PDA

View Full Version : ok so now....

Devin
03-26-2007, 08:05 PM
We have pretty much narrowed it down to OLB, RB, CB and WR with an outside shot for round 1. Assuming Crowell to MLB is set.

I gotta believe we give Youboty a shot before drafting a round 1 CB.

My front runner is going to be Poz for now. I still think we trade down.

Canadian'eh!
03-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Peterson if he managed to drop, Poz at 12 is a REACH.... I think possibly Willis and Angelo stays outside.

Devin
03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Willis is my first choice. I just have said otherwise because of the rumblings about Crowell to MLB. Id love to have Willis here.

alohabillsfan
03-26-2007, 08:51 PM
My first 4 look like this

1) RB Lynch Need Pick
2) CB McCauley Need Pick/Depth
3a) LB Black Need Pick
3b) DT Thomas (walker is 30) youth and depth
4) LB Durant
6) WR Trannon
7) RB Best avail.

alohabillsfan
03-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Good bye Holcomb hello used Carr!

Devin
03-26-2007, 08:53 PM
My first 4 look like this

1) RB Lynch Need Pick
2) CB McCauley Need Pick/Depth
3a) LB Black Need Pick
3b) DT Thomas (walker is 30) youth and depth
4) LB Durant
6) WR Trannon
7) RB Best avail.

Everything is a need pick lol.

Defense > RB at the moment.

Good bye Holcomb hello used Carr!

Right.....cause hed come here.

Ebenezer
03-26-2007, 11:27 PM
I am still of the thought that CB will be the first pick.

Philagape
03-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Poz at 12 is a REACH

And Marv's not known for that ...

Tatonka
03-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Willis is my first choice. I just have said otherwise because of the rumblings about Crowell to MLB. Id love to have Willis here.

willis said himself that he can play outside. why wouldnt he be able to.. he runs a 4.4.

and they would have no problem leaving crowell outside if they needed to.

Marvelous
03-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Is Pos worth it if we could trade down 5 or 6 spots? I mean is he the same kind of difference Maker that Willis would be? And where is he projected to be taken?

gr8slayer
03-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Marshawn Lynch.

Michael82
03-27-2007, 12:57 AM
it's going to be Pos. I'm sure of it now. Especially if Willis isn't there.

The Answer
03-27-2007, 12:59 AM
We have pretty much narrowed it down to OLB, RB, CB and WR with an outside shot for round 1. Assuming Crowell to MLB is set.

I gotta believe we give Youboty a shot before drafting a round 1 CB.

My front runner is going to be Poz for now. I still think we trade down.

We are going to have to take a QB in as well between rounds 2-4 since we lost one of the better back up, veteran QB's in this league - definitely a major hole we have to address now with Holcomb's untimely departure.

~The Answer

jamesiscool
03-27-2007, 01:21 AM
We are going to have to take a QB in as well between rounds 2-4 since we lost one of the better back up, veteran QB's in this league - definitely a major hole we have to address now with Holcomb's untimely departure.

~The Answer

............... you better be joking. cuz that was ****ing hilarious.

jamze132
03-27-2007, 03:48 AM
It's either going to be Lynch, Willis, or maybe Timmons if he somehow falls to 12.

Devin
03-27-2007, 07:06 AM
willis said himself that he can play outside. why wouldnt he be able to.. he runs a 4.4.

and they would have no problem leaving crowell outside if they needed to.

Hes played it before, and yes hes capable. However he has stated a few times, pretty strongyl, that he would like to stay inside and feels its where he is most effective.

And yes as ive said unless they are blowing smoke id much prefer to keep Crowell outside and draft Willis.

The King
03-27-2007, 07:14 AM
I dont know how I feel about Crowell moving inside if thats the case our LB core is 100% fresh, I think I would rather have him stay outside so we can have someone who knows the system and is not learning on the fly.

The King
03-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Hes played it before, and yes hes capable. However he has stated a few times, pretty strongyl, that he would like to stay inside and feels its where he is most effective.

And yes as ive said unless they are blowing smoke id much prefer to keep Crowell outside and draft Willis.

With Walker at tackle now, having Willis would make us a very tough team to run on. The flip side to that though is Walker frees up the must have run stopping MLB. We could get away with Crowell in there but I wouldnt want to see him with the cleanup duty Fletch had last year.

RockStar36
03-27-2007, 07:19 AM

~The Answer

:laughing:

You are on the ball in your evaluation of QB's.

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2007, 08:57 AM

Chris Brown's blog suggests that the reason the FO has resisted naming Crowell the clear starter at MLB is that they wanted to leave their options open in the draft, and that if we take a guy who fits better at MLB, Crowell could play strongside OLB and make the defensive calls from there.

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Before his injury, Crowell was blossoming into one of the better playmaking OLB in football. I refuse to believe that if Willis is on the board, the Bills wouldn't leave Crowell where he is.

I think our first pick is going to be LB, but there is a HUGE difference between Willis and the next tier.

Willis if there at 12, can be taken and IMMEDIATELTY become our starting MLB with Crowell and Ellison on the outside.

But if he's gone, we MUST trade down if we're taking a OLB first. Timmons and Pos are NOT good value with the 12th pick. Especially Pos.

I dont have a problem with Pos personally, but he is the anti-cover two LB. IF your going to committ to a cover two, you must have the right personnel. IF it suddenly doesnt matter, then we should've drafted Ngata last year.

Timmons has mad skills, but from what I've heard he's REALLY raw and needs time to learn the NFL game. Beason and Siler are both solid, but neither is going until later in round one.

My PERSONAL preference, is that we take either Willis at 12, or Lynch if Willis is gone and target Rufus Alexander in round two (moving Crowell to middle)

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Before his injury, Crowell was blossoming into one of the better playmaking OLB in football. I refuse to believe that if Willis is on the board, the Bills wouldn't leave Crowell where he is.

I think our first pick is going to be LB, but there is a HUGE difference between Willis and the next tier.

Willis if there at 12, can be taken and IMMEDIATELTY become our starting MLB with Crowell and Ellison on the outside.

But if he's gone, we MUST trade down if we're taking a OLB first. Timmons and Pos are NOT good value with the 12th pick. Especially Pos.

I dont have a problem with Pos personally, but he is the anti-cover two LB. IF your going to committ to a cover two, you must have the right personnel. IF it suddenly doesnt matter, then we should've drafted Ngata last year.

Timmons has mad skills, but from what I've heard he's REALLY raw and needs time to learn the NFL game. Beason and Siler are both solid, but neither is going until later in round one.

My PERSONAL preference, is that we take either Willis at 12, or Lynch if Willis is gone and target Rufus Alexander in round two (moving Crowell to middle)

Since we need a starter, Timmons might not be the right guy for us despite a huge upside.

My strong preference is Willis at 12 unless Peterson is there. If Peterson is there, I'd be OK with Alexander in Rd two (unless Beason is somehow still there), or alternatively packaging a pick or two to get back into the 1st round and grab Beason.

Philagape
03-27-2007, 09:22 AM
it's going to be Pos. I'm sure of it now. Especially if Willis isn't there.

I'm thinking he's their second choice too.
It's well-known that his character, work ethic and intelligence are off the charts, and that makes him a perfect slam dunk Marv-type player. The question is, is he right for our defense? The following reports seem to indicate he wouldn't be out of place ...

Possesses a fluid change of direction and the range to make plays along the sidelines ... Plays with natural linebacker instincts -- flows to the ball, maintains position, extends his arms, wraps and secures ... Has good leaping ability and natural hands to time his jumps and deflect the ball ... Does a very good job of reading the quarterback, slanting and taking proper angles to close
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/posluszny_paul

He is an intelligent player who is able to quickly read and react to what opposing offenses are doing. He has the ability to make plays sideline to sideline and he always seems to be around the football.
http://www.ontheclockdraft.com/profile/Paul_Posluszny/1174

Extremely instinctive...Has good speed with great quickness...Mobile with sideline-to-sideline range. ... More than holds his own in coverage.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/paulposluszny.html

There isn't anything on the field that Posluszny cannot do. He is a true linebacker through and through. He is tough as nails, and has excellent instincts. He quickly diagnoses the action and reacts and flies to the football, wherever the action flows. Posluszny isn't afraid to stick his nose in amongst the lineman, but also has the physical ability and awareness to play in space and make plays.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/paul_posluszny.html

Philagape
03-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Of course, the Bills may not like him, but if they do pick him, obviously they know their needs and the type of player they need better than anyone else

The Answer
03-27-2007, 11:16 AM
:laughing:

You are on the ball in your evaluation of QB's.

So you are ready to play Nall Ball? Because The Answer is not.

Really don't matter anyways, we've purged our roster and have conceded to another 5 years of rebuilding.

~The Answer

Romes
03-27-2007, 11:20 AM
So you are ready to play Nall Ball? Because The Answer is not.

Really don't matter anyways, we've purged our roster and have conceded to another 5 years of rebuilding.

~The Answer

ok. see you in 5 years then :wave:

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm thinking he's their second choice too.
It's well-known that his character, work ethic and intelligence are off the charts, and that makes him a perfect slam dunk Marv-type player. The question is, is he right for our defense? The following reports seem to indicate he wouldn't be out of place ...

Possesses a fluid change of direction and the range to make plays along the sidelines ... Plays with natural linebacker instincts -- flows to the ball, maintains position, extends his arms, wraps and secures ... Has good leaping ability and natural hands to time his jumps and deflect the ball ... Does a very good job of reading the quarterback, slanting and taking proper angles to close
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/posluszny_paul

He is an intelligent player who is able to quickly read and react to what opposing offenses are doing. He has the ability to make plays sideline to sideline and he always seems to be around the football.
http://www.ontheclockdraft.com/profile/Paul_Posluszny/1174

Extremely instinctive...Has good speed with great quickness...Mobile with sideline-to-sideline range. ... More than holds his own in coverage.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/paulposluszny.html

There isn't anything on the field that Posluszny cannot do. He is a true linebacker through and through. He is tough as nails, and has excellent instincts. He quickly diagnoses the action and reacts and flies to the football, wherever the action flows. Posluszny isn't afraid to stick his nose in amongst the lineman, but also has the physical ability and awareness to play in space and make plays.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/paul_posluszny.html
NO disrespect to Pos.. but I can name you a dozen of "productive" white LB's coming out of college who were exposed for being too slow at the NFL level.

This is a speed defense. Pos is NOT a speed guy. For some defenses he can be a real "productive" pro. I dont think Buffalo is one of them.

I'll take Beason, Alexander, Timmons or Siler over him anyday of the week.

Philagape
03-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Timmons 4.59
Posluszny 4.65
Siler 4.67
Beason 4.72
Alexander 4.81

I have not seen a single scouting report that knocks his speed. In fact, one of the weaknesses I read is overpursuit. Then again, they don't take into account that he's white, so what do they know?

Devin
03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Timmons 4.59
Posluszny 4.65
Siler 4.67
Beason 4.72
Alexander 4.81

I have not seen a single scouting report that knocks his speed. In fact, one of the weaknesses I read is overpursuit. Then again, they don't take into account that he's white, so what do they know?

:bf1:

Which goes back to what I said about watching film and not relying on crap mock drafts.

Poz has probably the best football instincts of any LB in this draft and basically is a more athletic Chris Spielman.

Mr. Pink
03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Timmons 4.59
Posluszny 4.65
Siler 4.67
Beason 4.72
Alexander 4.81

Out of curiousity, since when does a 40 yard dash speed in shorts and a t-shirt matter when you're wearing pads and cleats?

40 speed is one thing...game speed is another.

Philagape
03-27-2007, 12:48 PM
I was high on Pos early, but then I made the mistake of automatically believing what some people here say against him. Now that I'm actually doing some real research, I'm warming up to him again.

Philagape
03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Out of curiousity, since when does a 40 yard dash speed in shorts and a t-shirt matter when you're wearing pads and cleats?

40 speed is one thing...game speed is another.

And that applies to all of them.

Devin
03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Imagine that .06 slower then the "far more athletic" Timmons.

Philagape
03-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Imagine that .06 slower then the "far more athletic" Timmons.

Pos ran a 4.58 at his pro day!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#pennst

gr8slayer
03-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Football speed means alot more to me than forty times.

Philagape
03-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Football speed means alot more to me than forty times.

And like I said, that goes for everybody.

Scouts are saying that, while Pos doesn't have "elite" speed, it's not a liability. A huge strength of his is awareness, which is just as valuable. I'd rather have a slower guy who knows where to be than a fast guy who gets caught out of position.

Devin
03-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Pos ran a 4.58 at his pro day!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#pennst

NICE!!!

Ill take that any day!