PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 03:03 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I'll pose one question.. In fact its worth its own thread.. and anybody is welcome to answer it.

"Rebuilding".

Why are the Bills always rebuilding, while teams like the Jets and the Saints, both of whom (4-12) had worse records than us the year before and drafted higher; are making the PLAYOFFS in ONE season.. Why arent those teams rebuilding?

Or the 7 other teams in the two seasons prior went from losing records to the playoffs.. Why didnt they have "rebuild"?

Anyone have an answer, besides the typical BillsIns05 "groan", or the other "In Marv we trust" speeches.

Can anyone actually give an ANSWER for the specific question posed? IS it the owner? Do they hire better coaches than us? Do they have better GM's than us? Is it luck? Do they sign more productive FA's while we sign recycled trash?

What is it? Why is it teams worse than us make the playoffs in a blink of an eye and the Bills are left watching them on TV?

Nighthawk
03-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Pat, we all get your point...you're unhappy with the Bills, but do you really need to start a million threads about the same thing?

DraftBoy
03-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I like rebuilding!

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Pat, we all get your point...you're unhappy with the Bills, but do you really need to start a million threads about the same thing?
Same thing?

If its the same thing, I STILL Havent had an answer.

Why do these teams suck worse than we do, and become playoff teams the next season?

Jeff1220
03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
I think luck (or rather, a lack of luck) plays a larger role than most give it credit for.

ddaryl
03-26-2007, 03:16 PM
We fired Butler and hired Tom Donablow... = rebuild

We fired Tom Donablow and hired Marv... = rebuild

when impatient Bills fans like yourself start *****ing because we didn't make the playoffs this year and start crying and demanding changes, and a new GM then you can expect another rebuild.

The fact is Levy's idea of a Superbowl caliber team didn't agree with Donablows theory of a Superbowl team, and because we swapped GM's and coaches we are definitely rebuilding. Marv said so on one of his 1st days of being the Bills GM. I believe he was quoted as saying "There is A LOT of work to do". I don't know about you but I can easily translate "A LOT" = rebuild

If impatent Bills fans, lick yourself, can be patient and allow Marv to have 5 years come good or bad, we might be able to build upon a core team and turn into a championship team, if impatient Bills fans, become annoying vocal, like yourself, and Ralph subcumbs to the pressure and fires Marv in 2009 or 2010, guess what you can expect... another rebuild.

I don't forsee Ralph firing Marv as easily as Butler or Donablow regardless of vocal fan outcry.

Ed
03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't think there's one clear answer. A lot of different factors play a role, particulary all the ones you mentioned. Plus, each season is different and has it's own issues. Yeah, some teams go from the cellar to the playoffs in one year, but some teams go from the SB or playoffs to garbage in one year also. I guess you could also ask why some teams that seem so much better then us can become worse then us in one season?

I think some seasons we haven't had the talent, some have been poor coaching and some have been injuries and what not.

With all the player movement these days and the salary cap, does rebuilding even really exist anymore in the NFL?

gil
03-26-2007, 03:23 PM
The Saints were "rebuilding" forever - they signed a franchise QB, had a great draft, played in weak conference/division and made the playoffs.

The Jets had a veteran QB return to health, had a good draft and had some players already in place from a team that was very competitive in the couple of years prior to their OK year last year.

We had a defense that was near the top with an underperforming offense, then that defense got old/lost players and our offense totally stunk up the joint - for whatever reason, that's where we found ourselves when Marv came on board.

He has a plan and some people are rightfully questioning it - I'd like to see what happens over the next couple of months before I run off into the hills.

SquishDaFish
03-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Great points Gilbert. Exactly what Ive been saying. Great post

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 03:50 PM
The Saints were "rebuilding" forever - they signed a franchise QB, had a great draft, played in weak conference/division and made the playoffs.

The Jets had a veteran QB return to health, had a good draft and had some players already in place from a team that was very competitive in the couple of years prior to their OK year last year.

We had a defense that was near the top with an underperforming offense, then that defense got old/lost players and our offense totally stunk up the joint - for whatever reason, that's where we found ourselves when Marv came on board.

He has a plan and some people are rightfully questioning it - I'd like to see what happens over the next couple of months before I run off into the hills.
Alright. That in parts with at least, I can agree with.. and Props for actually responding to a question posed instead of the typical homer personal attack.

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Great points Gilbert. Exactly what Ive been saying. Great post
you have never once mentioned ANY of those topics Gilbert touched on.. THat would constitute you doing more than "thanking" a homer post, and "groaning" a negative nancy post.

gr8slayer
03-26-2007, 03:55 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I'll pose one question.. In fact its worth its own thread.. and anybody is welcome to answer it.

"Rebuilding".

Why are the Bills always rebuilding, while teams like the Jets and the Saints, both of whom (4-12) had worse records than us the year before and drafted higher; are making the PLAYOFFS in ONE season.. Why arent those teams rebuilding?

Or the 7 other teams in the two seasons prior went from losing records to the playoffs.. Why didnt they have "rebuild"?

Anyone have an answer, besides the typical BillsIns05 "groan", or the other "In Marv we trust" speeches.

Can anyone actually give an ANSWER for the specific question posed? IS it the owner? Do they hire better coaches than us? Do they have better GM's than us? Is it luck? Do they sign more productive FA's while we sign recycled trash?

What is it? Why is it teams worse than us make the playoffs in a blink of an eye and the Bills are left watching them on TV?The Saints are a horrible example, they have sucked crotch for a long time. They are also in the NFC and in a division that turned out to be one of the biggest jokes this past year. Having Bush slip to them and getting back their top tier RB didn't hurt much either.

The Jets already had a good team in place they just needed to get a little lucky and get their QB back. It didn't hurt that they finally got rid of the joke that is Herm Edwards.

Were on the right path, if we have a worst year than last year I will follow your logic a little closer, till then. SILENCE!

justasportsfan
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
NObody had a problem with Donablow when we hired him. He was a well respected GM when he came in only to find out he was a Nazzi. He fooled us and he fooled Wilson. We're paying for that mistake. Now we're trying to rectify it but people are so freakin impatient.

realdealryan
03-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Same thing?

If its the same thing, I STILL Havent had an answer.

Why do these teams suck worse than we do, and become playoff teams the next season?

Instead of more threads.....

http://img.icbdr.com/images/nav/logocb.gif (http://www.careerbuilder.com/Default.aspx)

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <script language="JavaScript">var googlekw = 'General Sales Manager';</script> <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> // control prefix, given to JavaScript from code-behind var JobDetailPrefix = '_JobDetailsv2' + '_'; </script> <center>
Apply Now >> (http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseeker/ApplyOnline/ApplyOnlineStart.aspx?Job_DID=J8D6C36HYHHWVG0CNM5)

</center>GENERAL MANAGER, NFL, BUFFALO BILLS

<dl class="clearfix"><dt>
</dt>Contact Information

<dd class="ddleft"> <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="180"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="60">Contact:</td> <td width="120">Ralph Wilson
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="60">Phone:</td> <td width="120">Not Available</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="60">Email:</td> <td width="120">Send Email Now >> (http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/ApplyOnline/ApplyStart.aspx?IPATH=QHKGC&strCrit=QID%3dA6654195264679%3bst%3dA%3buse%3dALL%3brawWords%3dmanager%3bCTY%3dBUFFALO%3bSID%3dNY%3bCID%3dUS%3bENR%3dNO%3bDTP%3dDRNS%3bYDI%3dYES%3bIND%3dALL%3bPDQ%3dAll%3bJN%3dAll%3bPAYL%3d0%3bPAYH%3dGT120%3bPOY%3dNO%3bETD%3dALL%3bRE%3dALL%3bMGT%3dDC%3bSUP%3dDC%3bFRE%3d30%3bCHL%3dAL%3bQS%3dSID_UNKNOWN%3bSS%3dNO%3bTITL%3d0%3bJQT%3dRAD&Job_DID=J8D6C36HYHHWVG0CNM5)</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="60">Fax:</td> <td width="120">Not Available
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="60">Ref ID:</td> <td width="120">Not Available</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </dd></dl>
Posted: 3/6/2007
Company: Buffalo Bills
Learn more about this company >> (http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Companies/CompanyDetails.aspx?HHName=RaymourFlanigan&sc_cmp1=JS_JobDetails_CoLogoLink)
View all jobs at this company >> (http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Companies/CompanyJobResults.aspx?Comp_DID=C33BZ6LPFT6S9G8CXV)

<script language="JavaScript">unction exLink(l){ l.target='_blank'; l.href='../ApplyOnline/ExternalLinkApply.aspx?exapptype=EL&useframes=True&Job_DID=J8D6C36HYHHWVG0CNM5&strcrit=QID=A6654195264679;st=A;use=ALL;rawWords=manager;CTY=BUFFALO;SID=NY;CID=US;ENR=NO;DTP=DRNS;YDI=YES;IND=ALL;PDQ=All;JN=All;PAYL=0;PAYH=GT120;POY=NO;ETD=ALL;RE=ALL;MGT=DC;SUP=DC;FRE=30;CHL=AL;QS=SID_UNKNOWN;SS=NO;TITL=0;JQT=RAD&companyname=Raymour & Flanigan&aourl='+escape(l.href); l.onclick = ''; } </script><!--
-->General Manager

Description

Looking for a career with advancement opportunities? Come work for the Buffalo Bills!

If you are a highly motivated strong leader with the drive and desire to be successful, have at least 3-5 years of Billszone posting or general internet know-it-alling background, and have General Manager experience in a business environment or a strong business acumen, with significant executive experience, we want to meet you!

The Buffalo Bills offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including:

*State of the Art & Cost Effective Medical and Dental Benefits
*401K/Profit Sharing with company match
*Bonus Potential
*Group Term Life Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Paid vacations
*Paid training
*Opportunity for advancement

Help our rebuilding today!

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Instead of more threads.....

http://img.icbdr.com/images/nav/logocb.gif (http://www.careerbuilder.com/Default.aspx)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD><SCRIPT language=JavaScript>var googlekw = 'General Sales Manager';</SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript> // control prefix, given to JavaScript from code-behind var JobDetailPrefix = '_JobDetailsv2' + '_'; </SCRIPT><CENTER>
Apply Now >> (http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseeker/ApplyOnline/ApplyOnlineStart.aspx?Job_DID=J8D6C36HYHHWVG0CNM5)

</CENTER>GENERAL MANAGER, NFL, BUFFALO BILLS

<DL class=clearfix><DT>
Contact Information

<DD class=ddleft><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=180 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=60>Contact:</TD><TD width=120>Ralph Wilson

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=60>Phone:</TD><TD width=120>Not Available</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=60>Email:</TD><TD width=120>Send Email Now >> (http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/ApplyOnline/ApplyStart.aspx?IPATH=QHKGC&strCrit=QID%3dA6654195264679%3bst%3dA%3buse%3dALL%3brawWords%3dmanager%3bCTY%3dBUFFALO%3bSID%3dNY%3bCID%3dUS%3bENR%3dNO%3bDTP%3dDRNS%3bYDI%3dYES%3bIND%3dALL%3bPDQ%3dAll%3bJN%3dAll%3bPAYL%3d0%3bPAYH%3dGT120%3bPOY%3dNO%3bETD%3dALL%3bRE%3dALL%3bMGT%3dDC%3bSUP%3dDC%3bFRE%3d30%3bCHL%3dAL%3bQS%3dSID_UNKNOWN%3bSS%3dNO%3bTITL%3d0%3bJQT%3dRAD&Job_DID=J8D6C36HYHHWVG0CNM5)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=60>Fax:</TD><TD width=120>Not Available

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=60>Ref ID:</TD><TD width=120>Not Available</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DD></DL>

Posted: 3/6/2007
Company: Buffalo Bills
Learn more about this company >> (http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Companies/CompanyDetails.aspx?HHName=RaymourFlanigan&sc_cmp1=JS_JobDetails_CoLogoLink)
View all jobs at this company >> (http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Companies/CompanyJobResults.aspx?Comp_DID=C33BZ6LPFT6S9G8CXV)

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>unction exLink(l){ l.target='_blank'; l.href='../ApplyOnline/ExternalLinkApply.aspx?exapptype=EL&useframes=True&Job_DID=J8D6C36HYHHWVG0CNM5&strcrit=QID=A6654195264679;st=A;use=ALL;rawWords=manager;CTY=BUFFALO;SID=NY;CID=US;ENR=NO;DTP=DRNS;YDI=YES;IND=ALL;PDQ=All;JN=All;PAYL=0;PAYH=GT120;POY=NO;ETD=ALL;RE=ALL;MGT=DC;SUP=DC;FRE=30;CHL=AL;QS=SID_UNKNOWN;SS=NO;TITL=0;JQT=RAD&companyname=Raymour & Flanigan&aourl='+escape(l.href); l.onclick = ''; } </SCRIPT><!--
-->General Manager

Description

Looking for a career with advancement opportunities? Come work for the Buffalo Bills!

If you are a highly motivated strong leader with the drive and desire to be successful, have at least 3-5 years of Billszone posting or general internet know-it-alling background, and have General Manager experience in a business environment or a strong business acumen, with significant executive experience, we want to meet you!

The Buffalo Bills offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including:

*State of the Art & Cost Effective Medical and Dental Benefits
*401K/Profit Sharing with company match
*Bonus Potential
*Group Term Life Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Paid vacations
*Paid training
*Opportunity for advancement

Help our rebuilding today!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
LOL.. I cant really say much about that.. At least that was real creative.

realdealryan
03-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Is it inconceivable to infiltrate the front office?