PDA

View Full Version : What are Eagles fans saying about the trade?

BILLSROCK1212
03-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Just curious because I hope we aren't acting crazy like Ravens fans were when they got McGahee.

EaglesFan#18
03-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Were happy about it. We have young D tackles to get playing time now that walker is gone. And now we have a solid OLB for a few years,and now our young linebackers can learn behind trotter and Takeo.

BILLSROCK1212
03-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Were happy about it. We have young D tackles to get playing time now that walker is gone. And now we have a solid OLB for a few years,and now our young linebackers can learn behind trotter and Takeo.
i agree i think it was a great trade for you guys......just curious what you think of Darwin Walker though

The Answer
03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Just curious because I hope we aren't acting crazy like Ravens fans were when they got McGahee.

There's multiple threads on the subject, mixed responses, and of course a bunch of trollish ones:

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=428502&st=0

"Its official. The deal is flawless and could be considered "rape" to some (in the Eags favor). They even threw Holcomb in to sugar-coat the rape."

"The truth is, Darwin has been more of a liability than an asset in recent years, it was a wise trade.

He is a decent pass rushing defensive tackle, but he seldom holds up at the point of attack.

Walker is fine if you have a big guy next to him to clog running lanes. The Eagles did not. Therefore he was a liability seven plays out of ten."

"thanks for your efforts D-Dub. You went from a Cardinals nobody to a valued commodity, best of luck to you..."

"McGahee will let you know the great places to eat and party at. "

"Thanks for everything Darwin. The Buffalo Bills fans will truely appreciate what you can bring to the table."

" Darwin was a good team leader. Those sacks against the cowboys were great. C ya, Dwalk "

"Darwin, I hate to see any Eagle go. I know you struggled against the run last year and I dogged you for that but don't think I didn't notice how you stepped up and vocally led the team coming down the main stretch into the playoffs. I don't think everyone else on here noticed it, but I appreciated it. Go get 10 sacks and make the pro bowl "

"don't let the door hit ya d-walk.

every time the d was on the field this season i was grabbing the tums. even if bunkley doesn't pan out, i can't imagine him being much worse than you were. thanks for nothing this past season. "

~The Answer

The Answer
03-26-2007, 08:20 PM
This thread alone has nearly 2000 responses already!! :

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=428197

~The Answer

BILLSROCK1212
03-26-2007, 08:23 PM
This thread alone has nearly 2000 responses already!! :

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=428197

~The Answer
i signed up but the Admins there havent accepted my sign up yet

Devin
03-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Eagles are all of a sudden experts on TKO im sure.

Im not gonna bother checking but im sure its something like "next Peterson....etc"

Like McGahee fans associate a name and nothing else.

Yeah try grabbing some film of him this past season. I swear its like Raven fans thinking they have the 2nd coming of Jim Brown in McGahee.

Maybe its something with fans of teams with Birds as a mascott?

feelthepain
03-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Sounds to me he's lacking in the run game, which is the Bills biggest weakness on D.

The Answer
03-26-2007, 08:27 PM
i signed up but the Admins there havent accepted my sign up yet

Yes you have to be a member to even view their boards let alone read them.

Luckily The Answer signed up there a long time ago to lurk since it's a pretty active board.

Be forewarned though - The level of homerism and idiocy there rivals that of finheaven.com. You'd think they just traded for Lance Briggs given some of the responses The Answer has seen.

~The Answer

EaglesFan#18
03-26-2007, 08:28 PM
i agree i think it was a great trade for you guys......just curious what you think of Darwin Walker though

I think Darwin is a good pass rushing DT. He doesnt stop the run well though.

Nighthawk
03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Sounds to me he's lacking in the run game, which is the Bills biggest weakness on D.

True, but he can't be any worse than Anderson. Also, we got a pretty good player for somebody who we would have lost at the end of the year anyways. I think it is a win/win trade for both teams.

feelthepain
03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Eagles are all of a sudden experts on TKO im sure.

Im not gonna bother checking but im sure its something like "next Peterson....etc"

Like McGahee fans associate a name and nothing else.

Yeah try grabbing some film of him this past season. I swear its like Raven fans thinking they have the 2nd coming of Jim Brown in McGahee.

Maybe its something with fans of teams with Birds as a mascott?

Really?? Read any of the resposes from Bill fans on Walker??

Bert102176
03-26-2007, 08:40 PM
a friend of mine is an Eagles fan and said we got ripped that Darwin is way over rated

Nighthawk
03-26-2007, 08:42 PM
a friend of mine is an Eagles fan and said we got ripped that Darwin is way over rated

Fully expected, but let's not forget that the Spikes they are getting is not the Spikes they are thinking he is. So, only time will tell.

Devin
03-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Really?? Read any of the resposes from Bill fans on Walker??

touche.

However I simply believe him to be an upgrade over what we have, a cheap one at that.

I dont believe he will come in and be a pro-bowler or anything.

Nighthawk
03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
touche.

However I simply believe him to be an upgrade over what we have, a cheap one at that.

Exactly...that is how I feel about the trade.

Saratoga Slim
03-26-2007, 08:48 PM
for what its worth I just got off the phone with two friends who are diehard Eagles guys, and both said Walker was their best DT last year. They both think Walker for injured TKO is a fair deal

guy
03-26-2007, 08:49 PM
if walker has two good wheels the bills are ahead in the trade. i loved spikes also but it was time.its funny how every time we trade someone, he's the second coming on another team. do these people forget he's damaged goods?? wake up people!!

feelthepain
03-26-2007, 08:57 PM
for what its worth I just got off the phone with two friends who are diehard Eagles guys, and both said Walker was their best DT last year. They both think Walker for injured TKO is a fair deal

Wow an injured player for a healthy one is a fair trade??? Since when???

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 08:57 PM

I'll admit, our run game was a weakness last year, but one thing I've noticed, and no one on here can deny, is that we did manage to make adjustments in the second half of games in the second half of the season to shut down teams' run games.

I think this could bode well for our D next year - maybe the combination of new systems, new coaching staffs warranted a feeling out process that delayed the coaching staffs ability to get the results it wanted - can someone please post a comparison of our Yards allowed per run play in the second half of the season - if I'm not mistaken, there should be a slight improvement.

granted, we need someone who can hold up at the point of attack, but it's not like we ever got a lot of sacks out of our DT positions last year anyways - so any way you look at it, this trade helps us.

feelthepain
03-26-2007, 09:01 PM
touche.

Hard to say if he's an upgrade till he takes the field for the Bills. I have read several Eagle fans complain about his lack of ability of run defense. I don't think this was a terrible deal for the Bills, but it's one where the biggest need for the Bills still hasn't been filled. You need a run stuffing DT, Walker isn't that. This deal seems more like the Bills FO is distracting Bill fans from what was really accomplished today and that was to save money, not add superior talent at any cost.

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Fully expected, but let's not forget that the Spikes they are getting is not the Spikes they are thinking he is. So, only time will tell.

I'd give the odds of TKO returning to probowl form about 49(nay)-51(yay).

I give him those odds because it's not set in stone yet, but the fact that he did kinda start showing a shadow of his former self in the last couple games last season has to be an encouraging sign - I hope the Eagles make the playoffs at least once while TKO is there - the guy deserves it, and I miss being able to claim the Bills have the best LB in the game - now I have to settle for we have the best DE and WR in the game...

guy
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
no doubt!!

HHURRICANE
03-26-2007, 09:18 PM

That's kind of funny considering Spikes was limping during most of the season. Let's see if he passes his physical.

OpIv37
03-26-2007, 09:24 PM

I'm a diehard Bills fan, but I have family from Philly and I despise the rest of the NFCE (for obvious reasons) so I like seeing the Eagles win as long as they're not playing the Bills. TKO may still be limited by his ankle injury, but the guy is a solid competitor and always wants to win. You can't beat his mentality.

As far as Walker, our D requires the DT's to rush the passer and none of the guys we have can do it. I don't think he'll make our D dominant on his own but he's an improvement for sure.

HHURRICANE
03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Wow an injured player for a healthy one is a fair trade??? Since when???

Huard vs. Culpepper. Maybe injuries matter?

feelthepain
03-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Huard vs. Culpepper. Maybe injuries matter?

Huh???