PDA

View Full Version : Farewell TKO

Devin
03-26-2007, 07:57 PM
While I hate that you asked to leave you made being a Bills fan pretty exciting there for a little while.

When you were on there werent many that were as good. Ill miss seeing #51 on the field.

Good Luck in Philly Bro.

Bert102176
03-26-2007, 08:00 PM
is it a done deal?

HHURRICANE
03-26-2007, 08:01 PM
It's safe to say that the TD era is officially over!!!

Scumbag College
How exciting was his first game here along with Fat Sam Adams, Posey, Milloy when the Bills shutout the Pats 31-0? Unfortunately, it seeems it's all been downhill from there and the teams never lived up to the hype/potential since that game.

BILLSROCK1212
is it a done deal?
no.....we still dont know what draft pick we r getting

T-Long
yep its a done deal.

Darwin Walker and conditional pick in 2008 for Spikes and Holcomb

W1DER1GHT
Yep, Spikes and Holcomb to Philly for Darwin Walker and a conditional 2008 pick.

Devin
03-26-2007, 08:02 PM
How exciting was his first game here along with Fat Sam Adams, Posey, Milloy when the Bills shutout the Pats 31-0? Unfortunately, it seeems it's all been downhill from there and the teams never lived up to the hype/potential since that game.

That and the entire 2004 season. Down to that final game.

Ah well.

Scumbag College
03-26-2007, 08:05 PM
That and the entire 2004 season. Down to that final game.

Ah well.
'I forgot that season as well. There was something really special about that team. If they didn't lay an egg against the Steelers, they would have been very interesting to see in the playoffs.

LtFinFan66
03-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Question: If he bashes the Bills after leaving(which I doubt because he has class), would there be some pet renaming going on around here??

HHURRICANE
03-26-2007, 08:07 PM

This post deserves some kind of award. Talk about summing up the TD era. We were great for one game. Two weeks later we embarrased ourselves on National TV against the Chiefs and they put us in primetime hell ever since.

HHURRICANE
03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
'I forgot that season as well. There was something really special about that team. If they didn't lay an egg against the Steelers, they would have been very interesting to see in the playoffs.

That wasn't an egg but diarhea from all of the cheeseburgers we ate on the road.

Scumbag College
03-26-2007, 08:16 PM
That wasn't an egg but diarhea from all of the cheeseburgers we ate on the road.

I forgot about the cheeseburgers on the road.

Mularkey was such an innovator.

Romes
03-26-2007, 08:19 PM
no farewell Holcomb thread? :idunno:

Devin
03-26-2007, 08:21 PM
:rofl:

Philagape
03-26-2007, 08:21 PM
TKO will always be one of my favorite Bills. He was a warrior, a leader and a fantastic playmaker in his prime. He gave his all and was a good ambassador for the team.
In a football context, his injury was a tragedy, and I understand the team's desire to move on -- IF we draft a stud replacement.
I'll still be proud to display his jersey, which he took the time to sign.

Thank you, Takeo. Wish it could have been longer.

Nighthawk
03-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Loved the guy and wish him the best in Philly!

Scumbag College
03-26-2007, 08:24 PM
no farewell Holcomb thread? :idunno:

I'm crying too much to start a new thread paying homage to Holcomb. 2-3 Mil a year for standing there and having the best view of the game.

This move frees up at least 6 or 7 mil this year.

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 09:10 PM
While I hate that you asked to leave you made being a Bills fan pretty exciting there for a little while.

When you were on there werent many that were as good. Ill miss seeing #51 on the field.

Good Luck in Philly Bro.

I agree - I hope the Eagles make the playoffs just because he's there now. I also hope the Eagles smash on the cowboys two times this season, and take them out of the playoffs (assuming they even make it) and that TKO is a big part of that - just so I can hear the cowboys friends of mine ***** about us letting him go.

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm crying too much to start a new thread paying homage to Holcomb. 2-3 Mil a year for standing there and having the best view of the game.

This move frees up at least 6 or 7 mil this year.

6-7 Mill to maybe... um give us a little more leeway in negotiating for Lance Briggs??

:evil:

OpIv37
03-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Best of luck with the recovery, TKO.

My two favorite memories: the first play from scrimmage last season when he decked Brady and Fletch returned it for a TD.

The other one was the '05 season opener, and it was actually the next day. As I was checking out of the hotel, they had free copies of the Buffalo News, and on the cover was a full-color shot of TKO knocking the ball out of David Carr's hand. Although it turned out to be a mirage, that was the best I've felt about this team since the Kelly era.

OpIv37
03-26-2007, 09:17 PM
6-7 Mill to maybe... um give us a little more leeway in negotiating for Lance Briggs??

:evil:

if that happens I promise I will not ***** again until the season starts.

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 09:17 PM

I wish we could have had Dick Jauron here when we had that team.

I'd say it was a pretty safe bet that we made the playoffs with him coaching us.

Devin
03-26-2007, 09:18 PM

:pray:

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 09:19 PM

if that happens, and I read one post that even remotely sounds like a snivel/whine/*****/cry/moan I will ask my local hindu convenience store clerk to have you karmatically *****slapped.

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 09:22 PM

I personally hold Bledsoe responsible for that loss.

cocamide
03-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I wish Takeo the best. I would love to see him tear up Owens and Tony Homo when they face Dallas. Good luck TKO.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I have to say it is sad to see him go like this. There was such a hype of him coming to Buffalo, one of the first where the fans made a difference in getting him here. I kind of lost a little respect for him in that one Jacksonville game when he laid out the Jag receiver and started dancing, then Ernest Wilford catches the game winning TD over him. Still, good luck in Phily.

shelby
03-27-2007, 04:23 AM
Good luck TKO! You will be missed.

The King
03-27-2007, 05:40 AM
I agree with Devin there was nothing quite like seeing the ninja kick.

Night Train
03-27-2007, 05:47 AM
I personally hold Bledsoe responsible for that loss.

He sucked that day but our vaunted Defense was shredded to ribbons by Willie Parker. It was a total team sucking.

Night Train
03-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Best of luck, TKO.

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2007, 06:31 AM
I will miss you on this team Takeo. You were always super firey and pumping everybody up on and off the field. Your attitude towards the game is bar none.

My favoirte memory of you is a couple seasons ago when you picked off Miami (maybe AJ Feeley?) for 20 yard TD. You were the fricking man.

Oh that and the hit on Brady at the season opener last year, leveling him and making him fumble, and London ran it in for a TD.

You were a beast. Good luck with the recovery in Philly TKO. :miyagi:

EDS
03-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Spikes was the type of player that every NFL wants to route for - he has the heart and the ability. I am disappointed he is gone.

I hope he returns to form and makes the Bills feel stupid for trading him.

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 08:57 AM
I hope he becomes a dominant probowler again.

njsue
03-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Serious Takeo Spikes withdrawal going on here! :(