The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Question for Pat....Op....etc

1. Would you have Signed Dockery?

2. Would you have re-signed Fletcher?

3. Would you have re-signed Nate?

4. Would you have signed Whittle?

5. Would you have signed Walker?

6. Would you have traded McGahee? (considering his actions and what we got for him?)

7. Would you trade TKO? (considering his request)

Just curious your answers....not "what you would do"....etc.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Question for Pat....Op....etc

Originally posted by Devin

6. Would you have traded McGahee? (considering his actions and what we got for him?)

1. Yes

2. This is a tough one- if TKO REALLY requested a trade in February and his departure was seen as imminent, it might have been worth re-signing him to a two-year deal. If the intent is to keep TKO, then no, I probably would not have re-signed him.

3. No- I would have signed Nick Harper.

4. Yes- depth move.

5. Yes, although I would have preferred that he got less money, but the entire FA market is over-inflated this year.

6. Yes- I don't really view McGahee as a loss because his attitude and production were both piss-poor. I consider it a position that could have been upgraded but wasn't (although RB's who can start from Day 1 are available in the draft, so I don't see this as a glaring hole just yet).

7. Absolutely not. We're short on LB's and short on experience on D. He can suck it up for a year. To motivate him, I might even find a way to restructure his contract so he gets the same amount this year but gets to stay for a decent amount next year if certain incentives are reached this year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
      To motivate him, I might even find a way to restructure his contract so he gets the same amount this year but gets to stay for a decent amount next year if certain incentives are reached this year.

haha! You honestly think he'd rather sign for another year here instead of signing with someone to multiple years ? You're dreaming.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

1. Yes

2. This is a tough one- if TKO REALLY requested a trade in February and his departure was seen as imminent, it might have been worth re-signing him to a two-year deal. If the intent is to keep TKO, then no, I probably would not have re-signed him.

3. No- I would have signed Nick Harper.

4. Yes- depth move.

5. Yes, although I would have preferred that he got less money, but the entire FA market is over-inflated this year.

6. Yes- I don't really view McGahee as a loss because his attitude and production were both piss-poor. I consider it a position that could have been upgraded but wasn't (although RB's who can start from Day 1 are available in the draft, so I don't see this as a glaring hole just yet).

7. Absolutely not. We're short on LB's and short on experience on D. He can suck it up for a year. To motivate him, I might even find a way to restructure his contract so he gets the same amount this year but gets to stay for a decent amount next year if certain incentives are reached this year.
        so you just agreed with everything except paying an overrated player the highest paid contract for a defensive player in history, and simply assuming nick harper would sign with us, and you wouldnt trade a guy who makes 4.5 and may not be worth 450k after all is said and done. we're a small market team. we cant take those chances. i hate to see TKO go to, but you seem to agree with a lot of the moves so why so negative about the FO all the time?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

You left out...

8. Would you have resigned Kelsay?

9. Would you have resigned K.Thomas?

10. Would you have resigned A.Thomas?
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Absolutely.

Yes, instead of Kelsay. and they got about the same $.

Not a chance

yes, ONLY cause his SB was only 40 grand and we have too much youth at guard.

Never in a million years. His money (and it was the same) woulda went to Travis Henry and with A-Train we have a punnishing backfield. Henry is also an underated pass catcher. I was confident enough in Pennington at RT. I dont trust any Raider linemen.

yes. I did and still think it was the right trade.

Yes, but its irrelevant here because I just stated I'd have brought back Fletcher and I would've given Cato June the similar deal TB did. IF FLetcher was gone (and he is) then I wouldnt trade him.

my answers/opinions are in bold. To take it a small step further, if those were the moves that the Bills made and I got to play GM, then i'd be looking at a DL like Okoye or Carriker with my first draft pick, and I'd be looking to get into the late first round to take Bowe/Meacham or Sidney Rice so Evans can have a real #2 WR. And with my 2nd third rounder I'd be looking at the best LB available to combine with Ellison for quality depth(we have ZERO depth at LB )

as for FA, I would not have spent much more than the Bills and their "cash to cap".. Henry takes out Walker, FLetcher takes out Kelsay--- the only additional signing I have on there is June.

I woulda hoped for two other moves and neither are by any means unrealistic Snyder-style spending.

Signing Nick Harper to play corner and let Youboty groom. Harper is a cover two guy.

Signing Justin Griffith to play fullback.
            (June, Harper and Griffith-going by the exact deals they got- would've counted for roughly $7 million against the cap this year- leaving us with over 12 million) and maybe at most $10 million over the "cash to crap" philosophy.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
              You left out...

8. Would you have resigned Kelsay?
              No

9. Would you have resigned K.Thomas?
              No.. I sign Nick Harper.

10. Would you have resigned A.Thomas?
              yes I would've

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

1. Would you have Signed Dockery? ABSOLUTELY

2. Would you have re-signed Fletcher? NO

3. Would you have re-signed Nate? NO

4. Would you have signed Whittle? YES, HE WAS CHEAP

5. Would you have signed Walker? NO

6. Would you have traded McGahee? (considering his actions and what we got for him?) NO

7. Would you trade TKO? (considering his request) ABSOLUTELY

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  my answers/opinions are in bold. To take it a small step further, if those were the moves that the Bills made and I got to play GM, then i'd be looking at a DL like Okoye or Carriker with my first draft pick, and I'd be looking to get into the late first round to take Bowe/Meacham or Sidney Rice so Evans can have a real #2 WR. And with my 2nd third rounder I'd be looking at the best LB available to combine with Ellison for quality depth(we have ZERO depth at LB )

as for FA, I would not have spent much more than the Bills and their "cash to cap".. Henry takes out Walker, FLetcher takes out Kelsay--- the only additional signing I have on there is June.

I woulda hoped for two other moves and neither are by any means unrealistic Snyder-style spending.

Signing Nick Harper to play corner and let Youboty groom. Harper is a cover two guy.

Signing Justin Griffith to play fullback.
                  (June, Harper and Griffith-going by the exact deals they got- would've counted for roughly $7 million against the cap this year- leaving us with over 12 million) and maybe at most $10 million over the "cash to crap" philosophy.
                  Wow.

Harper is debatable. You are making a bold assumption he would want to come here, much less for a one year deal/short term.....with his last shot at a deal. I'd just as soon see what AY has an let him take his lumps. Time to see if that 1st round grade was right.

I didnt look at the signing bonus or yearly salaries but both you and Op said youd keep fletcher. Where is your explanation on how or why he would take a 2 year/or less deal or smaller offer to stay here? And if you decided to keep him you would sign him to the same deal he got via the redskins?

Walker I have mixed feelings on. He was terrible in Oakland and probably **** his pants when he heard our offer. But im not completley dissapointed. Time will tell.

Op said hed have kept TKO......even though TKO wants out. Assuming TKO would renegotiate and that for whatever reason Fletcher would decide to take a 2 year deal. Pat said hed have let him go because he also would have retained Fletcher (or kept him in the event Fletch was gone) or because Cato June would magically want to come here. A quote from the only NFL scout I know:

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                  june was london fletcher part 2.

only... he wasn't as durable
                  and he's not as fast
                  and he doesn't make as many tackles
                  and he doesn't play the pass very well.
                  and he's worse then london vs the run

hrm... come to think about it, he's a poor man's london fletcher.

No thanks.
                  So It appears both are content to have a high-priced pissed off LB on the squad. While I dont want to move Spikes if he wants to leave he wants to leave. Get value while you can.

Pat assumes that for whatever reason the RB we completley screwed over (Henry) would want to come back here and that solves our RB problems.

http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• The Answer
                    The Plagiarist
                    • Mar 2007

1)Yes but not for that money (Hutchison was signed last year for the same and is a far better player)

2)No - he wasn't an attacking linebacker, and his tackle total is misleading considering the pourous run defenses we've had since he's been here for the most part.

3) Yes - but not for the money he got. Overrated but was the best player on the defense.

4) Yes - it was a solid move

5) No - he played on the Oakland Raiders and their line is hideous, moreso than Buffalo if you can believe that.

6) Yes - Next Question

7) Yes - shell of his former self and it would have been a steal had we not thrown Holcomb in.

~The Answer

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                      so you just agreed with everything except paying an overrated player the highest paid contract for a defensive player in history, and simply assuming nick harper would sign with us, and you wouldnt trade a guy who makes 4.5 and may not be worth 450k after all is said and done. we're a small market team. we cant take those chances. i hate to see TKO go to, but you seem to agree with a lot of the moves so why so negative about the FO all the time?
                      I'm negative about the team cuz we still aren't winning. And we sure as hell aren't going to win by not replacing any of our defensive starters that we lost. It seems like this organization never learned it's lesson from losing Pat Williams. It's not so much the moves that the FO made as much as it is the ones they didn't make.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

1. Yes
                        2. No
                        3. No
                        4. No
                        5. Yes
                        6. Yes
                        7. Considering his request - Yes

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

I'm negative about the team cuz we still aren't winning.
                          would you be so negative if they weren't winning but doing moves that you completely agreed with?? sometimes things just don't work.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• jamze132
                            • Jun 2003

I think we should lock up Tim Anderson longterm so he doesn't get away!

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              would you be so negative if they weren't winning but doing moves that you completely agreed with?? sometimes things just don't work.
                              like I said- what we didn't do.

This team still has a ton of holes. I feel a little better now that something was done about the DL but it wasn't a huge upgrade and now we have a GLARING weakness at LB. We didn't bring in a CB to replace Nate. We didn't do anything about TE, FB or #2 WR, so on a lot of positions, we're going in there with the same crap that we had last year. So far this off-season:

OL- Upgraded
                              DL- mildly upgraded
                              LB- Severely downgraded
                              CB- Downgraded

Everything else is the same. That's not nearly enough to turn a 7-9 team into a winner.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X