year, well, we need another cadre of draft picks to come in and play well if we're going to do anything on D. Read back two sentences in case you forgot what happened the last time we did that. And that's assuming this year's draft is as good as the last.

It seems as though Marv has chosen to build almost exclusively through the draft. Two problems with that: First, our only big FA move last year and two of our draft picks went to the DL, but the DL STILL SUCKS. Second, guys like Losman, Evans, Peters, Schobel, even Whitner and Simpson do NOT have lifetime contracts with the Bills. Eventually they will either a) require big money to keep, b) leave via FA or c) retire. We will NEVER get ahead if we need to keep fixing the same positions or if new holes are constantly created because of self-imposed cap hell from this "cash to cap" BS.

We drop Spikes for draft picks, but we pay $5 million a season combined for Peerless Price and Josh Reed. We bring in second-tier FA's like Robert Royal, Price, Fowler, Tutan Reyes, Larry Tripplett, etc then wonder why we can't win.

We finished the season at 7-9, and an entire FA period plus two trades later, our offense is moderately better and our defense is significantly WORSE. And I know , "but we still have the draft!" Well guess what? So do 31 other ****ing NFL teams.

I'm really ****ing sick of this team treading water. I want to WIN and at this pace we will never do that. Every time we fill one hole, we create two more.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: When is this team going to STOP rebuilding and START winning?

Spikes is still on the team as off now. Alot of offseason left op, relax.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Rebuilding is all we ever do, but some people are content with it, so why should they change?

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        Rebuilding is all we ever do, but some people are content with it, so why should they change?
        Guess what guys Tom Donablow rebuilt this team and ****ed it up with crappy coaching. The window is now closed as of two years ago. Time to start again.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I' m not content with it.

To answer your question, that answer will come when there is a new owner of the Buffalo Bills; who's first act as owner is to go out and hire a proven GM in this league with experience in building a winner from the ground up.

I love Marv to death, but he's a football coach not a GM.. His curious FA signings, resignings and a couple of draft moves have already cemented that in little more than a year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
            Spikes is still on the team as off now. Alot of offseason left op, relax.
            there was a thread a few minutes ago that reported he had already been traded.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Guess what guys Tom Donablow rebuilt this team and ****ed it up with crappy coaching. The window is now closed as of two years ago. Time to start again.
              from a fan standpoint, what does that matter? 7 years of losing and another one staring us in the face.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

YOu build a winner by combining parts...some veterans, some rookies...not by filling your roster with 75% rookie or 1st year players. Also, their drafting has left something to be desired. Building a winner takes a keen eye for talent and not just filling holes because that is what we need.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

I'm guessing you needed to vent...

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

Wahhhh! WAHHHH! Wahhh! Some people need their pacifiers. Or go be a fan of another team

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      I' m not content with it.

To answer your question, that answer will come when there is a new owner of the Buffalo Bills; who's first act as owner is to go out and hire a proven GM in this league with experience in building a winner from the ground up.

I love Marv to death, but he's a football coach not a GM.. His curious FA signings, resignings and a couple of draft moves have already cemented that in little more than a year.
                      Now your just being stupid. He's had one season, a hell of a draft and Marv can't be a good GM? Your more intelligent then that. News flash pat, Wilson goes then the bills go from Buffalo.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                        Wahhhh! WAHHHH! Wahhh! Some people need their pacifiers.
                        You are a prime example of why this team never feels a need to build a winner...you are satisfied with mediocrity.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Consistancy Op. Thats the key everytime we abandon a coach a QB a GM we start at square one. Everyone has their own ideas and agendas. We need to be consistant in philosophy and personell. Character players however are key, these are the guys who have the team attitude and will perform regardless of who is at the helm.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                            Wahhhh! WAHHHH! Wahhh! Some people need their pacifiers.
                            and some people need to take off their homer glasses. We're looking at losing 3 defensive starters from a D that sucked as it is. Without Spikes, we have Crowell, Ellison (who's questionable as it is) and.... no one but a bunch of no names and LB/S tweeners. Our starting CBs will be McGee (who struggled last year) and either Kiwaukee Thomas (0 career INT's) or Ashton Youboty (0 career starts). We've re-signed (or at least tendered) all of last year's crap-tacular DL.

This is a 7-9 team that has improved at exactly ONE position this whole off-season, plus gotten worse in at least 2 positions, arguably 4. And you're not at all concerned about that? Take your head out of the sand.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X