PDA

View Full Version : Local News - Spikes Requested Trade/Release In February

Night Train
03-26-2007, 05:34 PM
According to Dennis Williams on Channel 4. Working on trade with Philly.

So HE approaches the Bills and says he wants out. Explain how this is the Bills fault ?

Ralph is Cheap !.. er.....wait a minute..

The Answer
03-26-2007, 05:37 PM

So HE approaches the Bills and says he wants out. Explain how this is the Bills fault ?

It's the Bills fault for not fielding a playoff calibur team - i.e. SPENDING MONEY and making the right personell moves.

Regardless he's a shell of his former self anyway so let him demand a trade/release all he likes.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
03-26-2007, 05:39 PM
You'd probably be hard pressed to find a dozen Buffalo Bills who if given the choice to get out via trade or FA, would want to stay in Buffalo right now.

Devin
03-26-2007, 05:39 PM

DUDE! Its Buffalo's fault, totally. TKO wants a trade we are supposed to ignore him. Or better yet get nothing for him after next season.

:rolleyes:

Ed
03-26-2007, 05:42 PM
That doesn't surprise me. Spikes wasn't happy last year with the release of Vincent and getting pulled on 3rd downs. Now with another losing season under his belt and all his closest teammates from when he got here gone, makes sense.

He just handled it as privately as possible. No hard feelings. We're a young team now going in a different direction and Spikes hasn't really been a part of this team now for the past couple years. It's sad considering what a beast he was his first couple years here, but that's sports. Everyone's gotta move on at some point.

RedEyE
03-26-2007, 05:44 PM
I actually expected this from Spikes when he cried to get out of Cincy. He's another one of these guys that is just in it for himself. I'm glad he came to Buffalo and I'm glad he's leaving. He served his purpose but it's now time for him to move on.

Unfortunately his latest need for self gratification couldn't come at a worse time for the Bills defense. The Bills are already in a tight spot for LB depth and I think this positions draftee Willis in prime standing of value in the draft.

I'm a little concerned with the Bills right now. The offensive line has been improved, but the defensive line is the same and has yet to be addressed. Now, the Bills also seek a prime RB, and a well needed LB. Not to mention that the Bills will be playing with a weakened secondary without Nate Clements.

It's time for some of these younger players to piss or get of the pot. Until that happens the 2007 Bills season has taken off to a meek start.

Ed
03-26-2007, 05:48 PM
You'd probably be hard pressed to find a dozen Buffalo Bills who if given the choice to get out via trade or FA, would want to stay in Buffalo right now.
I don't think that's true. It's not like any of the players on this team right now have been around for our entire 7 year drought. Maybe Schobel. So I don't think they look at this team the same way fans do.

One thing that seems really apparant about this team is the closeness and the chemistry. Whether or not we've got the talent to go to the playoffs, it hasn't seemed to change the fact that the majority of players on this team seem really positive and excited about their teammates, coach Jauron and the future of the team.

The only player that's really said anything bad about the team is McGahee.

The Answer
03-26-2007, 05:51 PM
I actually expected this from Spikes when he cried to get out of Cincy. He's another one of these guys that is just in it for himself. I'm glad he came to Buffalo and I'm glad he's leaving. He served his purpose but it's now time for him to move on.

Unfortunately his latest need for self gratification couldn't come at a worse time for the Bills defense. The Bills are already in a tight spot for LB depth and I think this positions draftee Willis in prime standing of value in the draft.

I'm a little concerned with the Bills right now. The offensive line has been improved, but the defensive line is the same and has yet to be addressed. Now, the Bills also seek a prime RB, and a well needed LB. Not to mention that the Bills will be playing with a weakened secondary without Nate Clements.

It's time for some of these younger players to piss or get of the pot. Until that happens the 2007 Bills season has taken off to a meek start.

The Answer disagrees - Spikes is not in it for himself or the money - He's a passionate, intense athlete that was one of the best LB's in the league before his injury in 2005. He knows that he's a shell of his former self and is content being a role player on a better team than staying in Buffalo and suffering through another losing season, regardless if he's a starter or not.

He came here hoping to escape the mediorcrity and losing in Cincy, but ironically they got better and we have gotten worse. The man want's a chance to win a championship, that's why they play the game and he knows that's not going to happen in buffalo, let alone a postseason trip.

The Answer thanks Spikes for all the memories and steller play but the Bills are deep in rebuilding mode and clearly it's time to part ways with Spikes.

~The Answer

MarvLevy
03-26-2007, 06:12 PM
well when spikes left cincy, they started winning. maybe when he leaves here, the same will happen to him.

OpIv37
03-26-2007, 06:29 PM
DUDE! Its Buffalo's fault, totally. TKO wants a trade we are supposed to ignore him. Or better yet get nothing for him after next season.

:rolleyes:

get nothing from him except another season of LB play that we desperately need at the moment.

ShadowHawk7
03-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Spikes was the best OLB in football in 04. Check the stats and watch the games. But since then, mostly due to injury, he hasn't been the same. He is a passionate athlete who brings a lot to the table. We simply can't let him leave because he wants to without getting considerable compensation for him. (Read: 3rd rd pick or bust!)

John Doe
03-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I just hope that Spikes does not hurt himself on the way to the physical.

SABURZFAN
03-26-2007, 07:16 PM
I just hope that Spikes does not hurt himself on the way to the physical.

he may not even pass the physical.

Illmatic15
03-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Say it aint so Takeo, Ill miss you in Toronto :( , by the way is he still dating T-Boz from TLC ???

Illmatic15
03-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Say it aint so Takeo, Ill miss you in Toronto :( , by the way is he still dating T-Boz from TLC ???

tampabay25690
03-26-2007, 09:05 PM
That doesn't surprise me. Spikes wasn't happy last year with the release of Vincent and getting pulled on 3rd downs. Now with another losing season under his belt and all his closest teammates from when he got here gone, makes sense.

He just handled it as privately as possible. No hard feelings. We're a young team now going in a different direction and Spikes hasn't really been a part of this team now for the past couple years. It's sad considering what a beast he was his first couple years here, but that's sports. Everyone's gotta move on at some point.

To be real honest with you Spikes had a few Bright spots for the Bills and thats it......Overall he has been overrated since he came to Buffalo......

alohabillsfan
03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
How can some people say we had a crappy defense and then b!itch every time we get rid of the players that got us all the way to 7-9??? This team is finally heading in the right direction!

P.S. Marv is not done yet....More to come before the draft!

clumping platelets
03-26-2007, 10:14 PM
It's the Bills fault for not fielding a playoff calibur team - i.e. SPENDING MONEY and making the right personell moves.

Regardless he's a shell of his former self anyway so let him demand a trade/release all he likes.

~The Answer

7yrs-$49 million for Derrick Dockery..........nope....that's not spending money :shakeno:

Ebenezer
03-26-2007, 11:36 PM
I don't want anybody on my team that doesn't want to be here :bigwave:

jamze132
03-27-2007, 04:06 AM

~The Answer
Ice?